Injury Report: Jets injury discussion

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
With how ravaged our blue line is, might as well have a singular topic on it.

Condition:
7Stm887.jpg

All 4 top 4 D out until mid-Jan at the earliest. All I have to say is please don't get hurt, Buff.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Honestly, this could be good for us.

If we can make it through it will really solidify the team. It will show that we can win if we play within the system. It will really bring the guys together.

Really, I don't think that Harrison is much different than Stu.

It's a crazy situation but coming out the other end in decent shape could be the defining moment for our season and propel us into the playoffs.

GO JETS GO!!!

jiho

Apr 30, 2012
The team was not put together properly. We should of had a roster of 8 forwards and 12 D....we dont use our 4th line anyways

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

If we can make it through it will really solidify the team. It will show that we can win if we play within the system. It will really bring the guys together.

It's a crazy situation but coming out the other end in decent shape could be the defining moment for our season and propel us into the playoffs.

GO JETS GO!!!

I'm going with the positive spin as well. If we can keep being competitive and play 500 hockey and then as Bogo and Enstrom come back in January we will be just fine.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
A couple of years ago MacLean somehow got the pesky Sens into the playoffs without Karlsson & Spezza.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
680 CJOB Sports ‏@CJOBSports 1h1 hour ago

#NHLJets GM Cheveldayoff tells @680CJOB Sports along with his team, @IceCapsAHL Ellerby & O'Neill out & Kichton today went down long term

Wow that's horrible. Melchiori is the only healthy D-man on the farm with an NHL contract.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

GO JETS GO!!!

I'm going with the positive spin as well. If we can keep being competitive and play 500 hockey and then as Bogo and Enstrom come back in January we will be just fine.

Huge IF there Jet but it is not impossible and I think you are right that coming through this in a position to be reasonably able to get back in the race would be a huge boost, a little like a really good penalty kill can be.

It might also have the effect of leading the Fs to be even more aware of defensive responsibilities. If that then becomes habit it will improve adherence to the system going forward.

I am only very cautiously optimistic. We will get a better picture of where we stand after the Chi and 2 Minny games.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The Boston and Philly games are winnable. Maybe Boston will be too much with Kreji back, but if we can take 3 points out of these games then that gives some leeway for the inevitable losses against the Hawks and Wild.

Gotta be honest, the Wild play a hard forechecking possesion game and I am not looking forward to seeing Postma and Pardy deal with that for 20 mins a game.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
So if we lose another defenseman, on the farm, scratched or on the roster..... THEN do we qualify to call up Morrissey? WJHC's be damned they can find another player!

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
inevitable losses against the Hawks and Wild.

The Wild games are going to be rough with our D injuries, but no way do I call them inevitable losses. But I'd be satisfied if we can split a W/L on those games.

Both teams know how important those games are against divisional rivals competing for the WC spots. I expect some intensity. But yeah, our rag-tag D is marching into a battle and will be put to the test.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
So if we lose another defenseman, on the farm, scratched or on the roster..... THEN do we qualify to call up Morrissey? WJHC's be damned they can find another player!

Chevy said they won't

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Is it just me and Mort that think bringing in Morrissey in this situation might not be a good idea. What if he comes in and is completely overwhelmed and his confidence takes a huge shot, all the while being robbed of a chance to be a key player for team canada at the wjhc (he may not mind as it is the NHL but winning gold for team canada on home soil would benefit him greatly)

I have every confidence in the kid's future but throwing him to the wolves right now I don't think is a very good idea, the best thing they could do is to stem the tide and find an experienced nhl defenseman to stem the tide. It would be nice if they got a better one but probably none were available without paying too steep a price all the while time is running out before the trade freeze before christmas

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Chevy said they won't

Just to clarify, he said they won't call him up, or won't call him away from the WJHC?
Or is it the same deal for any prospect defensemen? Anybody know how Glover's been playing so far this season?

It seems Derek Morris and Cory Sarich are both out there for the taking. Dunno much about Sarich, other than he's got a cup ring from Tampa in 2004 and he had an iron man streak of ~450 games. I liked Morris with the Coyotes. Anybody know why nobody signed him? Arizona has deep defense, but what about the other 29 teams?

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Just to clarify, he said they won't call him up, or won't call him away from the WJHC?
Or is it the same deal for any prospect defensemen? Anybody know how Glover's been playing so far this season?

It seems Derek Morris and Cory Sarich are both out there for the taking. Dunno much about Sarich, other than he's got a cup ring from Tampa in 2004 and he had an iron man streak of ~450 games. I liked Morris with the Coyotes. Anybody know why nobody signed him? Arizona has deep defense, but what about the other 29 teams?

No way we emergency call up a player from the NCAA.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
An emergency callup from junior is only when the team cannot fill the roster and can't get a player from the farm team quick enough. It rarely happens and is usually only a game.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
An emergency callup from junior is only when the team cannot fill the roster and can't get a player from the farm team quick enough. It rarely happens and is usually only a game.

Sven Baertschi lasted 5 games on his emergency callup. They are extremely rare.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
No way we emergency call up a player from the NCAA.
because
and
He's not even signed.
and
That would terminate his NCAA career (both signing and playing)
and
Sven Baertschi lasted 5 games on his emergency callup. They are extremely rare.
ok, guys, thanks for filling me in. Anybody willing to chip in something on the other 4 questions (plus one implied question...) I asked?

How would we feel about Sarich or Morris coming in on a league minimum 2-way, 1 year contract? At this point it seems ludicrous to think we'll go the rest of the year without another blueline injury. Not sure these are the right guys, but curious to hear what others might think of picking up a passed-over UFA.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg

GO JETS GO!!!

This is exactly how I feel about the situation as well. This team is a TEAM lately and no longer a group of individuals looking out for their own point totals or individual glory. With the defensive responsibility of the forwards now, we are as best prepared for this as we could possibly be. Will it be enough? Well we'll just have to see, but as Jet says, this could be a defining moment for us.

Imagine getting through this, then adding back Trouba, Bogo & Enstrom? :handclap:

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
Is it just me and Mort that think bringing in Morrissey in this situation might not be a good idea. What if he comes in and is completely overwhelmed and his confidence takes a huge shot, all the while being robbed of a chance to be a key player for team canada at the wjhc (he may not mind as it is the NHL but winning gold for team canada on home soil would benefit him greatly)

I have every confidence in the kid's future but throwing him to the wolves right now I don't think is a very good idea, the best thing they could do is to stem the tide and find an experienced nhl defenseman to stem the tide. It would be nice if they got a better one but probably none were available without paying too steep a price all the while time is running out before the trade freeze before christmas

I agree with this as well. I'd prefer to tough this out and not possibly destroy the development of a player who could be another cornerstone to our future.

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
yeah agree, not sure why the obsession with calling up morrissey. he wasn't ready 2 months ago, why would he be ready now? and it goes against the org's philosophy too.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
its crazy that our defensemen picked up off the waiver wire blows edmontons blue line apart.
get it together edmonton lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad