McKenzie: Jets likely pursuing Mark Stone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
With all the Dorion meeting Cheveldayoff stuff Shawn Simpson still tweets he thinks Stone is most likely going to Vegas

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Folks. There's no sign and trade. There will be conditions on the picks dependent on whether he eventually re-signs with the new team. He's a rental.

Exactly. If Ottawa got him to sign a piece of paper they wouldn't deal. If they don't, he can't sign with a new team until they own his current contract.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Jets are either playing like they are waiting for a trade OR they simply dont have it this year.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jets are either playing like they are waiting for a trade OR they simply dont have it this year.

I’ve said all year, they aren’t in the “zone” this entire year. They need to get their crap together soon or it will be a short playoff

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Turris signed after he was traded. What relation did that have to the trade?

The relation to the trade is that Nashville made the trade and gave up the assets they did because they knew Turris was going to sign. It was something which was discussed prior to the trade and Nashville's involvement was dependant on it. Call it a trade and sign if you want, the order is irrelevant.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
The relation to the trade is that Nashville made the trade and gave up the assets they did because they knew Turris was going to sign. It was something which was discussed prior to the trade and Nashville's involvement was dependant on it. Call it a trade and sign if you want, the order is irrelevant.

And the price was still consistent with the price for a full season for a UFA of Turris' level.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
And the price was still consistent with the price for a full season for a UFA of Turris' level.

I don't think Nashville gives up Girard if Turris isn't agreeing to a new contract but maybe that's me, not to mention the dynamics of a three way trade make things a little more complicated. You've got to be extremely ignorant to suggest a team isn't comfortable giving up a better package for a player that they know will sign. When a team lets a player talk contract with a potential trade partner its gets reported for a reason. I'm not saying a sign and trade or however you want to order it will happen but its worth a discussion. To completely dismiss it's merits is dumb.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
That becomes a near pointless trade and is not logical. Making near lateral trades won’t happen. Jets core won’t be traded.......bottom 6 or futures or prospects yes.

It's not lateral. Stone is so much better than Connor it's not funny. And Connor is really good.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
It's not lateral. Stone is so much better than Connor it's not funny. And Connor is really good.

Yes Stone > Connor, but

Adding Stone while removing Connor isn't a significant impact on the team overall which defeats the purpose of the trade. Cup contenders don't remove core pieces, they add them to improve their chances. Trading Connor for Stone makes the Jets older, bigger cap and incrementally better "overall"........not really much of a benefit factoring in losing Connor, getting older and bigger cap hit.

Adding Stone while maintaining the current core significantly helps the Jets and would be the only reason to do the trade. The only way of achieving this is by trading non core pieces and/or futures/prospects (ie not Connor).

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
That becomes a near pointless trade and is not logical. Making near lateral trades won’t happen. Jets core won’t be traded.......bottom 6 or futures or prospects yes.

Pointless trade and not logical? Better shut this site down then. Good one.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Sell me on Stanley. Why would the Sens want Stanley?
My favourite thing about Stanley is his puck protection and his outlet passes. He's supremely confident with the puck and gives himself time when under pressure from forecheckers to find the right recipient. Forechecking him is almost totally useless.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Folks. There's no sign and trade. There will be conditions on the picks dependent on whether he eventually re-signs with the new team. He's a rental.

That's likely the case, but I don't think you should be talking in absolutes. Anything could happen, including a sign and trade. Dorion is a bad GM, but he's been involved in a couple sign and trades already in his short tenure as GM where you can't completely rule it out as a possible scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad