Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

White Out 403*

Maybe you blinked and didn't see that Subban shot. No goalie is saving that..

Lol. Honestly how embarrassing can a post get. Are you subbans grandfather? He shot a puck with no traffic from the blue line:he didn't open up a worm hole and score with a weapon of science.

What's next? Describing the shot as being so vicious it ripped a hole in the space time continuum?

This loss isn't on Pavs but he was the second best goaltender on the ice again.

PricePkPatch*

This is wonderful :handclap:

This is not from me, but from someone in my board. I agree it's great. Here's another one, that has been better shopped.. Maybe you will find it more to your taste :naughty:

fs1sm.jpg

Btw; really envious of your Trouba guy. You have a keeper with him; just be patient with him. There will be growing pains as he develops his defensive game and learn to be more opportune in his rushes..

Just ask any Habs fan; they know about energetic defensemen's growing pains :laugh:

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
Deserves to sit or should get demoted a line or two!

PS good luck trading him with his bloated contract

This statement is so true. Wheeler and Little are Jets until their contracts expires. We totally over paid for them, but in some ways needed to.

Same can be said for the contract we gave Ladd.

The way Trouba is playing and the ice time he's seeing, I could see either Buff or Enstrom being dealt, but not until closer to deadline. As for other moves, I don't expect Chevy to do a thing except maybe bring in a waiver pickup for our 3rd/4th line which won't change the chemistry of this team in any way.

This loss was not on Pavelec. Montreal simply has talent that we aren't even close at matching. Expect more of the same against St. Louis, and expect a decent game against Nashville.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Lol. Honestly how embarrassing can a post get. Are you subbans grandfather? He shot a puck with no traffic from the blue line:he didn't open up a worm hole and score with a weapon of science.

What's next? Describing the shot as being so vicious it ripped a hole in the space time continuum?

This loss isn't on Pavs but he was the second best goaltender on the ice again.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Yeah, ok...

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
This statement is so true. Wheeler and Little are Jets until their contracts expires. We totally over paid for them, but in some ways needed to.

The way Trouba is playing and the ice time he's seeing, I could see either Buff or Enstrom being dealt, but not until closer to deadline. As for other moves, I don't expect Chevy to do a thing except maybe bring in a waiver pickup for our 3rd/4th line which won't change the chemistry of this team in any way.

This loss was not on Pavelec. Montreal simply has talent that we aren't even close at matching. Expect more of the same against St. Louis, and expect a decent game against Nashville.

Don't see a problem in that. Ladd isn't totally useless when he's not scoring. So how is it relevant exactly??? :help:

Really? So you want a 6th defenseman in Stuart playing top 4 minutes or a benched Clitesome?? :help:

flyingjay

Jun 25, 2012
Winnipeg
Many positives to take away from this game.

Finally had a very good game from Stuart! Looked like he was head-hunting most of the night...the Habs seemed nervous when they hit the blueline on the PP. At least a few times I saw their forwards pull up as he was protecting the blue line. Easily his best game of the season.

Scheif looked good. He still goes down the second anyone touches him...but is very creative with the puck.

If Laddy could've been a bit less snake-bitten this game, we could've had a real chance of getting it to OT. We needed a finish on his breakaway and a couple of his other chances. Puck was bouncing and we didn't get the breaks.

We're not gonna run into a red-hot goalie every night. If we can play with that same zip and stay relatively healthy, I like our chances. It's a long season.

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg

First post and likely last post of the PGT, but is this serious?

This is horrible.
Just a brutal post.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Thankfully I didn't get to see the first period, but we dominated the 2nd and 3rd IMO.

I thought we looked good except for the fact that we kept shooting from the perimeter. However, once again we see a goaltender (Price) who doesn't give up many second chances. He gobbled up almost everything, and what he couldn't gobble up on the glove side, was directed out of harms way very nicely.

I'm not blaming Pavs for this loss, but like someone else said, he was the 2nd best goaltender out there...again.

There's something deeper going on in this whole Pavelec scenario and I can't figure it out. He's amazingly agile and quick, makes highlight reel after highlight reel saves, yet consistently ranks in the bottom of the league for starting goaltenders in save %.

Is it his rebound control that allows momentum to build for the opposing team in our end?

Is it his positional play and over-reactions?

Is he overplayed?

Again, he played ok today. Just OK. Like usual.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Thankfully I didn't get to see the first period, but we dominated the 2nd and 3rd IMO.

I thought we looked good except for the fact that we kept shooting from the perimeter. However, once again we see a goaltender (Price) who doesn't give up many second chances. He gobbled up almost everything, and what he couldn't gobble up on the glove side, was directed out of harms way very nicely.

I'm not blaming Pavs for this loss, but like someone else said, he was the 2nd best goaltender out there...again.

There's something deeper going on in this whole Pavelec scenario and I can't figure it out. He's amazingly agile and quick, makes highlight reel after highlight reel saves, yet consistently ranks in the bottom of the league for starting goaltenders in save %.

Is it his rebound control that allows momentum to build for the opposing team in our end?

Is it his positional play and over-reactions?

Is he overplayed?

Again, he played ok today. Just OK. Like usual.

You are blaming Pavs. Saying you're not, and then making the statements you made is blaming him. If you didn't see the 1st, how can you even make any kind of judgment on that?? :help: Not exactly logical.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I'm not even upset by this loss. If not for a hot glove and the first 10 minutes of the game, the Jets would have won. They need to learn to make Price move laterally, get traffic to the net, and make him work for his saves. Price had it too easy this game.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Strange game. First 10 minutes were awful, but after that I thought the Jets created lots of offense in transition. They did a good job starting the rush off blocked shots and catching Montreal's centres down low. Problem was that any odd man rush turned into a mess of over passing or shots sailing high and wide. Couple of bad bounces in front of goal, and Price of course played excellent.

Anyone want to invest in a cattle prod for Blake Wheeler? Maybe steal his lunch money and piss him off? He hasn't looked this bad since the opening month of the 2011-12 season. Isn't moving his feet (and as a result took a lazy hooking penalty in the first), isn't engaging physically, isn't going to the hard areas at all. He's a total passenger out there.

Refs were awful. Most of the penalties against the Jets were legitimate, but all kinds of missed calls on the Habs. Scheifele was getting absolutely mauled on his chip-and-go plays, a little consistency on those interference calls would be nice.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Funny thing is, once the team settled in, Pavs, like Monty against NJ, wasn't tested as much and but was good when he needed to be. Made some good and big saves to give us a chance in the 2nd and 3rd. Funny how both goalies look better when the team doesn't look like ****.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Strange game. First 10 minutes were awful, but after that I thought the Jets created lots of offense in transition. They did a good job starting the rush off blocked shots and catching Montreal's centres down low. Problem was that any odd man rush turned into a mess of over passing or shots sailing high and wide. Couple of bad bounces in front of goal, and Price of course played excellent.

Anyone want to invest in a cattle prod for Blake Wheeler? Maybe steal his lunch money and piss him off? He hasn't looked this bad since the opening month of the 2011-12 season. Isn't moving his feet (and as a result took a lazy hooking penalty in the first), isn't engaging physically, isn't going to the hard areas at all. He's a total passenger out there.

Refs were awful. Most of the penalties against the Jets were legitimate, but all kinds of missed calls on the Habs. Scheifele was getting absolutely mauled on his chip-and-go plays, a little consistency on those interference calls would be nice.

Passenger sums him up pretty good right now.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
This is not from me, but from someone in my board. I agree it's great. Here's another one, that has been better shopped.. Maybe you will find it more to your taste :naughty:

fs1sm.jpg

Btw; really envious of your Trouba guy. You have a keeper with him; just be patient with him. There will be growing pains as he develops his defensive game and learn to be more opportune in his rushes..

Just ask any Habs fan; they know about energetic defensemen's growing pains :laugh:

51b756442c73c45295.jpg

This might be better if you could photoshop the jets falling into the black abyss

Last edited:

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
I'm not even upset by this loss. If not for a hot glove and the first 10 minutes of the game, the Jets would have won. They need to learn to make Price move laterally, get traffic to the net, and make him work for his saves. Price had it too easy this game.

It was almost like a deja vu of those games vs. the Capitals when the Jets couldn't get a thing past Holtby. If a goalie is set and can see the shot all the way through, 95% of the time he's going to make the save.

Price did make a few great saves, but there were so many easy shots that he could've saved in his sleep.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
You are blaming Pavs. Saying you're not, and then making the statements you made is blaming him. If you didn't see the 1st, how can you even make any kind of judgment on that?? :help: Not exactly logical.

Tuna, there's these things called highlights. Anyone can watch them.

He wasn't exactly peppered with 40 shots. Do you refuse to admit he was the 2nd best goalie tonight?

That's the problem I see. He's more often than not the 2nd best goalie in the game. We don't go anywhere with that and I think it needs to be addressed.

R3DDRAG0N

Beaver Mafia
Aug 25, 2013
Winnipeg
It was almost like a deja vu of those games vs. the Capitals when the Jets couldn't get a thing past Holtby. If a goalie is set and can see the shot all the way through, 95% of the time he's going to make the save.

Price did make a few great saves, but there were so many easy shots that he could've saved in his sleep.

No one on the jets seems overly interested in standing in front to create screens, that was the only way price was letting any in tonight. Nevermind tonight but ever...we lack sandpaper on this team...Kane is to much of a finesse guy to do it..pavs can't be the made to be the scapegoat for tonight's loss...

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
No one on the jets seems overly interested in standing in front to create screens, that was the only way price was letting any in tonight. Nevermind tonight but ever...we lack sandpaper on this team...Kane is to much of a finesse guy to do it..pavs can't be the made to be the scapegoat for tonight's loss...

Agree, we need a **** disturber or two that are willing to fight it out in front of the net. especially with our love of shooting from the point.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Passenger sums him up pretty good right now.

Thing is, I don't expect Wheeler to be a physical force. That's not his game. When he is on his game though, he does bring a power forward element. He'll drive to the net fearlessly, and also will take it to the corner or half-boards and take a solid hit to make a pass.

I don't see any of that this year, he's looked like a taller Antti Miettinen. I have no doubt he'll bust out of his slump, but I sure hope it doesn't take 20+ games like it did two seasons ago.

bazaaa*

Yep, Price with easy glove saves offf shots from the point, seeing it all the way.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Thing is, I don't expect Wheeler to be a physical force. That's not his game. When he is on his game though, he does bring a power forward element. He'll drive to the net fearlessly, and also will take it to the corner or half-boards and take a solid hit to make a pass.

I don't see any of that this year, he's looked like a taller Antti Miettinen. I have no doubt he'll bust out of his slump, but I sure hope it doesn't take 20+ games like it did two seasons ago.

God, remember those days, all that Wheeler why you not score.:shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad