Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
They say there's nothing worse than a reformed... anything. And now that I've made the commitment to mask wearing in public, I'm getting annoyed by people who haven't got with the program yet. And I was especially annoyed this evening in Sobey's by a pair of open-faced dickwiches bracketing me as I bagged my groceries, both within my 2 meter safe space. He's standing a cart length from me in the checkout line and she's standing a couple of feet away from me, both yapping at each other, spewing their possible contagion into my breathing zone. f***ing idiots! :mad:

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
They say there's nothing worse than a reformed... anything. And now that I've made the commitment to mask wearing in public, I'm getting annoyed by people who haven't got with the program yet.

It is funny how quickly the switch flips. I was the same way holding out wearing a mask. But I did always make sure I was distancing. Now that I'm wearing one I really notice the folks that are not.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
FWIW I heard The FDA just approved a 15 minute test (which can be administered at a pharmacy like CVS) to test for Covid. The cost will be $5.00. Results are sent immediately to your phone's free app in a QR Code. The code will be read by readers at points of entry like airplanes, office buildings, restaurants, stadiums, etc.
Abbott Labs receives FDA Emergency Use Authorization for 15-minute COVID-19 Antigen test.

I will continue to monitor the news and I will delete Or modify my message if the source I trust is wrong.

There are way to many false results with this test for it to be used in Canada.

Reactions: ps241

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
People wearing a mask when driving and no one else in the car is just goofy.
Walked into a pharmasave in Keremeos earlier in the summer. The cashier was behind a massive plexiglass wall, wearing a face mask and a full face shield. Seemed a bit of overkill.

Reactions: Jets 31

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
It is funny how quickly the switch flips. I was the same way holding out wearing a mask. But I did always make sure I was distancing. Now that I'm wearing one I really notice the folks that are not.

If anyone wants evidence that masks work look at the covid cases in Prairie Mountain Health after masks became mandatory.
The graph from mandate to seeing a drop in cases curved out as expected.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Amazing Manitoba weather outside today!!

Hing out at friends pool and had a few drinks and allot of laughs.

Reactions: Gm0ney and Jets 31

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
As much as I've sent a lot of beefs his way in the past, I will now send a bouquet to Blake Wheeler for his call to the Premier to make mask use mandatory.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/mani...ba-premier-brian-pallister-covid-19-1.5731746

It shouldn't be up to businesses to make this call. Many could be fearful of losing long time customers if they require masks and their competitors don't. The risk of being near covid infected people in public places is increasing, and we also have to be mindful of the approaching cold and flu season. Masks can greatly reduce the spread of all viruses and keep people healthy and contributing to their workplaces.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
There are way to many false results with this test for it to be used in Canada.
Its actually for that reason that the test is an improvement over the RT PCR test. The RT PCT test is TOO sensitive, and can detect viral particles for 6 weeks post infectious period. Its why re-testing is no longer recommended to make sure a person is "recovered". Here in MB it is 10 days beyond the onset of symptoms.

It may seem counternintuitive, but watch this video for a better explanation. A positive would be equivalent to about 30 cycle tehesholds of a RT PCR test which is more than sensitive enough to detect an individual with a viral load high enough to be infectious (a study was done here in MB in May that found that anything over 24 cycles is post-infection).

NYT also did a piece on this a few weeks ago (sorry, paywall):
Your Coronavirus Test Is Positive. Maybe It Shouldn’t Be.

I wish people had a better understanding of the testing that is being done and how a positive result doesn't necessarily mean an infectious case. Here in MB we do a bit better job because we only test symptomatic people (likely to have a high viral load and thus a lower cycle on their positiventest) or someone with direct contact. That said, I've asked both the govt of MB and the labs what they are using for cycle thresholds on positive tests and only heard crickets

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
And it's evening amazinger out there today! I sure know how to pick a date to close the pool... :shakehead
Don't know how long you've had a pool but I'm almost to 25 years. There isn't a year when I don't close it "too soon" based on a good day coming along. The cost to heat it in the interim between really good days just isn't worth it to me. FWIW mine was closed today (of course) and it's by far the latest I've ever closed it.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Don't know how long you've had a pool but I'm almost to 25 years. There isn't a year when I don't close it "too soon" based on a good day coming along. The cost to heat it in the interim between really good days just isn't worth it to me. FWIW mine was closed today (of course) and it's by far the latest I've ever closed it.
Yeah we've had a pool for about 10 years. I can probably count on one had the number of times someone has been in swimming after Labour Day. I ran the heat a bit in August when the nights started cooling off, but once the daytime highs started falling to < 20C I turned off the heater.

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Cases kind of out of control in many parts of France... so they add more alert levels to the map rather than real restrictions. Back to school (work) has been interesting to say the least.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Darth Vader is.... WHAT?!!! Holy f***, man. Little soon to be letting that spoiler out, doncha think?

tenor.gif

;)

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Read it and weep, all you 20-something, ohmagawd I gotta partee morons. Mandatory masks, limits on social gathering size. It's because of your demographic that this is happening and I hope you all feel the pain. Same for all the bar and restaurant owners who turned a blind eye to social distancing infractions. I hope you get shut down, I hope you lose your operating licences, hell I hope you lose your businesses. And if you think I have any sympathies for your employees who might be out of work because of it? You got another think coming. These are people who knew this was wrong and went along with it. It's like German soldiers in WWII who said, ve vere only following orders. f*** that. AFAIC, there should be a question on any CERB or whatever financial relief form to the effect... did your job disappear because of covid protocol violations? If yes, sorry no benefits for you.

:soap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad