OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
So one of my best friends, his 4 year old daughter is really sick (she is like a niece to us). Been in the hospital 2 weeks with bacterial pneumonia and not improving, I'm fearing she may have a new anti-biotic resistant strain. Has a tube in her lung to drain fluid and on lots of anti-biotics and painkillers but nothing seems to be working. No one has heard from them the last 2 days and we are getting pretty anxious. She is just such a sweet little girl, so full of life and always happy and I'm not sure why things like this happen to little kids.

I'm trying to stay positive but its getting tough. Times like these make you realize that hockey games are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Oh man this is horrible, I'm so sorry to hear this. I really hope she gets better soon.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
:(

Very, very sorry to hear. They're like family members - it's never easy to have to make that decision. All the best to you and those close to your cat. :(
It sucks. Last week it was a normal cat and now they say it's kidneys are f***ed up and it has anemia etc. It would just get so very expensive to treat him...with zero guarantees...i cannot...

E: Welp, it's done. Couldn't hold my composure at the vets.

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
It sucks. Last week it was a normal cat and now they say it's kidneys are ****ed up and it has anemia etc. It would just get so very expensive to treat him...with zero guarantees...i cannot...

That is really sad. Sorry you had to go through that.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
Taking my 6 year old cat to be euthanized in a few hours. Things suck right now.

My thoughts are with you man. I have to decide when to put down my 10 year old Lab soon because of seizures/brain tumor, and it sucks. They're like family. Sorry you have to go through it man. It freakin hurts like hell :(

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
It sucks. Last week it was a normal cat and now they say it's kidneys are ****ed up and it has anemia etc. It would just get so very expensive to treat him...with zero guarantees...i cannot...

There is no such thing as losing your composure when something you love dies.

Sorry man, that's rough. Take care.

Reactions: GNP and ps241

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
My thoughts are with you man. I have to decide when to put down my 10 year old Lab soon because of seizures/brain tumor, and it sucks. They're like family. Sorry you have to go through it man. It freakin hurts like hell :(
I had to put down my last dog because of seizures and a brain tumor. It was so hard to do because when he wasn't having seizures he seemed like his happy self but they were getting so bad, it's such a sad thing to do.

Thoughts are with you @Paul Maurice.

Reactions: Afterburner

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Just witnessed a cop go through a red light with his lights on at about 45mph(speed limit in area is 40) not even thinking of slowing down and almost clobber someone pulling out(they had green light). Would have been difficult for them to see him as there is a median with trees and it’s a curve. Absolutely freaking ridiculous.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
So one of my best friends, his 4 year old daughter is really sick (she is like a niece to us). Been in the hospital 2 weeks with bacterial pneumonia and not improving, I'm fearing she may have a new anti-biotic resistant strain. Has a tube in her lung to drain fluid and on lots of anti-biotics and painkillers but nothing seems to be working. No one has heard from them the last 2 days and we are getting pretty anxious. She is just such a sweet little girl, so full of life and always happy and I'm not sure why things like this happen to little kids.

I'm trying to stay positive but its getting tough. Times like these make you realize that hockey games are pretty insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

Absolutely terrible.

I have read that people generally wish for a lot of things, but a sick person (or their family) only has one wish.

I sincerely hope she gets well soon.

Edit: saw the update, fantastic news!

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Absolutely terrible.

I have read that people generally wish for a lot of things, but a sick person (or their family) only has one wish.

I sincerely hope she gets well soon.

Edit: saw the update, fantastic news!

She was released from the hospital today!

She may have some minor permanent damage to her lung but the worst is over now.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I'm officially done with living in my house. Have another f***ing mouse. I think I killed it by slamming a mouse trap on it. And of course Holden is at work.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I'm officially done with living in my house. Have another ****ing mouse. I think I killed it by slamming a mouse trap on it. And of course Holden is at work.

Get a rescue cat LJ26 they will keep the house free of rodents.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I have a cat. He's the one who let me know there were mice in 2016. We made the mistake of removing our traps we had set-up. We didn't have any last year.
That cat needs to start earning it's keep. Less sleeping and freeloading, more mousing.

Reactions: LadyJet26

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
He's mostly lazy but he hasn't acted like there are mice in the house since the other night

Maybe you've got one of these bad boys and your cat has decided that discretion is the better part of valour. :laugh:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ducky10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad