Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yep, he mentions it in every interview, everyday and every post game. Dumb dumb probably just forgets to tell players to be ready before the game. if he just told them, they'd be ready.

I really don't know what to make of it anymore. Maybe they need to consider moving a core piece if this doesn't change to wake these players up. Clearly Noel is aware of it, but maybe he needs to try something different as what ever it is he's trying isn't resonating with the players.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I've seen way to many goals scored by Kovalchuk and Byfuglien to be under the impression that a goal is soft just because it's scored from the point.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
So no one is going to comment on those chincy calls on Kane, but no call on taking away Sheifeles goal with a hook to his hands? The refereeing is bad in this league.

Yeah that should have been a call too. But to be fair the hook on Scheif was kind of in a front of net scramble. Harder to pick up. Kane does it wide out in the open in a one-on-one situation with spotlights on the pairing like a figure-skating program.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
2jb5f0n.jpg

:laugh: :clap: :laugh:

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
If Dumb dumb keeps telling his players to play from the start, and they just don't do it, maybe it's time for Dumb dumb to look for a new job, since the players seems to be tuning him out?

Yep, team is quitting on him. Not responsive to anything he says. Clearly, he's lost the room. They're just playing for each other now here on game 7, somehow outplaying the last two teams badly. It's a real band of brothers thing, I get it.

Last edited:

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah that should have been a call too. But to be fair the hook on Scheif was kind of in a front of net scramble. Harder to pick up. Kane does it wide out in the open in a one-on-one situation with spotlights on the pairing like a figure-skating program.

Harder to pick up? A guy alone in front of the net with a guy hooking his hands from behind? It was a brutal peewee bad non-call, especially when you consider the calls on Kane.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I've seen way to many goals scored by Kovalchuk and Byfuglien to be under the impression that a goal is soft just because it's scored from the point.

Apparently when Buff scores with a slapper with a clean lane, it's because of his shot, but when someone else does it with a shot just as good, it's a bad goal. :facepalm:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
So no one is going to comment on those chincy calls on Kane, but no call on taking away Sheifeles goal with a hook to his hands? The refereeing is bad in this league.

That was a bad missed call, for sure: Scheifele does NOT miss on potting those type of chances (or he didn't in the OHL, so I'll assume he'd do the same here given the net was wide open). It was a sneaky good play by the Habs player in front of the net that either went unseen, or uncalled. If Kane's were called (and I thought they should have been), then this should have been called as well.

C'est la vie. Would have put a different spin on the game, being down only 1 goal and possibly building more momentum at a crucial time.

dreamingofdrouin*

What r ur guys view on kane......is he gonna be traded at some point?how can we get him lol

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I think we're due for a big trade by Chevy. It's just not happening if this keeps up.

What can Chevy do? Chevy has clearly bet his reign on this group of players. I don't see a big trade in the near future. More likely a new coach but no way will there be a "big" trade (by big I mean a trade involving any of the core players)

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Yep, team is quitting on him. Not responsive to anything he says Clearly, he's lost the room. They're just playing or each other now here on game 7, somehow outplaying the last two teams badly. It's a real band of brothers thing, I get it.

Here's a friend of mine, you can put words in his mouth if you want to, he won't mind.

strawman2.jpg

Now, back to the point I was making. The team has, 7 games in a row, looked like absolute crap in the beginning of the game. If this keeps happening, we'll have to hope that Pavs stands on his head to start every game, hope that the team can keep up the intensity and get some goals in the rest of the game, or do something about the fact that the coach can't motivate his players to play from the start of the game.

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
I wish for once, he would just walk up to the podium and say nothing, just wait for questions.
It's always...
"I thought we did some good things..."
"I thought we had some good players..."
"I thought we came out a little flat..."
"I think we played a tough game..."

Same old, same old....

I thought he was pretty negative all around. The only good things he said were when asked about Scheifele. Other than that he said there was nothing really positive to take from the game. Shot differential was not representative of the game. Few quality chances. Losing on faceoffs. Wheeler is not playing well. Not getting any momentum. Making things easy for their goaltender.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Apparently when Buff scores with a slapper with a clean lane, it's because of his shot, but when someone else does it with a shot just as good, it's a bad goal. :facepalm:

Yup. The reason why teams flat out focused on not allowing the puck to go to Kovalchuk on our PP 2 seasons in a row was because they were afraid their goalie would give up a softy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad