Jets in New York

Nationals28

Sep 21, 2011
Was just wondering if anyone else here plans to go to New York and see the Jets. I am planning on going to the Devils Game Oct 9, Sunday Night Football Oct 11, and the Islanders game on Oct 12. If anyone else is going could meet up for some drinks before/after the game.

AndersUlfBobby

Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1
May 24, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Nope, can't be there.

But your post got me curious how ticket sales were going for the Jets first visit to Barclay Centre on October 12. Went to the Islanders Ticketmaster page. Lots of good tickets available. Half the damn seats are up for resale.

Get a load of how the rink fits in the seating bowl. Seating arrangement in the "defending" end is interesting. Scoreboard will hang over the blue line in the "attacking" end.

picture.php

BTW, check out the ticket prices for the Islanders first ever regular season game at Barclay vs Chicago 3 nights earlier.

Last edited:

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
Nope, can't be there.

But your post got me curious how ticket sales were going for the Jets first visit to Barclay Centre on October 12. Went to the Islanders Ticketmaster page. Lots of good tickets available. Half the damn seats are up for resale.

Get a load of how the rink fits in the seating bowl. Seating arrangement in the "defending" end is interesting. Scoreboard will hang over the blue line in the "attacking" end.

picture.php

BTW, check out the ticket prices for the Islanders first ever regular season game at Barclay vs Chicago 3 nights earlier.

I think the weird layout is cool. It's got major character, something you don't see all that often.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
The Goldeyes used to play at Winnipeg Stadium - for baseball purposes the stadium had character in spades but that didn't make for a great baseball viewing experience.

I'm curious how the obstructed view seating situation is.

m.

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
It's putting a sport into a venue that was designed specifically for a different sport. Pretty comparable.

It's not like the side boards next to the penalty box is brought in 10 feet and messing with the dimensions of the playing surface. Those seats are raised in those corners and are there for basketball too, so I cant see obstruction being an issue, if anything it looks like they have removed possible obstructed views from the seating plan (floor seats spots for BBall)

Baseball to football poses different problems than hockey to basketball. So while it may be related, apples and oranges are both fruit, so I stand by my comment!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad