NFL: Jets name Adam Gase HC

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

It's amazing how when it' all right there they don't change. The first GM fired next season.....Mike McCagonuen(spelling, not that he's worth knowing)

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I wasn't completely sold on McCarthy either but man, I'm just not feeling this one. Of course if it was some organization that knew what it was doing and not the Jets I might give it a little more of a benefit of the doubt but...

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
This is like the Bills hiring Rex Ryan but Gase really showed nothing in Miami. His teams had no expertise at any objective. The whole objective of the head coach is to coach your coaches. Maybe this is why the trees of even Bellichick haven't seen returns.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Like I said when he was fired, I've never understood the fascination with him as a HC. I was surprised when media immediately said he'd be a top candidate for other jobs but they were right.

The "QB whisperer"......

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
It is partially an indictment on McCarthy. On paper it looks like a slam dunk hire but at the same time one title in 13 years with 2 hall of fame quarterbacks is nothing spectacular.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I wasn't completely sold on McCarthy either but man, I'm just not feeling this one. Of course if it was some organization that knew what it was doing and not the Jets I might give it a little more of a benefit of the doubt but...
Nah, Gase is a much better choice then that fat piece of garbage. Still uninspiring.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Nah, Gase is a much better choice then that fat piece of garbage. Still uninspiring.

I mean it wasn't really a great choice if you wanted an experienced coach and after twenty years of hiring inexperienced coaches, it was time for the Jets to stop treating a NY job like an entry-level position. And the only defense I have of Gase is his QB's were a vat of uninspiring and the locker room was filled with high-maintenance players just like Tanny did here with Rex.

I do wonder if Gase even gets an interview if we were 5-1 against him instead of 1-5. Not much of an accomplishment beating Todd Bowles and the last three years of the Jets though.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The thing I find alaming about Gase is his team mailed it in the last 2 games after getting eliminated after losing badly in Minnesota after making a bit of a rally. Outside of a horrible pick 6 by Allen at the end of the 1st half the Dolphins really did nothing all day. They had a shot to be .500

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
I mean it wasn't really a great choice if you wanted an experienced coach and after twenty years of hiring inexperienced coaches, it was time for the Jets to stop treating a NY job like an entry-level position. And the only defense I have of Gase is his QB's were a vat of uninspiring and the locker room was filled with high-maintenance players just like Tanny did here with Rex.

I do wonder if Gase even gets an interview if we were 5-1 against him instead of 1-5. Not much of an accomplishment beating Todd Bowles and the last three years of the Jets though.

Well, he is going to NY, almost all of their sports teams have high maintenance locker rooms. The market creates that.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Mike Maccagnan is a freaking disaster.

The worst part is, when they finally realize they got it wrong, they'll probably have already stunted Darnold irreversibly.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I'm stunned the Jets hired Gase, maybe Darnold will have a good sophmore year.
But Gase couldn't get jack **** out of Tannehill.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
WFAN will be an absolute joy to listen to tomorrow. Wow.

You have McCarthy basically begging you to hire him and you hire Gase?

To be fair it seemed like nobody else was really banging down McCarthy's door before that public proclamation. His whole 'I'll only have interest in the Jets job' was a PR play IMO. Who else even interviewed him besides the Browns (maybe)?

Boomer might have a rare temper. Wish Carton was still free, he would be crying for 4 hours.

Isn't Carton doing one of those stupid gambling shows on a cable network now?

Hmmm...looks like not anymore.

On March 29, 2018, amid the current allegations against him, Carton launched his new program, "Carton and Friends" with Michelle Serpico on the FNTSY Sports Network, an online broadcaster. In November 2018, Carton was convicted of all charges. He faces up to 45 years in prison.

Good riddance.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
To be fair it seemed like nobody else was really banging down McCarthy's door before that public proclamation. His whole 'I'll only have interest in the Jets job' was a PR play IMO. Who else even interviewed him besides the Browns (maybe)?

Isn't Carton doing one of those stupid gambling shows on a cable network now?

Hmmm...looks like not anymore.

Good riddance.

I don't recall him doing a gambling show, if he did it had to be out of Jersey because King Cuomo still hasn't really legalized it. Eventhough it's legal it's up to the particular state to legalize it. WFAN operates out of one of the boroughs. But yeah he got busted by the feds almost a year ago now.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Ah yes, the supposed "QB Whisperer" goes to work taking a hatchet to another career.

Hope you like your QB being adverse to taking deep shots and resorting to checkdowns ad nausem, Jets fan.

He did nothing to make Tannehill look good (i'd argue he looked worse at points), he made a trash can like Cutler look less trash, and then he gets zero credit working with Peyton Manning because it's Peyton ****ing Manning. He made Jim Caldwell look like a competent coach. :laugh:

Edit: Not to mention all the allegations of Gase being an enormous douche behind the scenes. His supposed "culture change" was basically "if you disagree with me even the slightest, you're worthless to me." to the point guys like Kenyan Drake were losing touches because of his ego.

Last edited:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Ah yes, the supposed "QB Whisperer" goes to work taking a hatchet to another career.

Hope you like your QB being adverse to taking deep shots and resorting to checkdowns ad nausem, Jets fan.

He did nothing to make Tannehill look good (i'd argue he looked worse at points), he made a trash can like Cutler look less trash, and then he gets zero credit working with Peyton Manning because it's Peyton ****ing Manning. He made Jim Caldwell look like a competent coach. :laugh:

I thought the Manning ride was in Denver when Manning was on his last legs and the last 2 years was a shell of his former self?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad