NFL: Jets name Adam Gase HC

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
It should be noted that Gase is apparently looking at...Vance Joseph, the man who somehow got a head coaching gig after calling the plays for a bottom 10 defense in Miami to be his defensive coordinator.

I can't believe i'm saying it, but i think i feel bad for the Jets.

Reactions: Voight

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Sounds like it was Matt Rhule's job until he wanted his own coaching staff then the Jets said no.

Personally not a fan of either guy but wow that's lame. Not like the Jets had a good staff.

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell

And once again, as he did with the Dolphins, Peyton Manning advised the Jets to hire Gase. Manning can't be that far off base about the man. I will go out on a limb & say this is a good hire.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
If they wanted to hire a guy Manning vouched for it should have been Jim Caldwell. He doesn't win press conferences but he can coach QB's.

Reactions: Voight

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
To be fair Miami's roster is pretty God awful but the reports of his players hating him are never great to hear.

Still probably like him more than McCarthy.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Feels like the Jets needed an actual name without paying for an actual name. Probably just didn't want to pay McCarthy the 7-10M per year he would command.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
For Jets fans, let me break it down for you.

- Gase's supposed "QB whisperer" mantle is a load of bull. His pupils include Peyton Manning, who he should get literally zero credit for because it's god damn Peyton Manning. He made Jay Cutler look slightly less trash that one year in Chicago. (While completely gutting his best attribute in his arm) And he made Ryan Tannehill, who was already basically the definition of mediocre somehow regress under him statistically.

- He's a "leader of men." He commands a "culture" blah blah blah. Dolphins and other fans like to routinely point out "But the team sucks!." what they fail to realize is Gase had a significant say over his roster. Any guy who didn't fit his "culture" (AKA: guys who disagreed with him) was shown the door and slandered on the way out. Jay Ajayi was labelled as a malcontent manchild by the Dolphins, he gets traded to the Eagles for peanuts. What happens? Ajayi turns out to be a major contributor to a championship winning team and is very well liked in the Eagles room. Jarvis Landry? Sure he wanted to get paid after Gase made him the focal point of the offense. Gase didn't like it, and promptly kicked him to the curb. Landry goes on to have a near 1000 yard season with the Browns. Not a peep about how bad of a teammate he supposedly was. Suh? Makes too money, let him go. Suh goes on to be a two headed monster with the Rams. He benched Reshad Jones, who has been nothing but a gem in his career because he disagreed. Adam Gase is a ****ing douchebag.

- Gase's two biggest accomplishments; beating a bunch of cupcakes on the way to a lame 10-6 season and going 5-1 against Todd Bowles (the guy he's likely to hire as his DC too). That's it.

As Gene already said, the guy is a PR master. Bad, bad hire.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I never understood the hype with this guy. Coached one of the best ever QBs who was already one of the best ever before Gase (a job that any HF football guru could do), coached Cutler to perfect mediocrity and did nothing special at all in Miami.
I don't see what makes him special.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

And once again, as he did with the Dolphins, Peyton Manning advised the Jets to hire Gase. Manning can't be that far off base about the man. I will go out on a limb & say this is a good hire.

Yeah and with the Dolphins he went 2 games under .500 and barely had a division winning record. Only because Bellichick put Gronk at safety on a play everyone knew was coming. Also because Chuckles Clay CAN'T CATCH.

We can play the injury game, fine but Darnold already is having foot issues.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
His cordinator picks are head scratching. He's gunna bring in his offensive cordinator??? Their offense was junk. So he gets to bring in his own cordinatos but Rhule couldn't have a staff?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
For Jets fans, let me break it down for you.

- Gase's supposed "QB whisperer" mantle is a load of bull. His pupils include Peyton Manning, who he should get literally zero credit for because it's god damn Peyton Manning. He made Jay Cutler look slightly less trash that one year in Chicago. (While completely gutting his best attribute in his arm) And he made Ryan Tannehill, who was already basically the definition of mediocre somehow regress under him statistically.

- He's a "leader of men." He commands a "culture" blah blah blah. Dolphins and other fans like to routinely point out "But the team sucks!." what they fail to realize is Gase had a significant say over his roster. Any guy who didn't fit his "culture" (AKA: guys who disagreed with him) was shown the door and slandered on the way out. Jay Ajayi was labelled as a malcontent manchild by the Dolphins, he gets traded to the Eagles for peanuts. What happens? Ajayi turns out to be a major contributor to a championship winning team and is very well liked in the Eagles room. Jarvis Landry? Sure he wanted to get paid after Gase made him the focal point of the offense. Gase didn't like it, and promptly kicked him to the curb. Landry goes on to have a near 1000 yard season with the Browns. Not a peep about how bad of a teammate he supposedly was. Suh? Makes too money, let him go. Suh goes on to be a two headed monster with the Rams. He benched Reshad Jones, who has been nothing but a gem in his career because he disagreed. Adam Gase is a ****ing *****ebag.

- Gase's two biggest accomplishments; beating a bunch of cupcakes on the way to a lame 10-6 season and going 5-1 against Todd Bowles (the guy he's likely to hire as his DC too). That's it.

As Gene already said, the guy is a PR master. Bad, bad hire.

Todd Bowles once coached the Dolphins, this blew my minf to figure out.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
He also ran our best runningback and wide receiver out of town because he didn't like they had a bit of bite to them.

He even found a way to make Reshad Jones look bad. Jones has been nothing but a model teammate and player since starting his career in the NFL.

**** Adam Gase and **** Peyton Manning for getting this guy more work. At least with McCarthy there's a track record of him being able to work with QB's (turned Favre back into an elite production level player in 07, helped mold Rodgers)

Edit: I know Landry is overrated by a lot of people but i'm still mad they shipped him out and replaced his salary with two garbage cans in Amendola and Albert Wilson

Dont Toews Me Bro

Mar 20, 2018
I'm stunned the Jets hired Gase, maybe Darnold will have a good sophmore year.
But Gase couldn't get jack **** out of Tannehill.

Maybe because Tannehill is a terrible quarterback? Darnold will be way better so that point is invalid.

I don't think this is that bad of a hire. They probably should have went with McCarthy but I think Gase will turn Darnold into the great QB he was drafted to be. Also if Peyton Goddamn Manning says he's good then I trust that. My only beef is being that assclown Dowell Loggains with him. It's amazing this invalid still gets jobs.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008

Jim Bob Cooter to the Jets confirmed!

It's not great for the Jets. But I think it's still better than Mike McCarthy.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Tannehill regressed under him... yet hes still supposed to be great with QBs? The only other one he coached is one of the best ever.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

A Gase and Williams combo will be interesting. My money would be on this going very poorly but maybe these two will surprise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad