OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I was considering purchasing a subscription to the Athletic and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the content.

Well written and informed articles ? No fake rumor mill articles to get clicks ?

Extremely high quality content - I'd say it's worth it. I'd wait for the new season though. They usually have a 1 month free offer - you can make your decision without paying a cent.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I was considering purchasing a subscription to the Athletic and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on the content.

Well written and informed articles ? No fake rumor mill articles to get clicks ?

I love the Athletic. Murat is worth the price let alone all the other cool articles from the writers. An interesting side note is even the comments section after articles is very good.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137

Totally worth it, and as others have stated Murat is worth the price alone with his well written content. Very happy I subscribed.

Reactions: bisonbutt

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
If you guys are interested, the Manitoba Sports Network is broadcasting u21 womens baseball nationals. Mb is playing in a semi final later today, but plays ns for seeding at noon.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
BDE6780D-6306-46CC-8F61-71355CC86FD2.jpeg

And now for today’s weather forecast :D

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I know people mock wraslin and call it fake but it is a brutal, physically punishing business where these guys are independent contractors working over 200 nights a year on the road and their bodies take a savage beating from the bumps. If they want to get paid they have to work injured and often that leads to pain killers and to keep their look they often need performance enhancing drugs. Like live stunt men there is only so much you can do to protect people that need to make it look as real as possible. They all die young for a reason.

RIP Jim

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->