Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Ok it's Friday May 8th and it's -6 feels like -11 with the wind. :mad: No wonder we barely have Covid 19 here, if i was a virus i wouldn't come here either. :laugh:

chaos4

Mr.Scratch
Jun 1, 2013
winnipeg
Came across this. Gonna try it as soon as BBQ season starts...

Bacon Wrapped Corn-on-the-Cob

cob34.jpg

1. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat.
  2. Sprinkle each ear of corn with Cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper, and wrap each ear with 2 slices of bacon, covering the ear as completely as possible. (A big ear might need 3 pieces of bacon or more.) Wrap the ears in aluminum foil, twisting the ends tightly to seal.
  3. Place the wrapped corn on the preheated grill, and grill on high heat until the corn is hot, about 10 minutes per side. Turn the heat to Low, and grill the corn until the bacon is cooked and the corn is tender, about 45 minutes.
Is there anything bacon doesn't make better?

No, and thank you for this.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Æ isn't pronounced 'Ash'. It's an actual letter with an actual pronunciation.

Elon Musk is a regular ol' moron who for some reason has formed a cult of personality around him.

Interestingly, that letter is used in the Icelandic language. A country that would not have allowed the child to be given such a stupid name. All countries should have naming laws. Still, as bad as it is, it doesn't come close to the stupidest name choice made by parents. :facepalm: :shakehead

3-year-old Hitler can't get name on cake

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Please tell me I'm not the only one watching the WWE event right now, and thinks this "MITB event" in the WWE corporate offices is the greatest moment in the history of our sport.

Never in all my days did I expect to see wrestlers come out to their ring music and congregate in an elevator lobby.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Please tell me I'm not the only one watching the WWE event right now, and thinks this "MITB event" in the WWE corporate offices is the greatest moment in the history of our sport.

Never in all my days did I expect to see wrestlers come out to their ring music and congregate in an elevator lobby.

no, sports net has had some WrestleMania programs on and Stone Cold was interviewing the Big Show ....

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg

I enjoyed it. I have to give them credit, under the circumstances they have managed to do some original and fun stuff for the last 2 PPVs.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I enjoyed it. I have to give them credit, under the circumstances they have managed to do some original and fun stuff for the last 2 PPVs.

I mean, they're smart enough to know that the whole "studio wrestling" thing died out in the 70s for a reason. I would have to guess with how positively everyone talked about the "Boneyard" thing with Undertaker and AJ Styles that they felt emboldened to really give it their all. The ability to do little edits and add sound as needed is also a nice touch. As you said, credit to them.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
What MLB is looking at:

- July 4 season start.

• Games would be played in ballparks without fans.
• All teams would use a DH. ( My grandfather just turned over in his grave )
• Teams would play 82 game regular seasons against opponents regionally (so the Phillies would play NL East and AL East teams only).
- The playoffs would expand from 10 to 14 teams with four Wild Cards from each league.
• No All-Star Game.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
What MLB is looking at:

- July 4 season start.

• Games would be played in ballparks without fans.
• All teams would use a DH. ( My grandfather just turned over in his grave )
• Teams would play 82 game regular seasons against opponents regionally (so the Phillies would play NL East and AL East teams only).
- The playoffs would expand from 10 to 14 teams with four Wild Cards from each league.
• No All-Star Game.

No all star game?!!! Outrageous! Baseball is the one sport where an all star game makes sense.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011

I'm not sure it beats the Boneyard or the Funhouse stuff from Mania but it's close.

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
The Snowbirds were cool to see yesterday , although they flew by just as i was hitting my first tee shot , that's my story and i'm sticking to it . :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad