Confirmed with Link: Jets hire Dave Lowry as assistant coach

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Great hire, It will be epic when the Jets hoist the cup and Lowry passes it to his dad!:nod:
Possible sure
Probable meh
Let’s put it this way
IF
In 3 years if things haven’t changed do you think they ever will with the same people in place?
I know I feel that way already
YMMV

Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Possible sure
Probable meh
Let’s put it this way
IF
In 3 years if things haven’t changed do you think they ever will with the same people in place?
I know I feel that way already
YMMV
There are alot of teams that have never won a Cup, 11 and there are some teams that have gone 50 plus years since winning their last Cup. We haven't started year 10 yet, i like the core of this team and think we will get there eventually. Positive post for the day. :laugh:

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Reactions: nobody imp0rtant

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Realistically we all know Kurt Overhardt is not the kind of agent who is going to keep his client in Winnipeg beyond 7 years so I'll be surprised if Copp re-signs. Adam Lowry has been a leader for this team, since his rookie year when he took over the 2c spot with Little out, centering Ladd and Frolik, and kept the team in the playoff race and made the postseason for the first time. He's been a leader or co-leader in scoring in 2 of 4 playoff appearances. I hope he re-signs, that 2011 draft, the first, was a cornerstone for our franchise's development. The team has been good at getting players to sign team friendly deals so I don't think Pionk and Lowry are going to break the bank, as both like playing here. It's Laine that will be the hardest to sign as Liut can probably leverage more elsewhere, and Laine will move on, we know this.

I hope the Jets sign Dave Lowry's other son, Joel, as well, to play for the Moose, and maybe we can bring in some of his former Wheat King or Royals players into the fold. He has coached a couple of players on our team, in Forbort and Thompson. Sounds like PK will be his biggest impact, which is something we have needed to address for years, by all accounts. His first year as a Kings assistant they had #1 PK in the NHL, his 2nd they were 29th. So I am not sure what to expect for results.

Could be our future head coach. Will be a coach that has Maurice's respect, as a seasoned pro. Wonder how it will be for Adam to have his dad behind the bench.
Forbort was on their 1 PK unit both those years. They had goalie injuries in that second year.

Reactions: voyageur

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad