OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Fist

Fist full of dollars
Feb 9, 2014
Winnipeg
Anyone else get a text today from Rogers informing you that you will have to pay for NHL live this season? I tried to do live chat for an hour to see what was up and surprisingly no agents were available. Did a google search and found this. The reason I went with Rogers was get get NHL live for free.
Rogers is unbundling Spotify and NHL Live from its mobile plans

Rogers has been offering a free Spotify premium subscription and a seasons pass subscription to Rogers NHL Live as a sales incentive on its Share Everything Plans since 2015.

Anyone using the Rogers NHL Live subscription is out of luck. Since the NHL season ended on June 7th, Rogers is not renewing this plan for the next season.

Rogers is unbundling Spotify and NHL LIVE from its mobile plans

Oh goody! Another reason to call Rogers and vent all my earthly frustrations onto them, can't wait.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Anyone else get a text today from Rogers informing you that you will have to pay for NHL live this season? I tried to do live chat for an hour to see what was up and surprisingly no agents were available. Did a google search and found this. The reason I went with Rogers was get get NHL live for free.
Rogers is unbundling Spotify and NHL Live from its mobile plans

Rogers has been offering a free Spotify premium subscription and a seasons pass subscription to Rogers NHL Live as a sales incentive on its Share Everything Plans since 2015.

Anyone using the Rogers NHL Live subscription is out of luck. Since the NHL season ended on June 7th, Rogers is not renewing this plan for the next season.

Rogers is unbundling Spotify and NHL LIVE from its mobile plans

Yeah I got that email. It was a nice perk - but I had major problems running it last year and ended up using an alternative method, so I won't miss it.
Oh goody! Another reason to call Rogers and vent all my earthly frustrations onto them, can't wait.
Ironically, I spend more time on the phone with Rogers than anyone else...probably more than everyone else combined. The billing f***ups are frequent.

The Fist

Fist full of dollars
Feb 9, 2014
Winnipeg
Yeah I got that email. It was a nice perk - but I had major problems running it last year and ended up using an alternative method, so I won't miss it.

Ironically, I spend more time on the phone with Rogers than anyone else...probably more than everyone else combined. The billing ****ups are frequent.

My battles with Rogers are legendary, I initiated an Ombudsman complaint, a CCTS complaint, emailed CBC Go Public on this issue and left a nasty voicemail to a contact at their Office of the President, we'll see where this gets me.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
My battles with Rogers are legendary, I initiated an Ombudsman complaint, a CCTS complaint, emailed CBC Go Public on this issue and left a nasty voicemail to a contact at their Office of the President, we'll see where this gets me.
Man I am so happy to be out from under the obscenity that is Canadian cell carriers. If i didn't have a friend who owned a couple of Rogers stores I would have been royally ****ed a couple of times.

I have Cricket in the US right now. Month to month, unlimited calling and texting in US, Canada and Mexico, and 8GB of data - $45

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: The Fist

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Got the XBOX One X (in anticipation of RDR2, and they gave me $250 for my S)

Playing Tomb Raider on it. I didn't think console gaming could get more beautiful but WOW. Foilage, shadows, depth of field, frame rate. It's absolutely stunning and I don't even have true 4k or HDR.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Man I am so happy to be out from under the obscenity that is Canadian cell carriers. If i didn't have a friend who owned a couple of Rogers stores I would have been royally ****ed a couple of times.

I have Cricket in the US right now. Month to month, unlimited calling and texting in US, Canada and Mexico, and 8GB of data - $45
Well, that's just under $60 CDN - which isn't far off from what you can get in Manitoba (unlimited local calling, unlimited text and 6GB for $60...extra $5/month for Canada-wide long distance).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Fair enough. Well they have made some changes to the way cell providers operate in Canada. I've just had a really painless experience with these guys and it's nice it's no contract.

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Does anyone know of an .ICS calendar file for the jets' schedule? The direct download to calendar option won't work for me.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
'A public relations nightmare': Ticketmaster recruits pros for secret scalper program | CBC News

Box-office giant Ticketmaster is recruiting professional scalpers who cheat its own system to expand its resale business and squeeze more money out of fans, a CBC News/Toronto Star investigation reveals.

Company representatives told them Ticketmaster's resale division turns a blind eye to scalpers who use ticket-buying bots and fake identities to snatch up tickets and then resell them on the site for inflated prices.

The audience heard that Ticketmaster has developed a professional reseller program and within the past year launched TradeDesk, a web-based inventory management system for scalpers.

We went undercover as ticket scalpers — and Ticketmaster offered to help us do business | The Star

The Fist

Fist full of dollars
Feb 9, 2014
Winnipeg

Update, I've got my Gamecenter back for this season only, I argued that the fact that I found out about this by an article and not from Rogers themselves is a failure of their responsibility to the customer, the Office of the President couldn't find a notice sent to me so they credited my account 179.99 which is the early bird fee for Gamecenter. Also they sent me gamecenter advertising, which is another issue as they are to never send me advertising in any form and I have the Ombudsman in writing saying so, I intend to hit them over the head with that.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
Yeah, the only reasons I've really stuck with Rogers were:
1. Free NHL Gamecentre.
2. Not having to bother changing phone # and updating everyone.

Not to mention they were only willing to give me a deal on my no-tab plan for 1-year to match Koodo's prices.

Might as well just switch to Koodo now.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ

Derfel

Everybody Loves Me
Oct 4, 2017
Calgary, AB
I dropped Rogers last year in December during the whole crazy data deals for $60 business, but my Gamecenter login continued to work the rest of the season. I'm sort of surprised they did this though because they own the TV rights and I can't imagine they'll end up with a ton more revenue to offset people leaving to alternative providers... I wonder if it's a technical move to alleviate load on their servers to improve service (I ended up using an "alternative" source for watching games half the time because of server issues with GC).

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Got the XBOX One X (in anticipation of RDR2, and they gave me $250 for my S)

Playing Tomb Raider on it. I didn't think console gaming could get more beautiful but WOW. Foilage, shadows, depth of field, frame rate. It's absolutely stunning and I don't even have true 4k or HDR.

I splurged for a 4k HDR ready TV over the summer from Costco; $3k plus tax for the 55 inch LGs they were clearing out. So everything you said about Shadow of the Tomb Raider, you can double that under fancypants 4K HDR.

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I splurged for a 4k HDR ready TV over the summer from Costco; $3k plus tax for the 55 inch LGs they were clearing out. So everything you said about Shadow of the Tomb Raider, you can double that under fancypants 4K HDR.
Why exactly are you trying to ruin me financially? I thought we were friends!

Seriously, though, I am waiting for January when TV's get stupid cheap. :)

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Why exactly are you trying to ruin me financially? I thought we were friends!

Seriously, though, I am waiting for January when TV's get stupid cheap. :)

Hey, I'm just letting you share the excitement vicariously through me :) But I'm sure your decision to wait until after January will wind up being a very good dollar-wise one. And when you get it, you'll revisit all the games that support it that you played. I'd bring up The Last of Us and Horizon: Zero Dawn but you mentioned you have an XBox and I don't want to get accused of taunting ;)

Reactions: Jet

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Hey, I'm just letting you share the excitement vicariously through me :) But I'm sure your decision to wait until after January will wind up being a very good dollar-wise one. And when you get it, you'll revisit all the games that support it that you played. I'd bring up The Last of Us and Horizon: Zero Dawn but you mentioned you have an XBox and I don't want to get accused of taunting ;)
No worries, I prefer stable online gaming where my cc info isn't at risk :)

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
We had a starving stray kitten (maybe 8-10 months old) hanging around our place for a couple weeks that we started feeding, he had basically been living under our deck. Last week during the thunderstorm we brought him in the house, poor guy was just soaking wet and we felt too sorry for him. No claims for him at the Humane Society, so we decided to keep him. Just a great little cat, and has had no problems getting along with our old tabby and 2 dogs. Near instant acceptance, I think animals can sense other hard luck cases that need help (the other cat and one of the dogs are rescue animals).

2 cats and 2 dogs, what have we done? lol But I've never seen an animal this happy to find a new home, it does warm the heart quite a bit.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
We had a starving stray kitten (maybe 8-10 months old) hanging around our place for a couple weeks that we started feeding, he had basically been living under our deck. Last week during the thunderstorm we brought him in the house, poor guy was just soaking wet and we felt too sorry for him. No claims for him at the Humane Society, so we decided to keep him. Just a great little cat, and has had no problems getting along with our old tabby and 2 dogs. Near instant acceptance, I think animals can sense other hard luck cases that need help (the other cat and one of the dogs are rescue animals).

2 cats and 2 dogs, what have we done? lol But I've never seen an animal this happy to find a new home, it does warm the heart quite a bit.

You are making me want a cat. I am def going to the humane society as soon as I buy a place down here.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

That's so awesome he fit in so easily. You're making me miss having a cat. I nicknamed my old tabby "Tony Soprano" cuz all he would do is give my Labs "the look" and they would fall in line.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad