Post-Game Talk: Jets Lite can’t beat Coors Banquet (Avs 4 Jets 2)

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
The regular season is finally over and the playoffs are about to begin! The game itself was pretty good, for an AHL lineup, they kept the Avalanche in check. I give the game three Cousin Eddie's out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The winner of the 2022-23 Regular Season Prediction Contest has now been posted, so check it out and give them a thumbs up for a very hard fought finish. A Playoff Prediction Contest will start as soon as we find out who we play. I am on the road, so I will post it as soon as I can... Thanks to everyone in the HFJets for making this season a lot of fun. Let's hope the Jets have some playoff success...

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
So, for all of you who have pondered the future of the Jets if one or more of Duboois, Schief, Wheeler, etc. aren't here next year, what do you think?

Since I do plan to be here one more year, I'll say that I enjoyed a game with a number of B-rank players going full out, instead of some major stars gliding around and making a mediocre effort. The crisp passing and the smooth defence were noticeably lacking tonight -- Flowby may be beautiful but oh dear -- but it was so much fun to watch our guys doing their best and screwing up rather than watching someone phone it in.

Now, do we have to face Edmonton who has won 9 in a row?

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
So, for all of you who have pondered the future of the Jets if one or more of Duboois, Schief, Wheeler, etc. aren't here next year, what do you think?

Since I do plan to be here one more year, I'll say that I enjoyed a game with a number of B-rank players going full out, instead of some major stars gliding around and making a mediocre effort. The crisp passing and the smooth defence were noticeably lacking tonight -- Flowby may be beautiful but oh dear -- but it was so much fun to watch our guys doing their best and screwing up rather than watching someone phone it in.

Now, do we have to face Edmonton who has won 9 in a row?

As of right now, it's Vegas, they're up 2-1 in the 3rd.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I really think this Jets team can beat any team in the NHL, but if they only play with grit and heart, and discipline. They cannot afford to take games off like they did in the regular season, or their out quickly.

I think the Vegas series goes at least 6 games, and likely 7, and I'm predicting a Jets win, over Vegas, who has suspect Goaltending.

I also really think Barron is great, and should be pushed up to the 3rd line, or maybe the 2nd next year to replace Wheeler. Also this team should be playing Axel on a regular basis, as he always hustles, and can score goals as well.

I'm looking forward to a great and exciting series -- Go Jets Go !!!

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
This must been Rittich last regular game in NHL ever? Hopefully last ever so he does not play in the playoffs. I cant see any team have this guy as a backup...

Reactions: hn777

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Bring on the Golden whatever’s!

batman-thinking.gif

Egregious Golden
- hosebags?
- blastocoels?
- hump-carts?
- painted swine?
- genital accoutrements?
- gut draggers?
- fail tarts?
- aortic clots?
- SV40 transformed metastatic lumps?
- boat plugs?
- detritus drizzlers?
- tube damagers?
- nitrogenous wastes?
- howling nuggets?
- urinary tracts?
-buttered roasters?

200w.gif

Last edited:

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Well played game. Bad goal cost us but for a meaningless game I'm not getting worked up.

Sawyer saying that Gus is better suited as a winger was one of the stupider things I've heard him say. Guy's a pure center.

Fjallby scored, but also showed a lot of poor decision making and forced some bad plays. Not one of his better games. Maybe was trying to do too much.

Capobianco had a bad game. Bad reads, got walked a couple times.

Barron deserves to be up the lineup. Guy's a beast along the boards and just sees the game so well. The best 4th liners are players that shouldn't be 4th liners though.

Kuhlman makes strange decisions.

Hope Stenlund is okay, but also I don't think he should be in the lineup. Interested to see what they do if he's not ready to go come game 1.
Definitely liked the Barron to Stenlund 2-1 goal. Next PK shift gave it right back though. I think Barron's in the right spot because you need a catalyst for every line, and he's the best player on the Jets 4th line. Only position I think is uncertain on the playoff roster is Maenalanen. He did not have a good game. He hasn't had a lot of really good games, but he's had some effective ones. AJF is more threatening to score, but he's not a very physical player at all, fast yes. I'd be surprised if he got the start against a pretty physical Vegas defense. Though if there are some injuries for game 1, I liked seeing the communication on the bench when all the Swedes were put on the same line. Good communication, in whichever language, I think that's what can make those 3 a decent line.

I like the way Kuhlman plays. For coaches, they must like watching the way he skates, he's pretty quick and good on the edges, gets engaged, but he's limited skill wise. No finish either...when it comes to playoff experience he's got the most of the guys he is competing with and with Cassidy of all people. So it will be interesting to see how that one lineup spot gets decided. If Ehlers is out for game 1, Jets will need another 2021 Toninato like heroic effort from someone. I think Dom probably stays with the team for the playoffs, but I'm not sure if he plays at all.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
This must been Rittich last regular game in NHL ever? Hopefully last ever so he does not play in the playoffs. I cant see any team have this guy as a backup...
I thought he played quite well last night, actually.

Yes the 3-2 goal wasn't great but Dillon did screen him. It was a hard shot in a good spot through 5's legs.

What are we expecting from a cheap backup anyways?

He was exactly 500, and given the performance of Comrie this year I think we probably got a slightly better result for a third of the cost.

I'm hoping Holm gets a shot out of camp next year, and if he can't do it, we can pick up a backup fairly easily.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad