Jets/Leafs line combo's

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Challenge of thread, create your favourite or love to see lines (5 players) and must mix Leaf & Jets players on the line. I'll start:

Ehlers Matthews Wheeler

Gardiner Buff

Or

Laine Nylander Marner

Rielly Trouba

Let's see your combo's, any lines or combo including all players. Thread to bring Leaf & Jets fans together & improve relations. So just relax and have fun with it and no one take offence or create pissing matches.

Yourself

Oct 12, 2010
If you want a thread just to improve relations between two clubs wouldn't it be best to get something going in the Jets board? You will have no problem getting leaf fans to show up there. Otherwise try to make this a league thing, involve all the other teams.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
If you want a thread just to improve relations between two clubs wouldn't it be best to get something going in the Jets board? You will have no problem getting leaf fans to show up there. Otherwise try to make this a league thing, involve all the other teams.

Thread to have fun, if you don't want to add to it then don't post in it. Including other teams defeats intent of thread

Yourself

Oct 12, 2010
Thread to have fun, if you don't want to add to it then don't post in it. Including other teams defeats intent of thread

My point was that if that is your intent it would probably work a lot better not being in the main boards. Anyway, was just a suggestion.

Hokinaittii

Aug 15, 2015
Laine - Matthews - Marner

Laine would be the main trigger man while Matthews does his thing as center and fights for the pucks. Marner has one of the best visions in the league so he would fit fine setting up the two.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Nylander

Scheifele doing the dirty work while two speedy and skilled wingers do their job in the offensive zone.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Laine - Scheifele - Marner
Ehlers - Matthews - Nylander

Gardiner - Trouba
Rielly - Buff

I did similar thing, made Laine & Matthews the tigger men on separate lines. I don't think Laine & Matthews styles would work great together on same line imo. Plus breaks them up, harder to defend vs.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
I'm going to do a top 6/top 4 (There's enough good players to make 2 top lines and there's multiple D-Pairings I like):

Nylander - Matthews - Wheeler
Marner - Scheifele - Laine

Rielly - Trouba
Gardiner - Buff

Thought the Matthews-Nylander and Scheifele-Laine duos were the best possible and took who I thought would best compliment each duo. For defense, I think each partner will compliment the other one well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Laine - Matthews - Marner

Laine would be the main trigger man while Matthews does his thing as center and fights for the pucks. Marner has one of the best visions in the league so he would fit fine setting up the two.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Nylander

Scheifele doing the dirty work while two speedy and skilled wingers do their job in the offensive zone.

Probably should separate Matthews and Laine since they're both high volume shooters. There wouldn't be enough puck to go around.

Laine with Marner would be insane though. Laine would get so many open spots in high danger areas.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
JVR - Kadri - Ehlers
Perrault/Connor/Marleau - Little - Brown/Kapanen

Rielly - Trouba (shutdown)
Gardiner - Byfuglien (all offense)
Morrissey - Zaitsev (mix)

Andersen
Mason

My god the top-3 lines would be unstoppable. I can't even fathom how good the 2nd line would be with Wheeler taking Hyman's spot...

Last edited:

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
Who would be the #1 Center?

Who cares, when you have Mark & Matthews, you have two guys who are true #1C. Sub or play whoever is hot or fits the situation best.

Don't turn this into a pissing match please.

There would be two first lines, don't start ****.

Agreed

Let's have one friendly good spirited thread between Jets/Leafs celebrating our great line ups.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It was a legitimate question. You have to have a #1 #2 #3 #4 line. I don't see Little as a #4C for instance. So if we can't discuss this. This thread is kind of silly. So I am out of this mythical thread and I will leave it to you folks...

Albi34

Feb 14, 2010
It was a legitimate question. You have to have a #1 #2 #3 #4 line. I don't see Little as a #4C for instance. So if we can't discuss this. This thread is kind of silly. So I am out of this mythical thread and I will leave it to you folks...

Nope, you don't. Look at the leafs last season, they had 3 lines they would roll out for different situation, not a 1, 2, and 3.

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011
JVR - Kadri - Ehlers
Perrault/Connor/Marleau - Little - Brown/Kapanen

Rielly - Trouba (shutdown)
Gardiner - Byfuglien (all offense)
Morrissey - Zaitsev (mix)

Andersen
Mason

My god the top-3 lines would be unstoppable. I can't even fathom how good the 2nd line would be with Wheeler taking Hyman's spot...

Doesn't get much better then that. With that lineup I think the weakest position would be goaltending. Anderson/Mason would be very solid, battling it out for starter but neither are elite level. Their biggest problem might be trying to stay alert b/c the puck would rarely be in our end. haha

Hunter368

Nov 8, 2011

No you don't need to label them. PMO refused on many occasions to call Mark 1C, he still referred to Little as our 1C. But how he played them said it all.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I think Matthews/wheeler would be a great pair

Scheifele+Laine is the future duo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad