TSN: Jets hoping to re-sign Stastny

Whileee

May 29, 2010
weird way to spell marleau
Sure, Marleau is the most "generational" 47-point 38-year old LW in living memory. At least the irresistible allure of the great metropolis of Toronto allowed the Leafs to sign him for a bargain basement $6.25M salary (only #6 in the NHL among LWs).

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

The3rd

Jun 20, 2018
I can't see him taking too much of a discount. He'll get north of 5 million on the open market and 4-5 years. Term is extremely important to a 32 year old FA.

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
ok. lets see the differences in the "marquee free agents won by winnipeg" section

before i knew about the olli jokinen sweepstakes that winnipeg won: 0
after i knew about the olli jokinen sweepstakes that winnipeg won: 0
And the Leafs' marquee sweepstakes winners are? Hmmmm...I thought so.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Sure, Marleau is the most "generational" 47-point 38-year old LW in living memory. At least the irresistible allure of the great metropolis of Toronto allowed the Leafs to sign him for a bargain basement $6.25M salary (only #6 in the NHL among LWs).
quite ridiculous you think patrick marleau is "generational". maybe you haven't been around for a while

Reactions: north49er

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Ya he is a prize. No other team was stupid enough to sign him for that contract. Top shelf signing to put yourself into a bind.
in a bind? the leafs are not in a bind at all. conduct some research before you make outrageous statements.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
in a bind? the leafs are not in a bind at all. conduct some research before you make outrageous statements.
I am surprised you haven't slithered away by now like you usually do. 3 players to sign...matthews 5 mill, nylander 5 mill, marner 5 mill....or course tavares will be expensive at 6 mill and a number 1 dman for 6 mill. That's only 27 mill on the books...now if those numbers double....but home town discounts and endorsement deals right?

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
I am surprised you haven't slithered away by now like you usually do. 3 players to sign...matthews 5 mill, nylander 5 mill, marner 5 mill....or course tavares will be expensive at 6 mill and a number 1 dman for 6 mill. That's only 27 mill on the books...now if those numbers double....but home town discounts and endorsement deals right?
thats some absurd figures you think they'd sign for. only 5 million for the big 3 and 6 million for two other players? damn. that even worse than what leafs fans think they will sign for. i suggest you should really look at what other players who have similar production as those guys have gotten. again, do some research before you type nonsense. it will help you in the long run.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Bit OT.. browsing and noticed he's already made ~63 million USD. Pretty good player but my gods. He could easily pick whatever team he wants and sign a friendly contract to make it happen.

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
thats some absurd figures you think they'd sign for. only 5 million for the big 3 and 6 million for two other players? damn. that even worse than what leafs fans think they will sign for. i suggest you should really look at what other players who have similar production as those guys have gotten. again, do some research before you type nonsense. it will help you in the long run.
You aren't the sharpest tack are you? I purposely showed those lowball numbers to show how fast the space the leafs have gets eaten up. Like I said...double those numbers and your officially in a bind like I said. Try to keep up with the conversation...everyone explaining things to you in every thread is getting old.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
You aren't the sharpest tack are you? I purposely showed those lowball numbers to show how fast the space the leafs have gets eaten up. Like I said...double those numbers and your officially in a bind like I said. Try to keep up with the conversation...everyone explaining things to you in every thread is getting old.
don't you think i already know the leafs cap space will be eaten up? why don't you try and publish this as a theory? maybe you will finally get somewhere.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
don't you think i already know the leafs cap space will be eaten up? why don't you try and publish this as a theory? maybe you will finally get somewhere.
38 year old Marleau for 3 years at 6m+ cost you JVR but no big deal, right?

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
So why would you say they are not in a bind? They obviously are.. ..slither...slither...

Walt22

Mar 19, 2018
because they aren't in a bind. try and catch up will you?
12 + 9.5 + 8 = 29.5....that pretty well data up the cap. Looks like that marleau contract as the highest paid player on the leafs last year created a bind. Guess you can't do math.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad