Post-Game Talk: Jets lose 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
For the next game against the Habs, I recommend a 'Saving Private Ryan' themed GDT, only have the title 'Solving Carey Price'. Take a picture of someone doing a jigsaw puzzle or playing chess, only shop Kane's or Ladd's heads onto the people in the pic.

Solving Price? The first thing would be to not shoot directly into his freakin' trapper on every shot..

Boreal

Jun 26, 2012
I liked Mark Scheifele a lot tonight. He made things happen, even if the end result wasn't the black cylinder in the twine.

With any luck, Blake Wheeler will wake up soon. He has been brutal. Only marginally more physical then Wellwood so far this year. Every time he goes to engage someone along the boards, he appears the flail his arms out, and the opposition player barely budges. While other players have struggled, Blake is supposed to be one of our big guns, so for me he is the biggest problem on this team right now, aside from the consistent inability to lace our skates up until the game is already 10 or 20 minutes old.

Yuck!

Edit: Pavelec has not been the problem this year.

Rook37

Feb 22, 2013
Winnipeg
The Jets rollercoaster is currently going: DOWN

I'll be honest, I didn't watch much of the game. From the comments here, it sounds like we didn't look quite as pathetic as we did in the games vs the Stars and Wild and that's a good thing. Our first 20 minutes are getting to be a serious problem though.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
Positives:
- Scheifele looking better tonight
- The team got physical in 2 thirds of the game and it showed.
- Trouba continues to impress.
- Kane; love him or hate him, tremendous effort. Jets need MORE of this.

Negatives:
- Kane penalties? Jets need less of this.
- 19 and 20 year old were possibly best players
- Montoya not rewarded with start (not saying Pav was a mistake but please reward solid play in the future, K? thx)
- The first period is the elephant in the room. Noel isn't helping much at this point.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Maybe 8 pre-season games where none of the regular players did much of anything wasn't such a good idea.

Well, maybe we'll come out of our own pre-season shell, since we're now 7 games in. :D

jet_rollercoaster.jpg

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Not really, this team needs to start taking accountability. They outshot the Habs, sure, but almost none of the shots had any chance of going in and were easily grabbed by Price.

Ladd had a for sure goal if it did not bounce over his stick. Mark had 1 with a wide open net. I agree our scoring chances were low, but the effort for 50 minutes was extremely good. Physical play and effort, a few really good chances, could have easily been 3-2, 2-2 game. But I do agree we had a lot of weak shot attempts, but still all in all, pretty good game.

Mathmew Purrrr Oh

#meowmeowmeowmeow
Apr 18, 2013
meow
22/24, .917%

Goaltending didn't lose the game for us. A poor first period and inability to score lost us the game.

have to disagree

Jets started slow but a goalie has to save those if you want to win

Hell I havent even been down on Pavs this season but watching this game after watching the first 2 periods of the Leafs/Wild game I can only smh

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Can Kane play the right side? Might be worth a shot, seemed to spark Ovi. Kane especially seems like the kind of player that could benefit by having his strong side to the middle of the ice on the rush.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
For me:

Negatives: first 10 minutes, lack of traffic in front, 3-0, Wheeler, losing to the Habs again.

Positives: Scheifele (thought it was his best game, even though he was held pointless), Trouba (how nice is it to have the first Jets 2.0 drafted players playing so well?), the hitting and intensity after the first 10 minutes, PP looked good - lots of movement and some good chances.

Many good things to take away from the game, even if the end result sucks *****.

Ah well, up and atom next game.

I agree with this post! I have to say it looks like Mark found his comfort zone tonight those one touch tape to tape passes through the neutral zone were a thing of beauty. He also showed a lot more poise with the puck. Trouba continues his excellent play.

Pavs was fine today, he just got beat out by an on fire Carey Price.

Negatives: Wheeler needs to start playing up to his pay grade, that bobbled pass at the end of the game sums up his play to date. Its flat out not good enough.

Starts, starts, starts....... I have no idea why this team can't start games, they practically spot the team the lead on an nightly basis. Is it coaching, or do we just have a bunch of players that can't raise their intensity to start the game. All I know is this has to change if this team wants to go anywhere,

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Folks your Canadian men's Olympic hockey team starting goaltender, Carey Price!

Schiefs second best game in a Jets uni

7 goals in 5 games, this team can't score

poor starts becoming a bad habit, if it ain't the players.....it's the players!:rant:

Unbelievable anyone would be so obtuse to think it was goaltending that cost us the game...THE JETS CAN'T SCORE, 0 goals YOU LOSE hockey games, end of story!

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
Why, with our size, don't we do 'smart' things like stick a guy in front of Price?

I still think the direction of this team stinks.

Looking at our shot leaders, it's the kids. There's a lot of under performing going on here. This first period crap is really the first thing that has to change imo.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
22/24, .917%

Goaltending didn't lose the game for us. A poor first period and inability to score lost us the game.

My post has nothing to do with the result of this game. No, Pavs getting a start after montoya posted a shutout and earned another start indicates something more systematically wrong with this organisation at its core rather than loss to a Habs team with a hot goalie in the 7th game of the season. This lost is whatever and we'll move on, what's offensive to me and what will have consquences through the course of the season is Pav getting a start tonight. The way Noel treats Pavs like some undisputed no brainer #1 goalie would make you think he was Lungqvist or Rinne, but he's not. Him getting a start today confirmed to me that Pavs starter position is never going to be in danger no matter what he does. Go back to previous seasons and think, has Pavs position ever been in any kind of danger even during periods where he played like complete crap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->