Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihadtochangethename

Sep 1, 2012
USA
I'll just keep stealing things from over there...

9V6w9qr.jpg

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
22/24, .917%

Goaltending didn't lose the game for us. A poor first period and inability to score lost us the game.

The Jets have scored two goals total in the last three losses and yet people still want to throw their bottles out of their pram and have tantrums about Pavalec.

Somehow Kane with his string of dumbass penalties gets a free pass.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
The Jets have scored two goals total in the last three losses and yet people still want to throw their bottles out of their pram and have tantrums about Pavalec.

Somehow Kane with his string of dumbass penalties gets a free pass.

Kane only took 3 penalties it's not like he had 5 or 6!:sarcasm:

White Out 403*

My post has nothing to do with the result of this game. No, Pavs getting a start after montoya posted a shutout and earned another start indicates something more systematically wrong with this organisation at its core rather than loss to a Habs team with a hot goalie in the 7th game of the season. This lost is whatever and we'll move on, what's offensive to me and what will have consquences through the course of the season is Pav getting a start tonight. The way Noel treats Pavs like some undisputed no brainer #1 goalie would make you think he was Lungqvist or Rinne, but he's not. Him getting a start today confirmed to me that Pavs starter position is never going to be in danger no matter what he does. Go back to previous seasons and think, has Pavs position ever been in any kind of danger even during periods where he played like complete crap?

It's tough to put this one on Pavs, and my qualifications on this matter are well documented. Had he not allowed 2 weak goals on the 1st 7 shots, sure, maybe this game goes to overtime and we steal 2 points from a hot goaltender, Who knows?

But I agree with your greater point that Pavs seems to have this anointed status as the teams #1 goaltender when he simply hasn't earned in. Maybe not the best night to bring it up though :)

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Oct 15th 2013
12:33 of 3rd
Carolina
Ron Hainsey 1 (Unassisted)
rg8b.png

Beauty Goal Video

Is just me or is it that every player that make it fulltime on another team becomes the best player they ever were. Feel free to open a whole new thread for this topic.

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
I don't see anything wrong with Kane's penalties, they are penalties of passion and as much as I hate to say it, referees are unfairly targetting him

Kane's penalties were hooking. Those are not penalties of passion. Hooking penalties are lazy penalties. All three of his penalties were because he didn't want to skate to get the puck or position.

White Out 403*

Kane's penalties were hooking. Those are not penalties of passion. Hooking penalties are lazy penalties. All three of his penalties were because he didn't want to skate to get the puck or position.

His hooking call in the 2nd was utter garbage.

Gnova

CowboysR^2
Sep 6, 2011
Jetland
I don't see anything wrong with Kane's penalties, they are penalties of passion and as much as I hate to say it, referees are unfairly targetting him

Hooking is a penalty of passion?

Lol, now I have heard everything.

Kane's penalties were ****ing moronic and caused the team to be shorthanded for 10% of the game.

Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
Oct 15th 2013
12:33 of 3rd
Carolina
Ron Hainsey 1 (Unassisted)
rg8b.png

Beauty Goal Video

Is just me or is it that every player that make it fulltime on another team becomes the best player they ever were. Feel free to open a whole new thread for this topic.

Oh boy Crawford was pissed after letting that one in from Hainsey.

What the hell was up with the Chewbacca noises? Is that the Hainsey Horn in Carolina or...?

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg

Yep. Commentators said this too. Use your legs man, skate around the guy. Lazy. Wheeler's was the worst, he wasn't even skating at all.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
have to disagree

Jets started slow but a goalie has to save those if you want to win

Hell I havent even been down on Pavs this season but watching this game after watching the first 2 periods of the Leafs/Wild game I can only smh

Pavelec could have posted a 1.000 sv% and the Jets still probably lose.

Yup, Pavelec clearly lost the game for the Jets again.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
Oh boy Crawford was pissed after letting that one in from Hainsey.

What the hell was up with the Chewbacca noises? Is that the Hainsey Horn in Carolina or...?

Really weird sounds from them I know, sounds like something someone would do as a joke, but I guess that's how they do it down south.

King Woodballs

Captain Awesome
Sep 25, 2007
Your Mind
It's tough to put this one on Pavs, and my qualifications on this matter are well documented. Had he not allowed 2 weak goals on the 1st 7 shots, sure, maybe this game goes to overtime and we steal 2 points from a hot goaltender, Who knows?

But I agree with your greater point that Pavs seems to have this anointed status as the teams #1 goaltender when he simply hasn't earned in. Maybe not the best night to bring it up though :)

Once again
Neither was weak
Every goal is weak to you

White Out 403*

Pavelec could have posted a 1.000 sv% and the Jets still probably lose.

Yup, Pavelec clearly lost the game for the Jets again.

I defended Pavs on this page but I have to ask, are the 2 goals he let it not soft? Did he not get outplayed by Price? Answer to both questions is yes. If Pavelec just holds the Jets in this game for their slow start we're in OT and get at least a point, maybe 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad