Jets Lounge 2: Dark Helmet is Lone Starr's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate

Status
Not open for further replies.

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
If you haven't already, you have to listen to the recent Spittin' Chicklets podcast featuring former Jet Tim Stapleton. That might be one of the funniest episodes I have heard yet on there. Stapleton is hilarious! Some great stories from over in the KHL.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
Hey, any Jets fans around in the Nanaimo - Comox area of BC? I recently moved there, 2500 km away from MB to a more moderate climate; running my own business now.

One benefit is no more late games. It also doesn't seem to be 'enemy territory' - different division, and on the island most people seem to be from the rest of Canada.

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Hey, any Jets fans around in the Nanaimo - Comox area of BC? I recently moved there, 2500 km away from MB to a more moderate climate; running my own business now.

One benefit is no more late games. It also doesn't seem to be 'enemy territory' - different division, and on the island most people seem to be from the rest of Canada.

I was thinking of moving there when I'm ready to retire.

FonRiesen

Sep 28, 2017
Vancouver Island
I was thinking of moving there when I'm ready to retire.
I talked to a local contractor today about sports. Apparently it's all good as long as non-Vancouver fans cheer against Toronto. :laugh:

He's rooting for the Bombers to win the Grey Cup this year (another West vs East sentiment).

My family does a lot of hiking and geocaching, so it's a nice place for that. 3 provincial parks within 15 minutes of my house - a mountain, old growth forest, and beach. Lots of cool regional parks, too.

My kids miss skating, though - we had a large pond just outside our back door in MB, and they would play pond hockey about 5 days/week in winter... :(

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Jose Mourinho back in the EPL, might not help Tottenham but the league will be more colourful.

As an Arsenal fan, I approve. Guess Spurs didn’t learn from his failure with United.

Old and overrated manager is a perfect fit for that old and overrated squad.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Outside Looking In
As an Arsenal fan, I approve. Guess Spurs didn’t learn from his failure with United.

Old and overrated manager is a perfect fit for that old and overrated squad.

As a United fan he did what he has done his whole career, by the end I couldn't wait he him to shown the door, but then the team had a lot more problems then just the manager......................still do.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Did anyone see that awful video of those losers stealing liquor yesterday ? 15 year old kid eventually got caught but the other 2 were at large . A female worker got punched in the face and the security guard actually ran and hid in a room while not even letting in another female worker in the room with him . Like are you kidding me , that security guard better get fired . What a weasel , you have female workers getting punched and you hide in a f***ing room , and your security ? Just very sad . :mad:

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
I am ****ing killing my workouts this week! **** yeh!!!!

As am I. :nod:

giphy.gif

Reactions: Duke749

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Well, not having seen the movie and am unlikely to do so till it comes on TV and I'm bored and desperate for something to watch, this scene means nothing to me. So, is this important somehow? Does it explain things that had people going WTF when they watched the released version? :huh:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Well, not having seen the movie and am unlikely to do so till it comes on TV and I'm bored and desperate for something to watch, this scene means nothing to me. So, is this important somehow? Does it explain things that had people going WTF when they watched the released version? :huh:

It's just a deleted scene and would not have made any impact on your enjoyment of the movie.

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Union2017

Welcome to Ottawa, Michael Andlauer.
Feb 23, 2018
Ottawa
For all Canadian music fans, there is a new band (duo to be more precise, a female vocalist and a guy who plays and writes their music) from Ottawa area. They sound really good, they are on Spotify, iTunes and Youtube. Take a listen and share if you like them. I love supporting local artists and these two sound legit. Young and talented kids looking for a break.

Here is their youtube page with some songs: Rose Blood

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
For all Canadian music fans, there is a new band (duo to be more precise, a female vocalist and a guy who plays and writes their music) from Ottawa area. They sound really good, they are on Spotify, iTunes and Youtube. Take a listen and share if you like them. I love supporting local artists and these two sound legit. Young and talented kids looking for a break.

Here is their youtube page with some songs: Rose Blood

Hmmm, must be an Ottawa thing to use an existing single-word name but turn it into a two-word name. :sarcasm:

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna

Not anymore. Moved back to the lower mainland from Courtenay. Have you been to White Sails yet? Pretty decent beer.

Reactions: FonRiesen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->