OT: Jets Lounge: Calling football "soccer" is bad form, even if it's Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
In keeping with the thread theme...

Stick it, Neymar! Your diving antics bring shame to the beautiful game. Good to see you going home.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Do any of our American posters dabble in crypto? If so, what app do you use to trade?

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
steve_ditko_amazing_fantasy_15_split.jpg

Steve Ditko, Spider-Man Co-Creator and Legendary Comics Artist, Dies at 90

Legendary Marvel Artist And Co-Creator Of SPIDER-MAN Steve Ditko Has Passed Away At The Age Of 90

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Don't think many thought that Croatia would be in the Final, gutsy win today .......France /Croatia .................Sunday

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Think Chia would trade Poolparty to Winnipeg for cheap? Because he might lose faith in him and think the Jets could turn him into the promising player he could be. Also reminds me of Blake Wheeler.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Why are we trading three years of Derozan for one year of Leonard? Leonard doesn't want to play in TOR so most likely won't re-sign. I don't like this trade. This leaves a sour taste in my mouth. A superstar that commits to the Raptors and wants to win here and now he too leaves on a sour note. I know his playoff stunk but now you're trading for a guy who doesn't want to be here.

Last edited:

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
Why are we trading three years of Derozan for one year of Leonard? Leonard doesn't want to play in TOR so most likely won't re-sign. I don't like this trade. This leaves a sour taste in my mouth. A superstar that commits to the Raptors and wants to win here and now he too leaves on a sour note. I know his playoff stunk but now you're trading for a guy who doesn't want to be here.
Bad trade imo, could they not have done something around Lowry. Ujiri is usually pretty good but I always assume you lose the trade when you trade with SA.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Bad trade imo, could they not have done something around Lowry. Ujiri is usually pretty good but I always assume you lose the trade when you trade with SA.
I heard Derozan would've most likely opted out after two years, so it's one less year of Leonard I guess, so it looks like to me that they are going for it this year and then rebuilding after that.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

You give up a lot for Kahwi. I don't think Lowry wouldve got it done without massively selling the future, and that's what this move is about.

The current team couldn't win it. Granted, they've always had LeBron to worry about, but this trade shakes it up and gives you this year to make the Final. After that, you can blow it up and rebuild it.

The only real bad part about the trade is how the team treated DeRozan. Shouldn't be promising anyone they won't be traded.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013

Yeah I'm not sure it's great to trade someone who likes Toronto for someone who wants to bolt for LA in a year. Kawhi is the better player though, hopefully can go on a run this year. I liked DeRozan though :(

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I think we should have a dedicated thread for discussing the Raptors, Blue Jays and that nameless MLS club with its nutter fan base. We could call it OT: Toronto Teams That 99% of Winnipeggers Don't Care About. :D

Reactions: Board Bard

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Why shouldn't they? (srsly asking because I don't know what you're verbally pointing at)
Down Goes Brown talked about it today - the NBA has one or two Superteams and everyone else is tanking, rebuilding or otherwise irrelevant.

I had to post the Twitter link because the article URL has verboten language that triggers the HF filter. But the Jets Rock thing is pretty funny too...

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
All the super teams are in the West. The East has three good teams that all have a shot and I think Kahwi puts the Raptors in the prime position. Are they good enough to beat the Warriors or Lakers? Probably bot, but getting to the Final is a big money maker and could go towards convincing Kahwi to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad