Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
It's missing the pink leotard under the "bathing suit", but pretty cool to see the head piece!

I'm good with it as is.

Screen_Shot_2020_02_02_at_9.44.29_PM.png

Looks like they will be mirroring old sitcoms.

xubdUFrIKfo.jpg

C0QUT2mBCng.jpg

Reactions: Afterburner

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I'm good with it as is.

Screen_Shot_2020_02_02_at_9.44.29_PM.png

Looks like they will be mirroring old sitcoms.

xubdUFrIKfo.jpg

C0QUT2mBCng.jpg

Those two cribs HAVE to be their twins William and Tommy that Wanda "created", lost and then tried creating again with her reality altering powers in the books. Which eventually led to the mental breakdown/villain character arc for Scarlet Witch, which eventually led to "no more mutants" from the House of M crossover. It would be a neat twist if the opposite of that happened, and it led to "all the mutants" and poof, we got X-Men in the MCU .

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
To those who have wondered why I've lurked, but haven't posted much over the last year or so, was because I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer of an unknown primary (most likely originating in my kidney, but tests were inconclusive) 15 months ago, and a year ago this week my prognosis was given as 4 - 6 months due to the cancer having spread to my lymphatic system. I was given the choices of a clinical trial, radical chemotherapy, or immunotherapy. My team at CancerCare MB recommended the immunotherapy on the basis that it would provide another 6-12 months of a reasonable existence, and I likely didn't have enough time left for a clinical trial, and the chemotherapy would be as bad as the disease.

I chose to listen, and underwent immunotherapy, which works by unmasking cancer cells so that the immune system treats them like other invasive organisms. I had five cycles of 3 treatments each, plus radiation to treat the topical tumours that had sprouted all over my abdomen and neck. For whatever reason, I reacted in a very atypical form to both the radiation and immunotherapy, with all the topical tumours eliminated and internal masses and lesions reduced to only a few. I'm now being used as a case study due to my extremely positive outcome. The fight is not yet over, but according to my team, they're still treating me to cure me, not just extend my life. To that measure, I've been prescribed chemotherapy now, so I have three treatments remaining until my next CT Scan in April, when hopefully I get the results we're hoping for.

That's the GOOD news.

My wife went to HSC emergency on September 30th because she fainted at work getting out of her car, and was shortly diagnosed with non-Hodgkins lymphoma. She underwent a 7.5 hour surgery to remove 25 pounds of tumours, and several other procedures over the next 4 months at HSC. She was there this entire time, excepting the 10 days she was at home from Christmas Eve until January 4th, and passed away this Monday at Saint Boniface Palliative Care from complications including pneumocystis, pneumonia and a brain tumour. She was only 54. This has been the worst year ever.

We were together for 38 years, and married for 35 - my best friend in the entire world.

Cancer sucks.

Holy Mary mother of Christ, I'm so sorry. You'll always have a loving home here and any time you need an ear to listen to you or a shoulder to lean on, I've got one and I have a strong suspicion that goes for all of us.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I’m sorry I’m such an ass to you....

You know how pro athletes will beat the living shit out of each other, but when someone is actually hurt, they fall silent and often even pray for the other player? I always figure disagreements on here are like that. I'll speak for myself at any rate.

Reactions: Ducky10

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
On a scale of 1-10, how much does this version of the classic folk song "Clementine" sound like it's being sung by Owl City?

Also, just going to reiterate: size nine shoes yet "light she was, and like a fairy", it just don't compute :P

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Pet peeve: People who talk on their cell using their. speaker phone in public......for prolonged conversations. Grrrr

Reactions: Jets 31

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Pet peeve: People who talk on their cell using their. speaker phone in public......for prolonged conversations. Grrrr
Even better when they do it on an aircraft immediately after landing.

My current pet peeve is Winnipeg drivers who feel that somehow the white line separating lanes is part of their lane so they use it freely.

Reactions: Jets 31

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
:laugh:
I know. But I’ve never had a current jets goalie. Have had Pokey, Cheveldae, Khabby, Essensa, Beauregard, Tabbaracci so far.
But I had to mix it up! Tough choice was between the white or dark heritage jets jersey!

Good choice!!

Easily our top player this season.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Even better when they do it on an aircraft immediately after landing.

My current pet peeve is Winnipeg drivers who feel that somehow the white line separating lanes is part of their lane so they use it freely.
Or doing 20kmh under the speed limit holding up traffic because they NEVER use a rear mirror . That and braking at hallucinations . :help:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Here's the thing, when some nimrod rushes up the aisle after the plane has landed, before everyone in front of him has exited......IT THROWS THE WHOLE PROCESS OFF!!!

We all want off, but wait your damn turn, alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->