Recalled/Assigned: Jets have recalled Joel Armia from the Moose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
I would love to see him play, but I would bet it's just to have an extra forward around for the upcoming road trip. The Jets won't go on the road with just 12 forwards.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I would love to see him play, but I would bet it's just to have an extra forward around for the upcoming road trip. The Jets won't go on the road with just 12 forwards.

He might not be playing tonight, but I'm pretty sure he was not brought up to warm the bench. If they were just wanting to bring up a bench-warmer, certainly Cormier/Lipon or someone of that nature would be more appropriate.

No, the fact that he was part of the "big trade" will most certainly factor in & he will be given some chance to succeed (the chance that Petan was not given). I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the ABE line come to fruition.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
He played pretty well on the weekend. Good move to get him practicing with the team already.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Good news. Armia is a complementary type player that will benefit from playing with better players. Can't wait to see how he does.

i'm guessing that he *maybe* takes Peluso's spot and gets a token 4 minutes/game that the 4th liners get

Or maybe we're about to lose another player in a trade ?

considering the Jets play in the same arena as the Moose, i don't think they'll be showing their poker hand like this for absolutely zero reason to do so.

Pavs is out for a while (clearly), so they'll grab another roster player.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If Armia gets some ice time and is smart, he'll make sure that he plays pedal to the metal and makes a couple of big hits early. That will endear him to Maurice right off the bat, and give him more opportunity to show the rest of his game.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Maybe Armia is being showcased to be included in a potential trade.

KANADA89

Sep 30, 2015
Should the Jets have their morning skate going as we speak? Any info of who's Armia training with?

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg
Uh oh, cue the outrage.

I'm fine with it.

Lame!! Lol

Not totally unexpected though.

It's his first day w/ the club, so not unexpected. What I'm really hoping for (as others have already suggested as well) is that Armia will at least get a go w/ Burmi + Ehlers on the 3rd line and that Scoreburn will be on the 4th w/ Copp + Lowry....

My crystal ball says that Scoreburn's SH GWG last game cements him as a middle 6er in Maurice's mind and Armia will be given the same chance to succeed as Petan was given (not much). Really hope I'm wrong.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Chevy's probably forcing Maurice to play Peluso.

I doubt that.

It's his first day w/ the club, so not unexpected. What I'm really hoping for (as others have already suggested as well) is that Armia will at least get a go w/ Burmi + Ehlers on the 3rd line and that Scoreburn will be on the 4th w/ Copp + Lowry....

My crystal ball says that Scoreburn's SH GWG last game cements him as a middle 6er in Maurice's mind and Armia will be given the same chance to succeed as Petan was given (not much). Really hope I'm wrong.

If Maurice were that easily swayed Thorburn would have been a middle sixer all year. :laugh:

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Guessing this is just make it official as the 13th forward and that he gets at least a couple practices in prior to the team hitting the road to go to Washington.

Seems like a proactive move more than anything.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
That's the right decision.

Maybe we can see the all-Euro line, Armia-Burmistrov-Ehlers?

Abe? Fits in well in southern Manitoba. :laugh:

I just hope he plays there and not on the 4th line. He is no more a fit there than Petan was. I wish Petan had been given a 3rd line shot before being sent down.

This could finally be Armia's opportunity. I hope he is ready to grab it.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not saying Pav was ****** great or anything but he was at worst slightly below average and I'd rather have that then Hutch (who hasn't been close to reliable this year) and two promising (but completely untested) backups.

I've always thought he was if nothing else consistent (and sometimes capable of great games).

Obviously am excited to see Hellebuyck and Armia but hope Pav gets better soon.

Hutch .915
Pav .906

What are you talking about?

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
He played pretty well on the weekend. Good move to get him practicing with the team already.

Maurice always tries to get a callup at least one practice or at least the game day skate. Here's is where having the Moose down the hall comes in. At least 50/50 he plays tonight. If not then certainly Wednesday.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I hope he bumps Thor to the 4th instead of taking Peluso's place or being scratched

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad