Jets Media - TV, YouTube, Radio etc

ElLoboBlanco

Jan 20, 2021

Just fired this up. Gonna be my first YouTube subscription ever.

One thing loosing 1290 has emphasized for me was how we need to support our local "media" guys as much as possible. I've already subscribed to Ruwicki's "skates and plates" podcast on Stitcher and have been an athletic subscriber for 2ish years to get the Murat Ates takes.

It's free to subscribe to a YouTube channel and favorite/rate a podcast. The Athletic Subscription is very affordable considering the quality and amount of content.

I implore everyone here to go out and do what you can (free stuff is easy and takes minimal time) to support our local guys.

Cheers!

shoops

Aug 25, 2016
Giving CJOB pre-game a listen - man wow Ted Irvine wasn't expecting that... Not sure I can listen to Kelly Moore this whole time either... Flipped to TSN1200 (OTT) and at least it sounds professional... CJOB needs some work... TEXT line - take some calls... Seriously? Uggghhh...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Giving CJOB pre-game a listen - man wow Ted Irvine wasn't expecting that... Not sure I can listen to Kelly Moore this whole time either... Flipped to TSN1200 (OTT) and at least it sounds professional... CJOB needs some work... TEXT line - take some calls... Seriously? Uggghhh...
I also thought I’d give the CJOB pre-game a listen and it was pretty underwhelming. Kind of boring and really didn’t bring much worth listening to.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
How long until Sportsnet/Rogers comes and sets up their own all sports station here? It’s not gonna happen, is it :(
Sadly no. As I learned today, Bell needs an AM station in order to keep their FM licenses in the market. It doesn’t really matter what they put on it’s airwaves. Not sure what Rogers has in town for stations.

RAFS

Feb 22, 2013
Sadly no. As I learned today, Bell needs an AM station in order to keep their FM licenses in the market. It doesn’t really matter what they put on it’s airwaves. Not sure what Rogers has in town for stations.
92 CITI and KISS 102

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
How long until Sportsnet/Rogers comes and sets up their own all sports station here? It’s not gonna happen, is it :(

Yeah thats not happening. It already feels like they reluctantly cover the Jets as it is (two 9pm local starts this year and a 2pm), they won't set up shop with a radio station, unless they somehow end up with regional rights for TV - again, unlikely as SNW is already crowded with the Flames and Oilers.

Reactions: snowkiddin

antiqueslivers

Apr 16, 2015
Sooooooo where are you guys getting your sports radio/ jets fix? my morning routine has been dashed and looking for a safe harbour.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Sooooooo where are you guys getting your sports radio/ jets fix? my morning routine has been dashed and looking for a safe harbour.

Other than listening to 1290 .. I listen to the sports shows on SXM. For when the Jets are playing I can pick between the Jets and whomever they are playing... I find it interesting to listen to the opposition feed.

Reactions: antiqueslivers

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
Other than listening to 1290 .. I listen to the sports shows on SXM. For when the Jets are playing I can pick between the Jets and whomever they are playing... I find it interesting to listen to the opposition feed.
SXM sports channels are literally 50% advertisements. Which drives me crazy seeing as you have to pay for the service.

RetroWinnipeg

Oct 27, 2016
www.youtube.com
SXM sports channels are literally 50% advertisements. Which drives me crazy seeing as you have to pay for the service.
American sports talk is a lot like how their taste in potato chip flavors are different from ours.

More often I seem to be gravitating over to Yacht Rock Radio these days.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
My problem is that I'm just not all that much of a sports fan. I'm a Jets fan...a Bomber fan. My interest doesn't extend much beyond that. So listening to sports radio that isn't centered mostly on the local teams is a non-starter for me. With the demise of 1290 I listen mostly to OB while I'm out on the road because I just find I prefer talk radio to music most of the time. However, I often end up turning OB off too because they rarely talk about anything interesting. At home I listen to my own music or any of a number of podcasts or whatever, but the van I drive for work isn't really set up for that sort of thing so it's just whatever is on the radio.

I listen to CBC once in a while but it doesn't take very long for me to tire of the pompous tone.

Al Camino

Jul 18, 2018
There are a few local podcasts you can try. Jets Centric if you are into a more critical analysis. They can be angry but for the most part they can make some decent points. There is also Jets Nation. If I recall it's done by some guys with radio experience in Portage. They are more in the IC vein. Myself I prefer Jets Centric.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Turned on 1290 to hear a few minutes of the post game analysis and for some reason Westwood was talking about dating and the other host was talking about ice cream? Admittedly they were both funnier than normal

Reactions: RetroWinnipeg

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Just gotta say, love the new comedy format. Sorry, but I do. I still want a place on the dial that's Winnipeg-based and dedicated to sports.

Yeah I liked the comedy channels when I had XM. I find the AM quality on 1290 makes some of the comedy tracks muffled a bit.

Renaming this thread as there's not much point in having a thread dedicated to a stand up comedy radio station.

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
TSN 1290 reunion show (The Big Show crew) on the latest Skates and Plates podcast:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...d=0CAUQkfYCahcKEwigsPrqqYDvAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ

It's a reunion episode as Brandon Rewucki is joined by Jim Toth and Troy Westwood to break down the Jets recent play including back to back wins over Vancouver, Mark Scheifele's play, as well as the potential of a Mattias Ekholm trade.

Also Check out the latest Live from Remis' Basement:

In Episode 4 of Live from Remis' Basement I'm joined by Scott Billeck of the Winnipeg Sun. We discussed the Jets road trip where they went 3-1 vs. Edmonton & Vancouver, Pierre Luc Dubois' breakout game and OT winner, if the Jets are giving up too many shots and upcoming lineup decisions.

Last edited:

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB

Feb 23, 2021

In the 95th episode of Ground Control Tyler, Mitchell and Paul recap a successful road trip for the Winnipeg Jets as the team picked up six of a possible eight points. The guys chat about Mark Scheifele's streak, Laurent Brossoit's shutout, Neal Pionk's play and much more! Plus, Tyler sits down with team massage therapist, Allen Pritchard (12:09). 'Pritchy' shares how he got the job with the team, his relationships with players and more!

Last edited:
Reactions: kanadalainen

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
TSN 1290 reunion show (The Big Show crew) on the latest Skates and Plates podcast:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...d=0CAUQkfYCahcKEwigsPrqqYDvAhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQAQ

It's a reunion episode as Brandon Rewucki is joined by Jim Toth and Troy Westwood to break down the Jets recent play including back to back wins over Vancouver, Mark Scheifele's play, as well as the potential of a Mattias Ekholm trade.

Its not bad at all! Especially when they get past cooking and Wanda Vision, and start into the Jets analysis. Brandon Rewucki is quite good, always liked him. The crew seemed relaxed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jetsfan79

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
There are a few local podcasts you can try. Jets Centric if you are into a more critical analysis. They can be angry but for the most part they can make some decent points. There is also Jets Nation. If I recall it's done by some guys with radio experience in Portage. They are more in the IC vein. Myself I prefer Jets Centric.

I don’t mind Jets Centric, especially when they bring in guests. When there is no guests it can be a bit just bitching with no real point or no evidence or no data. That being said I haven’t listened to all their shows.....working my way through them. So far I would give them 3 out of 5 stars.

Reactions: Hollywood3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad