Dreger: Jets kicking tires on Ryan hartman

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016
"The Jets are talking to a number of teams. Nash, Hoffman, Maroon, Letestu, Hartman, among the many Wpg has kicked tires on. Busy week ahead." Darren Dreger on Twitter

Interesting note that Chicago is taking a pulse on hartman with a division rival

What's a fair trade for hartman off the jets?
Chicago and Winnipeg did a similar deal for Michael Frolik, so they have finished this dance before.

Now that was when the Jets were not a factor so now that they are that may influence things somewhat, however much like the Hawks knew they weren't going to sign Panarin for what he would want perhaps this is much the same.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Unless it's an overpay, I'll be fuming if we trade Hartman. He's a 3-40pt player who can play up and down a lineup, plays all three positions, skates pretty well, and plays with an edge.

Plus he's a Chicago kid. He'll easily be re-signed for under $2m after this season, and we have the cap space available.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Ken Wiebe reported during the 2nd period intermission last night the Jets are also interested in Max Domi. They liked him in the 2013 draft but the cost was too expensive to move up and select Domi. Winnipeg had #13 and Domi went 12th to Arizona.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
where the hell would you even play him??? lol....you can't even find a spot for Roslovic for the love of God
Roslovic is now fully entrenched in the top 6. Was with Wheeler and Laine while Scheifele was hurt and now is with Little and Perreault.

And he’s excelling. Going to have a bright future with the Jets.

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
Roslovic is now fully entrenched in the top 6. Was with Wheeler and Laine while Scheifele was hurt and now is with Little and Perreault.

And he’s excelling. Going to have a bright future with the Jets.

He's looking good after a slow start, but I think it's a little early to call him fully entrenched in the top 6, especially seeing as that lineup has Laine and Ehlers as third liners. He happens to be playing well with Little and the Jets are ordering their lines by whoever is playing center.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughey

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
He's looking good after a slow start, but I think it's a little early to call him fully entrenched in the top 6, especially seeing as that lineup has Laine and Ehlers as third liners. He happens to be playing well with Little and the Jets are ordering their lines by whoever is playing center.

Fair enough, but I don’t think he’s going back to the Moose either. He’s an important part of this team going forward.

Point was that the Jets did find a spot for him on this roster.

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Seen enough of this kid...
Roslovic is not going back to the Moose
Roslovic is not going to be moved, in this kind of deal.

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Who does Hartman replace in tbe 4th line?
If Roslo stays up.

4th line is

Copp Lowry Tanev most likely

Having Laine and Ehlers driving the 3rd line will not be the shutdown line. So Lowry drops down to 4th (3b) line.

If a bigger trade is coming it must be for a 3C to center 27&29.
If that happens.
Either Armia or Tanev to the pb with Hendrick.

But not much option for middle C in the market.

howkie

Dec 13, 2014
Can Hartman play center in a shutdown role? Asking for a friend....

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Pacioretty-Scheifele-Wheeler
Nash-Little-Laine
Hoffman-Brassard-Ehlers
Maroon-Letestu-Hartman

McDonagh-Trouba
Morrissey-Byfuglien
Cole-Green

#insiderr #kickingtires

So WPG has no 1st round picks or 2nd round picks for the next 5 years?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
This makes sense if Chevy is being as chintzy in what he's willing to move at the deadline as Jets fans on HF are. Hartman will be all he can afford.
Seems to be working out fine. Killer roster, filled with young players. Very good prospect pipeline. Stay the course Chevy, and let the other "bold" GMs blow their brains out at the TDL.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Unless it's an overpay, I'll be fuming if we trade Hartman. He's a 3-40pt player who can play up and down a lineup, plays all three positions, skates pretty well, and plays with an edge.

Plus he's a Chicago kid. He'll easily be re-signed for under $2m after this season, and we have the cap space available.

I'd expect him to sign for something around what Connor Brown (3 years @ 2.1m) and Zach Hyman (4 years @ 2.25m) got

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
Roslovic won't be moved, but I think that the Jets would consider moving Vesalainen. I'm not sure what he could bring in return (especially if coupled with a 1st).

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Roslovic won't be moved, but I think that the Jets would consider moving Vesalainen. I'm not sure what he could bring in return (especially if coupled with a 1st).
I disagree. I don't think the Jets have any interest at all in moving Vesalainen, even moving the first I think is a stretch. It's just not Chevy's MO.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

Likely Connor, Jack R, Niku and Vesalainen are all protected and untouchable. Chevy hinted to this a few days ago, there are multi prospects that are untouchable no matter what....those are likely them. He also stated/hinted our 1st and B/C/D prospects are available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->