TSN: Jets hoping to re-sign Stastny

Saitama

Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
thats some absurd figures you think they'd sign for. only 5 million for the big 3 and 6 million for two other players? damn. that even worse than what leafs fans think they will sign for. i suggest you should really look at what other players who have similar production as those guys have gotten. again, do some research before you type nonsense. it will help you in the long run.
Woosh!

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
12 + 9.5 + 8 = 29.5....that pretty well data up the cap. Looks like that marleau contract as the highest paid player on the leafs last year created a bind. Guess you can't do math.
What does pretty well data up re cap even mean? Just because you don't know anything about the cap doesn't mean you can make up sentences as you wish to try and prove a point. Pathetic tom your part, not surprised either.

Your numbers are probably incorrect which wouldn't be a shock at all since you are incorrect a lot of the time. Nylander hasn't proven to be worth 8 million dollars. Marner hasn't proven to be a 9 million dollar player. Matthews hasn't proven that he should be a 12 million dollar player. I don't know why you pull random figures out of thin air and apply them randomly but it doesn't help your point whatsoever. Also, invade you didn't notice, the cap is going to be rising and marleau is only signed for 2 more year after this which doesn't put this team in a bind at all. But keep thinking incorrectly, it has gotten you this far. Only you can carve your own path of incorrect statements. Have fun doing it.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
What does pretty well data up re cap even mean? Just because you don't know anything about the cap doesn't mean you can make up sentences as you wish to try and prove a point. Pathetic tom your part, not surprised either.

Your numbers are probably incorrect which wouldn't be a shock at all since you are incorrect a lot of the time. Nylander hasn't proven to be worth 8 million dollars. Marner hasn't proven to be a 9 million dollar player. Matthews hasn't proven that he should be a 12 million dollar player. I don't know why you pull random figures out of thin air and apply them randomly but it doesn't help your point whatsoever. Also, invade you didn't notice, the cap is going to be rising and marleau is only signed for 2 more year after this which doesn't put this team in a bind at all. But keep thinking incorrectly, it has gotten you this far. Only you can carve your own path of incorrect statements. Have fun doing it.
You tell me what "Pathetic tom your part" means. Or even "Also, invade you didn't notice,"....you really know how to pick your battles don't you. So show me the numbers if you dont link mine. Take a mill off all of those and you are still at 26+54 = 80 and that is still with hainsey on your #1 pairing with other players yet to be signed. Then you are adding JT and also Carlson on d? That is a bind. Marleau being the highest paid was a bargain...what a joke.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You tell me what "Pathetic tom your part" means. Or even "Also, invade you didn't notice,"....you really know how to pick your battles don't you. So show me the numbers if you dont link mine. Take a mill off all of those and you are still at 26+54 = 80 and that is still with hainsey on your #1 pairing with other players yet to be signed. Then you are adding JT and also Carlson on d? That is a bind. Marleau being the highest paid was a bargain...what a joke.
It's supposed to be "Pathetic on your part" and "also incase you didn't notice". If you comprehensions was at least sup bar you could catch that. That is your next journey in life. Improveing your comprehension. Spell check didn't pick me up there bud. The numbers will be 11.5 for Matthews, 7.5 for marner and 6.5 for nylander.

I have no idea how you got the idea that marleau is a bargain and I have no idea why Carlson and Tavares would be signing with Toronto.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
It's supposed to be "Pathetic on your part" and "also incase you didn't notice". If you comprehensions was at least sup bar you could catch that. That is your next journey in life. Improveing your comprehension. Spell check didn't pick me up there bud. The numbers will be 11.5 for Matthews, 7.5 for marner and 6.5 for nylander.

I have no idea how you got the idea that marleau is a bargain and I have no idea why Carlson and Tavares would be signing with Toronto.
So 25.5...pretty well my exact number that I originally said and you cried about. 54+ 25.5 comes right in at the cap. So tell me more about not being in a bind having to sign more players and upgrade the defence. Do you need me to go back and find conversations where you and other leaf fans were gathered in a circle jerk saying you could sign both JT and Carlsson?? You cant do it cause marleau has put you in a bind. Something you say isnt true but have never disproven. Come back again you are making yourself look like a fool trying to skirt around your ignorance.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
So 25.5...pretty well my exact number that I originally said and you cried about. 54+ 25.5 comes right in at the cap. So tell me more about not being in a bind having to sign more players and upgrade the defence. Do you need me to go back and find conversations where you and other leaf fans were gathered in a circle jerk saying you could sign both JT and Carlsson?? You cant do it cause marleau has put you in a bind. Something you say isnt true but have never disproven. Come back again you are making yourself look like a fool trying to skirt around your ignorance.
i never said the leafs could sign both jt and carlson...

why do you make things up and claim them as facts? why don't you do some RESEARCH?

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
i never said the leafs could sign both jt and carlson...

why do you make things up and claim them as facts? why don't you do some RESEARCH?
So tell me more about 6.5 on the books for 3 years doesn't put the leafs in a bind. That was the statement being debated here. Try to explain yourself instead of trying to move past that statement that you made on to something else. Will be waiting. BIND...keep that in mind.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
So tell me more about 6.5 on the books for 3 years doesn't put the leafs in a bind. That was the statement being debated here. Try to explain yourself instead of trying to move past that statement that you made on to something else. Will be waiting. BIND...keep that in mind.

hypothetically, lets go under the impression the big 3 will make 25 million. all of their contracts will go into effect starting in 2019. marleau only has 1 year left on that deal. lets also assume the cap is only going up 2 million from 2018 to 2019, so the new cap is 83 million. 31.25 million for four players is a lot, but the leafs have good long term contracts that make out the rest of the roster. kadri, martin, hyman, brown, reilly, zaitsev, dermott and andersen count towards only 26.713333 of the cap. add that with the cap hit obtained from the big 3 and marleau and you get around 58 million of cap space used on 12 players. now lets look at the rookies. keep in mind we are referring to the year 2019-2020. andreas johsnon, carl grundstrom, calle rosen miro aaltonen, andreas borgman and timothey lillegren will make the team. they will make a combined 10 million. the total is now 68 million used on 18 players. the this leaves the leafs with 12 million dollars of cap to spend on 5 players. lets also assume leivo re signs with us for 2.5 million, which makes us now at 70.5 million for 19 players. we need 4 more player to fill out the roster. players would be a 4th line C, a 13th forward, a bottom pair dman, a back up goalie, which are all cheap to acquire. this also doesn't include the additional 5 million from nathan horton's cap going on the ltir which will give the leafs even more cap.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
Whe
hypothetically, lets go under the impression the big 3 will make 25 million. all of their contracts will go into effect starting in 2019. marleau only has 1 year left on that deal. lets also assume the cap is only going up 2 million from 2018 to 2019, so the new cap is 83 million. 31.25 million for four players is a lot, but the leafs have good long term contracts that make out the rest of the roster. kadri, martin, hyman, brown, reilly, zaitsev, dermott and andersen count towards only 26.713333 of the cap. add that with the cap hit obtained from the big 3 and marleau and you get around 58 million of cap space used on 12 players. now lets look at the rookies. keep in mind we are referring to the year 2019-2020. andreas johsnon, carl grundstrom, calle rosen miro aaltonen, andreas borgman and timothey lillegren will make the team. they will make a combined 10 million. the total is now 68 million used on 18 players. the this leaves the leafs with 12 million dollars of cap to spend on 5 players. lets also assume leivo re signs with us for 2.5 million, which makes us now at 70.5 million for 19 players. we need 4 more player to fill out the roster. players would be a 4th line C, a 13th forward, a bottom pair dman, a back up goalie, which are all cheap to acquire. this also doesn't include the additional 5 million from nathan horton's cap going on the ltir which will give the leafs even more cap.
Your rounding ability is amazing when you want it to be in your favor. You tell me they will get 25.5 and now it is 25. Cap is going up 2 mill to 83 but it isn't even at 81 now? They are currently at 55 mill.... (check capfriendly) with only 9 forwards and 6 dmen, 2 goalies on the books. Still need 6 more players fit in there...league min is what 900k. So that's another 5.4 mill.... andbthats for the current year... with no new signings. So 55+25.5+5.4...thats 85.5...cap is reported to be 79.5 this year. (See how I don't make crap up here like you do) that is 6 mill over....or you can look at it as 1 marleau contract over. BIND. NO OTHER WAY TO LOOK AT IT. say goodbye to any upgrades on your #1 pairing dman hainsey. No new centers, no replacements for the veterans you lost for free. BIND.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Whe

Your rounding ability is amazing when you want it to be in your favor. You tell me they will get 25.5 and now it is 25. Cap is going up 2 mill to 83 but it isn't even at 81 now? They are currently at 55 mill.... (check capfriendly) with only 9 forwards and 6 dmen, 2 goalies on the books. Still need 6 more players fit in there...league min is what 900k. So that's another 5.4 mill.... andbthats for the current year... with no new signings. So 55+25.5+5.4...thats 85.5...cap is reported to be 79.5 this year. (See how I don't make crap up here like you do) that is 6 mill over....or you can look at it as 1 marleau contract over. BIND. NO OTHER WAY TO LOOK AT IT. say goodbye to any upgrades on your #1 pairing dman hainsey. No new centers, no replacements for the veterans you lost for free. BIND.

25.5 and 25 make a minuscule .5 difference. its quite ridiculous how you look for the littlest thing to critique. since you don't get out of your cave that much, the cap is going up to 80 million for this upcoming season, so its not unreasonable for the cap to go up by 2 million for the season after. the key thing you should understand is that you can't include matthews and marner's portion of the 25.5 million for this upcoming season because they are still under contract. thats the part where you are getting confused. i've already outlined the leafs cap situaltion for 2019-2020. its not my fault you can't comprehend it properly. so your figures of 25.5 don't apply this season. i would say nice try but it was a poor attempt on your part and certainly could have been better. probably not because its you who is posting it.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
This thread just got hijacked.

Unless Stastny signs a one year deal I see no way the Jets can sign him.

While I loved his play with the Jets they really don't need him to stay a contender and I rather they put their money and term on the young guns instead of a 32 year old player.

Reactions: wpgallday1960

Jetsfan79

Jul 12, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Remember this guy?

paul-stastny-of-the-winnipeg-jets-poses-for-his-official-headshot-of-picture-id925194402

Reactions: Lorenzo1000

wpgallday1960

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2010
Sunny St. James
This thread just got hijacked.

Unless Stastny signs a one year deal I see no way the Jets can sign him.

While I loved his play with the Jets they really don't need him to stay a contender and I rather they put their money and term on the young guns instead of a 32 year old player.
I'm inclined to agree. Move Wheeler to Little's wing and have Roslovic as 3C and that is a line up that still has the Jets in contention.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->