Recalled/Assigned: Jets have recalled Joel Armia from the Moose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
It's important for Armia to make an impression here. If he doesn't he could be trade bait come deadline time.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
It's important for Armia to make an impression here. If he doesn't he could be trade bait come deadline time.

If he fails to make a strong impression he won't be very good bait. Even as a top up or sweetener his value would be almost nil. Better to keep him and hope he is a late bloomer.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
If Armia gets some ice time and is smart, he'll make sure that he plays pedal to the metal and makes a couple of big hits early. That will endear him to Maurice right off the bat, and give him more opportunity to show the rest of his game.

Stops, takeaways and the creation of offense would probably help too

KANADA89

Sep 30, 2015
Thorbedo back to 4th line, Ehlers, Burmi & Armia 3rd line.

Please?

#Freearmiaorfiremaurice

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Stops, takeaways and the creation of offense would probably help too

I think Maurice knows that Armia is talented. The concern is likely that he doesn't play with enough aggressiveness. Armia needs to show that he's committed. If he does that, I think Maurice will give him time to show his skill. If he plays a timid perimeter game, I think Maurice will lose interest in him.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Thorburn should stay on the 3rd line - he's producing goals.

Hasn't Thorburn's last three goals have nothing to do with Ehlers or Burmi? The shorty was all him. The last goal was all Wheeler and he just got into the right spot. And another was Toby going end to end to set him up. Basically just being in the right spot at the right time.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
...so, did Chevy force Maurice's hand to play Armia by sending Lowry down and calling up Armia? :sarcasm:

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
I think Maurice knows that Armia is talented. The concern is likely that he doesn't play with enough aggressiveness. Armia needs to show that he's committed. If he does that, I think Maurice will give him time to show his skill. If he plays a timid perimeter game, I think Maurice will lose interest in him.

Armia and Morrissey seem to have so much talent, but zero desire to make it known.

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
Thorbedo back to 4th line, Ehlers, Burmi & Armia 3rd line.

Please?

#Freearmiaorfiremaurice

I hope he gets atleast 3-5 games, no matter in which line.
If he plays well enough in the fourthline he gets promoted to a better line.

It's that simple. Everything else is ecxuses.

"#Freearmiaorfiremaurice"

More like #JoelgiveEverythingyougotOrcomebacktofinland

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
Happy with this call-up. Wasted on the 4th line, however. What's the chances he gets a shot at playing with some skill guys on the third line -- ie, free Armia, free Ehlers

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
I hope he gets atleast 3-5 games, no matter in which line.
If he plays well enough in the fourthline he gets promoted to a better line.

It's that simple. Everything else is ecxuses.

"#Freearmiaorfiremaurice"

More like #JoelgiveEverythingyougotOrcomebacktofinland

Yeh I think he starts on the 4th line to see if he plays with that aggression we need/want from him. And then agreed with what you say about playing better and earning more ice time.

Samcanadian

Dec 13, 2011
Yeh I think he starts on the 4th line to see if he plays with that aggression we need/want from him. And then agreed with what you say about playing better and earning more ice time.

Exactly. Has to prove himself that he can put his pride on the shelf and bang around a little on the 4th line to prove that his basement is at least a 4th line role player.

I think the last thing the Jets org wants is to call up skill guys who have a bit of a history of playing soft and then place them higher up on the depth chart rather than the 4th line proving ground. Exacerbates bad habits.

jesui

Jan 21, 2011
everywhere
So Armia's parents are leaking to finnish media?

2 roster spots open. In theory they could recall 2

Sami Hoffren finnish sportreporter who is at the moment in toronto, reported this to ilta-sanomat magazine.
Little weird that nobody else haven't yet?

jetman

May 21, 2015
A new thread for this would be nice. I started reading the first page and got confused about why people thought he might be playing with Lowry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad