Jets in Florida

Briscodog

May 2, 2016
Yo. Heading to FLA in December to catch the Jets play. Need suggestions for a hotel close to the arena in Sunrise. We're spending the week in Orlando but driving down to Sunrise for one night only and need a cheap hotel. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Yo. Heading to FLA in December to catch the Jets play. Need suggestions for a hotel close to the arena in Sunrise. We're spending the week in Orlando but driving down to Sunrise for one night only and need a cheap hotel. Any help would be appreciated. Thx.

Why not ask on the Panthers subforum?

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28

I'm sure someone over there would be happy to help, and they'd likely have more info about the area than we would. :nod:

Jetfaninflorida

Southernmost Jet Fan
Dec 13, 2013
Florida
Briscodog,

I can advise as well. I live about 10 miles from Sunrise and know that town well. PM me if you like. How many people and what is your target budget?

The Double Tree by Hilton on Sunrise Blvd is not the cheapest options (probably $125 or more), but it is very nice and closest to the Sawgrass Mall and the BB&T Center. You could actually walk, a longish walk, to the Arena if you wanted to. There is a La Quinta Inn and Suites in Sunrise that will set you back about $75 but includes breakfast. Still pretty close to the Arena. Maybe a $6 uber. Other than those, you are into hotels in 'Plantation' which is the adjacent town to Sunrise, or other adjacent towns. Probably a $12 uber. Still close, and then you can chose from the usuals like Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites, Sheraton, Residence Inn, Hyatt Place - just depends on how much you want to spend. You can probably find a $60 option if you want to go real budget style.

The one I would probably go with is the Hampton Inn Tamarac / Fort Lauderdale West. I like Hampton Inn. Never had a bad experience, nice hotel - Hilton property, includes hot breakfast, should be in the $90 range if you book early. Right off the highway a bit north of the arena. Probably a $10 - $12 uber if you don't want to drive.

Good luck and maybe we'll see you at the game!

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Briscodog,

I can advise as well. I live about 10 miles from Sunrise and know that town well. PM me if you like. How many people and what is your target budget?

The Double Tree by Hilton on Sunrise Blvd is not the cheapest options (probably $125 or more), but it is very nice and closest to the Sawgrass Mall and the BB&T Center. You could actually walk, a longish walk, to the Arena if you wanted to. There is a La Quinta Inn and Suites in Sunrise that will set you back about $75 but includes breakfast. Still pretty close to the Arena. Maybe a $6 uber. Other than those, you are into hotels in 'Plantation' which is the adjacent town to Sunrise, or other adjacent towns. Probably a $12 uber. Still close, and then you can chose from the usuals like Holiday Inn, Staybridge Suites, Sheraton, Residence Inn, Hyatt Place - just depends on how much you want to spend. You can probably find a $60 option if you want to go real budget style.

The one I would probably go with is the Hampton Inn Tamarac / Fort Lauderdale West. I like Hampton Inn. Never had a bad experience, nice hotel - Hilton property, includes hot breakfast, should be in the $90 range if you book early. Right off the highway a bit north of the arena. Probably a $10 - $12 uber if you don't want to drive.

Good luck and maybe we'll see you at the game!

That sawgrass mall is a must, one of the better malls I've been to. Plus if time permits, check out one of the many beaches along the coast, Hollywood, south, ft Lauderdale beach etc.

Carbooja

Uncle Salaami
Jun 2, 2011
Brampton, Ontario
+1 for Swagrass Mills.

I think my wife and I spent like 4+ hours in Burlington Coat Factory alone, it's like Winners on steroids.

As for hotels, yes Tamarac is a good option, then take Uber or Lyft from your hotel as we did from Miami. (cost us $60 each way for the 6 of us)

dvst8r

Aug 18, 2011
I was in Sunrise a few weeks ago and ran into Perreault at Sawgrass Mills

Last edited:

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
We as a family have been thinking about doing a Florida road trip to catch a game for a while. My boy is 4 so he might still be a bit young .. that going said what is a better trip for a 4 year old Tampa or
Miami? Anyone do a Tampa/Miami with Disney Thrown in?

Babooch

Jan 7, 2014
Is Rosy Paiement's dumpy old dive bar still in Ft Lauderdale? The Penalty Box?

basplit

Jan 12, 2014
We as a family have been thinking about doing a Florida road trip to catch a game for a while. My boy is 4 so he might still be a bit young .. that going said what is a better trip for a 4 year old Tampa or
Miami? Anyone do a Tampa/Miami with Disney Thrown in?

I have was great. Will be doing it again one year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad