Injury Report: Jets injury discussion

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Only time I can see us using an emergency call up is with Morrissey. And even then, the odds are pretty small.

I would think they would call up someone like Kitchton or make another trade before that happens.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Is it just me and Mort that think bringing in Morrissey in this situation might not be a good idea. What if he comes in and is completely overwhelmed and his confidence takes a huge shot, all the while being robbed of a chance to be a key player for team canada at the wjhc (he may not mind as it is the NHL but winning gold for team canada on home soil would benefit him greatly)

I have every confidence in the kid's future but throwing him to the wolves right now I don't think is a very good idea, the best thing they could do is to stem the tide and find an experienced nhl defenseman to stem the tide. It would be nice if they got a better one but probably none were available without paying too steep a price all the while time is running out before the trade freeze before christmas

Nope, I agree. IMO, there wouldn't be any situation short of losing every one of our NHL and AHL guys that would make me want to yank Morrissey up here. Much better for him to be playing in the World Juniors, and then a Memorial cup run.

That will be better for him IMO, and in turn, that's better for us in the long run.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Is it just me and Mort that think bringing in Morrissey in this situation might not be a good idea. What if he comes in and is completely overwhelmed and his confidence takes a huge shot, all the while being robbed of a chance to be a key player for team canada at the wjhc (he may not mind as it is the NHL but winning gold for team canada on home soil would benefit him greatly)

I have every confidence in the kid's future but throwing him to the wolves right now I don't think is a very good idea, the best thing they could do is to stem the tide and find an experienced nhl defenseman to stem the tide. It would be nice if they got a better one but probably none were available without paying too steep a price all the while time is running out before the trade freeze before christmas

Yeah, I really think it would be bad for Morrissey's long term development. Even if I am wrong it isn't worth the risk.

I thought the buzz for Bartkowski was getting pretty loud. I really thought something was going to happen there.

I wish that Chevy would step up and get us a real 2LHD who would be a valuable player even when we are healthy. There are some rumoured to be available. Is it that they are priced too high or that Chevy just won't pay fair market value?

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
No need to worry about Morrisey because we won't be calling him up.

This injury situation is pretty nutso though. Scary thing is that all these guys are going to be out long enough that its not at all inconceivable for someone else to go down. :(

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
The Jets could survive one more player going down, even he whose name should not be mentioned because if he goes down that would be as bad as it gets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->