Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Is the guy from Stranger Things Captain Russia?

Character is called Red Guardian (not to be confused with our very own Guardian/Vindicator!) and yes he is in Stranger Things

Like LucianoBorsato said, in the Marvel Comics Universe, Red Guardian is the leader of the Russian super team the Winter Guard.

latest

Guardian is the leader of the Canadian super team Alpha Flight in the Marvel Comics Universe.

22_4d04.jpg

Now that Disney purchased Fox, these characters can now be added to the Marvel Films universe.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Nope, but I got Boston Pizza in Parksville to switch their TV's to the Jets game last week, and within 10 seconds Ehlers scored! :D Guess I should go there more often.
I didn't even know they had a BP there, pretty big city of them!
If you are into hiking try the hikes in Strathcona from Mt Washington. Pretty amazing, but I would wait for the snow to melt.

Reactions: FonRiesen

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Like LucianoBorsato said, in the Marvel Comics Universe, Red Guardian is the leader of the Russian super team the Winter Guard.

latest

Guardian is the leader of the Canadian super team Alpha Flight in the Marvel Comics Universe.

22_4d04.jpg

Now that Disney purchased Fox, these characters can now be added to the Marvel Films universe.

Cast Peter Dinklage as Puck, 'nuff said

Reactions: Guardian17

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
I didn't even know they had a BP there, pretty big city of them!
If you are into hiking try the hikes in Strathcona from Mt Washington. Pretty amazing, but I would wait for the snow to melt.
Yeah, we enjoy hiking and geocaching with our kids. Mt Washington is on our to-do list, along with the Tofino area. I'll add Strathcona: Forbidden Plateau sounds interesting. I can see Mt Arrowsmith from our backyard, so I'd love to find some trails up there sometime, too. I'm really enjoying the area. :)

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Just watched the trailer for the new James Bond movie , ooooo looks really good . :nod:

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Yeah, we enjoy hiking and geocaching with our kids. Mt Washington is on our to-do list, along with the Tofino area. I'll add Strathcona: Forbidden Plateau sounds interesting. I can see Mt Arrowsmith from our backyard, so I'd love to find some trails up there sometime, too. I'm really enjoying the area. :)
Forbidden Plateau is fantastic. Bring a tent and hike in to camp. Pretty amazing country. Took my son when he was 10.
For a crosscountry bike ride or hike try Seal Bay park. The place is lousy with trails.

Reactions: FonRiesen

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
-40 with the windchill right now , unreal . And if anyone follows golf , Patrick Reed you big cheater . :help:

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
-40 with the windchill right now , unreal . And if anyone follows golf , Patrick Reed you big cheater . :help:

Meh, if you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough to win. :nod: I mean, every time a hockey or football or whatever player gets called for a penalty, they're technically cheating. They broke a rule that they were aware of, they got caught, a black mark of shame goes permanently on their record. So what makes golf so sacred that cheating is viewed with such disdain that they even allow couch potatoes watching at home to call in perceived rules violations? Let's bring golf in line with real sports. More cheating! :thumbu:

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Meh, if you're not cheating, you're not trying hard enough to win. :nod: I mean, every time a hockey or football or whatever player gets called for a penalty, they're technically cheating. They broke a rule that they were aware of, they got caught, a black mark of shame goes permanently on their record. So what makes golf so sacred that cheating is viewed with such disdain that they even allow couch potatoes watching at home to call in perceived rules violations? Let's bring golf in line with real sports. More cheating! :thumbu:
Alot of what you say is true but it's a golf etiquette thing , you just aren't supposed to cheat , golf honor and all that . Plus Reed has said multiple times he's the best golfer in the world , if he was he wouldn't have to cheat . ;)

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
A Marvel / DC Crossover teased in Doomsday Clock #12.

"Secret Crisis" which will see Superman fight Thor and The Hulk sacrifice himself to protect the Man of Steel from some mysterious invaders. In other words, it looks like a Marvel vs. DC crossover could be in the works for a decade from now!

DOOMSDAY CLOCK #12 Changes The DC Universe, Teases A Marvel Crossover, And Drops A Shocking Ending

2pdPP2Ch_o.png

Oh hell, why not add the Tick, the Incredibles and Cerebus the Aardvark into this make it up as we go multiverse mash-up and have them all battling the Walking Dead? :laugh:

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
A Marvel / DC Crossover teased in Doomsday Clock #12.

"Secret Crisis" which will see Superman fight Thor and The Hulk sacrifice himself to protect the Man of Steel from some mysterious invaders. In other words, it looks like a Marvel vs. DC crossover could be in the works for a decade from now!

DOOMSDAY CLOCK #12 Changes The DC Universe, Teases A Marvel Crossover, And Drops A Shocking Ending

2pdPP2Ch_o.png

I enjoyed the Marvel vs DC crossover they did in the 90s that resulted in those Amalgam comics one shots (Batman combined with Wolverine etc).

Reactions: Guardian17

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
About to start watching new Star Wars movie, excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad