Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I haven’t played St. B in a few years.
The greens are really fast and tricky and it’s a beautiful and mature course.
Love that hole near the end 16? where you tee off through the narrow shoot of trees to a severe sloping fairway right to leff very fun hole.
That's 17 a par 5 beauty hole , St.B isn't long but pretty narrow and 3 out of the 4 par 3's are long , i like the course and it's not too bad expense wise . St. B is turning 100 years old soon . :amazed:

Reactions: Eyeseeing

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Hello all,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but we have a former Winnipegger (born and raised in St. B and a U of M grad) who just won the Nobel prize in Physics for his work on Cosmology - which essentially boils down to his discovery of dark matter - a theoretical proof, which like relativity, refuses to go away with the advent of new measurements and hard evidence.

Pretty cool. :nod:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/nobel-prize-physics-1.5312955

Last edited:

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
Boring night sports wise

Watched AEW wrestling and I tell you, they provided a great product

they’re the real deal ......

Just ask our resident “Dream” from Chicago.. he was on the same thread that I was on tonight

Last edited:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Boring night sports wise

Watched AEW wrestling and I tell you, they provided a great product

they’re the real deal ......

Just ask our resident “Dream” from Chicago.. he was on the same thread that I was on tonight

Oh I forgot to watch it last night. Definitely good matches and talent. I think they need to work on their promos a bit but it sure is a refreshing change from the same regurgitated WWE crap. I get the feeling we will see a few major defections over the next months, Randy Orton has been hinting at it. Ones I'd like to see over there eventually are Shinsuke Nakamura, Elias, AJ Styles and Braun Strowman. They need a true monster and Braun is just being badly misused by WWE. How he hasn't had a major singles belt yet is beyond me.

Reactions: SUX2BU

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Oh I forgot to watch it last night. Definitely good matches and talent. I think they need to work on their promos a bit but it sure is a refreshing change from the same regurgitated WWE crap. I get the feeling we will see a few major defections over the next months, Randy Orton has been hinting at it. Ones I'd like to see over there eventually are Shinsuke Nakamura, Elias, AJ Styles and Braun Strowman. They need a true monster and Braun is just being badly misused by WWE. How he hasn't had a major singles belt yet is beyond me.

Orton heading over would be huge.

AEW needs to stay smart, play their own game and try not to compete with WWE, for now.

I can’t see another Monday Night Wars come from this, and I don’t think WWE is threatened in anyway, but AEW can become a very solid B show, at least, IMO.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
If you like sports and lets face it everyone who matters likes sports this is your time of the year, Hockey, CFL Football, NFL Football, Baseball playoffs, MLS playoffs, College Football.

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
If you like sports and lets face it everyone who matters likes sports this is your time of the year, Hockey, CFL Football, NFL Football, Baseball playoffs, MLS playoffs, College Football.

Basketball, darts, Australian rules football, curling, golf

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well it’s a 90 km drive but it’s low key.
I’m a duffer 95-105 so it’s a good place for recreational golfing.
Maybe one day our paths will cross on the course.
A good friend of mine is a member at Niakawa so I get spoiled once in a while.

I was a member there for about 5 seasons. I used the range quite a bit for 2 of the first three seasons to attempt to rebuild my game. I didn’t golf once in the last two years So I shut it down. I averaged a round a year over the life of the membership lol.

I would be fine to never golf again in my life but I get dragged into it socially once in a while. I was tortured with a dad who loved golf and all my friends seemed to like it too. I use to like the walking and socializing but the club ball thing gets really boring for me 90% of the time. Once in a while I don’t mind it.

I really wish I liked it because it would be a great activity to do regularly with a group of people but when the base activity bores you it’s less fun. Last season I joined a hilarious buddy At Glendale for two rounds and it was great because he was ok with me playing every second or 3rd hole. Usually that pisses off people I play with and they find the approach to odd (which it is) so I just bow out. It’s hard to say to people listen I am good for nine at best before I need a nap so I’ll just show up when you are half done.
If the game would have been based around 6 or 7 holes and 60-90 minutes max I think I might have been in but my drunken Scottish ancestors needed to creat an activity to escape their wives for the entire day and now we were stuck with the mind numbing 18 hole bullshit.

Last edited:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I was a member there for about 5 seasons. I used the range quite a bit for 2 of the first three seasons to attempt to rebuild my game. I didn’t golf once in the last two years So I shut it down. I averaged a round a year over the life of the membership lol.

I would be fine to never golf again in my life but I get dragged into it socially once in a while. I was tortured with a dad who loved golf and all my friends seemed to like it too. I use to like the walking and socializing but the club ball thing gets really boring for me 90% of the time. Once in a while I don’t mind it.

I really wish I liked it because it would be a great activity to do regularly with a group of people but when the base activity bores you it’s less fun. Last season I joined a hilarious buddy At Glendale for two rounds and it was great because he was ok with me playing every second or 3rd hole. Usually that pisses off people I play with and they find the approach to odd (which it is) so I just bow out. It’s hard to say to people listen I am good for nine at best before I need a nap so I’ll just show up when you are half done.
If the game would have been based around 6 or 7 holes and 60-90 minutes max I think I might have been in but my drunken Scottish ancestors needed to creat an activity to escape their wives for the entire day and now we were stuck with the mined numbing 18 hole bull****.
I think you just have to play with the right guys or girls , people that don't take it too seriously . It also depends on what club you are at too , some clubs are a bit stuffy and that can get old real fast , too clicky . Or you just don't like the game of golf . :laugh: If you just like walking around and looking at nature you can come be my caddy . :laugh:

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
I’m 58
My buddy Ian is 69
We just enjoy each other’s company and the walk .
We both shoot 95-105 but are not anal or serious.
It’s great just to get the fresh air and exercise.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I’m 58
My buddy Ian is 69
We just enjoy each other’s company and the walk .
We both shoot 95-105 but are not anal or serious.
It’s great just to get the fresh air and exercise.
I'm in between serious and having some good laughs , most of our group is the same way which makes it fun . I've played with totally serious guys , like they are on the PGA tour and it's not fun . Don't breath when they are hitting , don't move when they are putting , and definitely don't laugh when they hit a bad shot . I laugh at myself sometimes when i hit bad shots .:laugh:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I love golf, at the risk of sounding immodest, I'm unnaturally good at it. When I was young I played all the time, had a Jr membership at St. B and kept up playing pretty regularly until the time I had kids, then time became an issue. Now that my son is older he has gained an interest and has dragged me back out, I love playing with him and teaching him how to play. I'll never understand why people who play recreational golf (which lets face it, is all of us), take the game so seriously. Nothing wrong with wanting to challenge yourself but at the end of the day, who cares? So many people lose perspective and let it spoil what is so awesome about golf, being outside in beautiful surroundings with friends or family.

I could give a f*** what I shoot, I'm cutting every dogleg, I'm never laying up, never chipping out sideways and I'll hit a massive flop shot over a bunker to a pin cut 6 feet on the other side, every time...……...if I miss, I miss, who gives a shit, life's too short.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I love golf, at the risk of sounding immodest, I'm unnaturally good at it. When I was young I played all the time, had a Jr membership at St. B and kept up playing pretty regularly until the time I had kids, then time became an issue. Now that my son is older he has gained an interest and has dragged me back out, I love playing with him and teaching him how to play. I'll never understand why people who play recreational golf (which lets face it, is all of us), take the game so seriously. Nothing wrong with wanting to challenge yourself but at the end of the day, who cares? So many people lose perspective and let it spoil what is so awesome about golf, being outside in beautiful surroundings with friends or family.

I could give a **** what I shoot, I'm cutting every dogleg, I'm never laying up, never chipping out sideways and I'll hit a massive flop shot over a bunker to a pin cut 6 feet on the other side, every time...……...if I miss, I miss, who gives a ****, life's too short.
You should come out to St.B with us next year , you would probably have fun . :golfnana:Plus you might meet a Jet or 2 , not this season but the one before , Ehlers , Tanev , Roslovic and Dano came and golfed after losing to Vegas . We were sitting on the patio and i spotted Ehlers and we all thanked them for a great year although Ehlers lied to me when he said next year we are going all the way , bastard .:laugh:

Reactions: Ducky10

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
You should come out to St.B with us next year , you would probably have fun . :golfnana:Plus you might meet a Jet or 2 , not this season but the one before , Ehlers , Tanev , Roslovic and Dano came and golfed after losing to Vegas . We were sitting on the patio and i spotted Ehlers and we all thanked them for a great year although Ehlers lied to me when he said next year we are going all the way , bastard .:laugh:
Yeah, I'm always game. The only time I don't have fun playing golf is when I'm with people who take their games way to seriously...…….especially when it's clear they really shouldn't :nod:.

Played a lot a rounds on that track but it's been years.

Reactions: Jets 31

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Game 7 of the World Series tonight!
Surprisingly little mention in the media, I almost forgot it was on

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
At least the Raptors are back now. Siakam is looking like a superstar. Lots of talk they'll be in the running for Giannis in 2021. League's best exec, a quality head coach... quite the contrast following the Jets.

Ducky10

Nov 14, 2014
God damn I love baseball!!

Awesome series!

Real happy for Dave Martinez, coming full circle winning with the Nats and being a former Expo.

Reactions: Gm0ney
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad