Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowEnd88

Feb 10, 2012
Winnipeg
Tough game to lose, but a lot of positives to take from it. Felt like we controlled the pace for the majority of the game - especially the third - with the exception of the first ten min.

Really could have been a completely different game had we not come out flat

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Agree with the posters here saying that partial blame is on coaching. Noel should have used his time out before puck drop, amirite? DERP.

Noel shouldn't need to use his time out, the team should be ready to play from the start, not starting out slow for the 7th game in a row this season.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Coach-Noel-post-game-Oct.-15-2013-300x233.jpg

Coach Noel post-game.

To listen click here.

Jets-vs.-Habs-post-game-podcast-300x200.jpg

Host Michael Remis and Analyst Richard Pollock break down the Jets play against the Canadiens.

To listen click here.

Last edited:

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I defended Pavs on this page but I have to ask, are the 2 goals he let it not soft? Did he not get outplayed by Price? Answer to both questions is yes. If Pavelec just holds the Jets in this game for their slow start we're in OT and get at least a point, maybe 2.

You're out to lunch if you think that 100+ MPH slapper was a weak goal. The only way a goalie makes that save is pure luck by randomly throwing an arm up. Otherwise, it's in and out of the net before you can see what happened.

White Out 403*

Once again
Neither was weak
Every goal is weak to you

1) Pavelec let in 2 goals in 7 shots within 10 mins of the game starting. Neither goal was a deflection or screen or terribly difficult for an NHL goaltender who's supposed to be an undisputed #1

2) Our offence couldn't score enough goals

3) Price was amazing and stoned us this game.

Fact 2 and 3 don't invalidate fact 1. You seem to operate on this assumption and it's really difficult to have a serious hockey discussion with you because of it. I'm willing to admit all 3, you seem to think that only 3 and 2 apply and #1 just fades away and is irrelevant.

It isn't friend. Not if we want to have a white out and playoff hockey.

bazaaa*

I defended Pavs on this page but I have to ask, are the 2 goals he let it not soft? Did he not get outplayed by Price? Answer to both questions is yes. If Pavelec just holds the Jets in this game for their slow start we're in OT and get at least a point, maybe 2.

I agree. If Pavs could just save every shot in every game, we'll likely be going to OT or winning the game.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Great post game insights from the coach, it's really going to help in future games.
Here's a quote " Bla blaaa blaa bla dee doo doo blaa blaaa"

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
1) Pavelec let in 2 goals in 7 shots within 10 mins of the game starting. Neither goal was a deflection or screen or terribly difficult for an NHL goaltender who's supposed to be an undisputed #1

2) Our offence couldn't score enough goals

3) Price was amazing and stoned us this game.

Fact 2 and 3 don't invalidate fact 1. You seem to operate on this assumption and it's really difficult to have a serious hockey discussion with you because of it. I'm willing to admit all 3, you seem to think that only 3 and 2 apply and #1 just fades away and is irrelevant.

It isn't friend. Not if we want to have a white out and playoff hockey.

Every goal is not a bad goal FFS. How do you not understand that??? :help: :help: :help:

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Noel shouldn't need to use his time out, the team should be ready to play from the start, not starting out slow for the 7th game in a row this season.

Yep, he mentions it in every interview, everyday and every post game. Dumb dumb probably just forgets to tell players to be ready before the game. if he just told them, they'd be ready.

pucka lucka

Apr 7, 2010
Ottawa
So no one is going to comment on those chincy calls on Kane, but no call on taking away Sheifeles goal with a hook to his hands? The refereeing is bad in this league.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Yep, he mentions it in every interview, everyday and every post game. Dumb dumb probably just forgets to tell players to be ready before the game. if he just told them, they'd be ready.

If Dumb dumb keeps telling his players to play from the start, and they just don't do it, maybe it's time for Dumb dumb to look for a new job, since the players seems to be tuning him out?

cctyler

Apr 7, 2012
Great post game insights from the coach, it's really going to help in future games.
Here's a quote " Bla blaaa blaa bla dee doo doo blaa blaaa"

I wish for once, he would just walk up to the podium and say nothing, just wait for questions.
It's always...
"I thought we did some good things..."
"I thought we had some good players..."
"I thought we came out a little flat..."
"I think we played a tough game..."

Same old, same old....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad