Pre-Game Talk: Jets @ Leafs part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
So what are we thinking here? Jets will be on the 2nd of a back to back. Hopefully the win they likely get in Detroit doesn't translate into momentum for them.

I think the Leafs are in a position where it would be disappointing to lose. They are rested, been at home for half a week against a non rested team on a road trip. Back to back games against the same teams means they should be familiar with the game going into it and need to build some consistency in how they are playing.

I expect the Jets to push back hard, and I think the Leafs need to just survive long enough to tire them out and take over with fresh legs. Hopefully we can bait them into a north - south kind of game again.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Apparently Dermotts still sick too....

All joking aside, hopefully it's not something more serious.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
I think the Jets will push early and we will need to weather the storm. The fresher legs will prevail in the second and hopefully get a better effort in the third period. Itll be their third game in four nights.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Thanks for pre-game @Kamiccolo.

I had a banner prep'd but wanted to wait which Jets goalie we will face, may as well post it here.

iXLmrNm.png

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
If Gardiner-Zaitsev are the real deal like they showed last game.....good luck Jets.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
I think the Jets will push early and we will need to weather the storm. The fresher legs will prevail in the second and hopefully get a better effort in the third period. Itll be their third game in four nights.

Yeah if we can stay away from giving them freebie goals like Rielly and Tavares forgetting Ehlers was standing there, I don't see how we lose this game.

Give Wheeler and Scheifele the same treatment Matthews and Tavares get and it's a wrap.

Reactions: Melo Meds

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Big game here. Was hoping to steal a point in Winnipeg and win at home. We ended up winning so now it’s important we show them who’s daddy and do what we did on Wednesday

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Time to pick up the pace at home and give the fans something to cheer about.

Mar 26, 2010
This is a statement home game against the Jets. The Leafs need to make a bold statement and win Assertively. Do not give the Jets anything.

Ideally, we want to see the Jets get blown out in our barn on Saturday. Show other teams that Toronto is a tough place to play.

Also, give Matthews a ton of ice time. 20-24 min. Time for Babcock to get him scoring again.

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Yeah if we can stay away from giving them freebie goals like Rielly and Tavares forgetting Ehlers was standing there, I don't see how we lose this game.

Give Wheeler and Scheifele the same treatment Matthews and Tavares get and it's a wrap.
Agreed and just want to add staying out of the box is a must. They’ll make us pay.

Reactions: Havoc

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Time to bring some of that road game effort to SBC.

Marleau/Hainsey/JT/Naz/Rielly --> time to set the culture in the room that NOBODY outworks us in our rink!

TMLeafs17

Why so salty?
Oct 5, 2017
Hopefully people can put their conspiracy theories to rest.

Ya, but how many PP opportunities have we had?

edit: We’ve had 28 penalty kills. If that places us as best in the league, then we should have more than 25 PP opportunities, no?

edit2: We’ve also had the least PP opportunities per game. Stats, so fickle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melo Meds

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
I do wonder is this team is tenative and nervous at home as a result of fan pressure.

It'd make sense for a young team in a hockey hotspot

Melo Meds

Jul 30, 2018
Hopefully people can put their conspiracy theories to rest.
I don’t think it’s the penalties taken thats the issue. It’s the fact that the refs look the other way more often than not against us and are inconsistent in how they call the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->