Post-Game Talk: Jets hang on, beat Arizona 4-3

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
If Scheif is healthy, I would go with...

Ehlers Scheif Laine
KC Little Wheeler
MP Roslo Armia
Petan Copp Dano

or leave Wheeler in the middle and go with...

Ehlers Scheif Laine
MP Wheeler Roslo
KC Little Armia
Petan Copp Dano

Am I forgetting anyone?

Reactions: 204hockey

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
[B said:
"JetsFan815, post: 141161361, member: 147697"]Petan was great tonight, probably the best C on ice tonight for the Jets. That play where he passed the puck back from behind the goalline to Dano while selling that he was going around was amazing. His line spent almost no time in the defensive zone and was great positionally. The penalties were unfortunate breaks but other than that he was brilliant. If he keeps it up, no way he should be sent down when people are healthy. Dano could have had a couple of goals from Petan dishes tonight. Those who still didn't like his game tonight probably don't know hockey.[/B] Hopefully next game we get to see Petan-Scheifele-Dano or Dano-Petan-Roslovic line :)

Roslovic had a great game.

Forgettable game from Laine. Need to see him more committed on the forecheck.

Starting to get annoyed by Ehlers refusal to make the simple play lately. Found myself wishing at times that he would just dump the puck in or take a low shot and hope for a rebound instead of trying all those fancy plays.

I am not going to harp on it but that Lemieux penalty infuriating. I can understand penalties when you are in a puck battle or part of the play but that penalty was so unnecessary, there was no puck battle, he was going off for a change but decided to go after the Coyotes player.
Bang on 815, I don't get the Petan bashing at all. His first penalty was a phantom call and the second one was just desperation in a dangerous situation. Beyak suggested he may have slipped and torpedoed the guy? His play warrants another game for sure.

Reactions: Saintb

Whileee

May 29, 2010
tenor.gif

Whileee you forgot about me???

Tho... if were being somewhat uppity tonight I believe Laine shall be argus-eyed come playoff time...;)

Go Jets Go
You know, I was just thinking that. My sense is that Laine is in a bit of a lull in a long season, but I still think he could emerge as a monster in the playoffs.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Petan was great tonight, probably the best C on ice tonight for the Jets. That play where he passed the puck back from behind the goalline to Dano while selling that he was going around was amazing. His line spent almost no time in the defensive zone and was great positionally. The penalties were unfortunate breaks but other than that he was brilliant. If he keeps it up, no way he should be sent down when people are healthy. Dano could have had a couple of goals from Petan dishes tonight. Those who still didn't like his game tonight probably don't know hockey. Hopefully next game we get to see Petan-Scheifele-Dano or Dano-Petan-Roslovic line :)

Starting to get annoyed by Ehlers refusal to make the simple play lately. Found myself wishing at times that he would just dump the puck in or take a low shot and hope for a rebound instead of trying all those fancy plays.

I am not going to harp on it but that Lemieux penalty infuriating. I can understand penalties when you are in a puck battle or part of the play but that penalty was so unnecessary, there was no puck battle, he was going off for a change but decided to go after the Coyotes player.
Agree about Petan. He was terrific. He deserves a stretch of games with Hendricks and Tanev out. Lemieux to the PB next game.

Roslovic has been very impressive. I would cool down any trade ideas that include him. I think he is going to be a player that has the same impact as Perreault, only bigger and maybe more durable.

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
You know, I was just thinking that. My sense is that Laine is in a bit of a lull in a long season, but I still think he could emerge as a monster in the playoffs.

At least Laine is still scoring, Ehlers on the other hand, one goal an
empty netter since Jan 9th and two goals since Dec 19th prior to that.

Connor looked really good when he got called up and played really well but then even with Wheeler and Schief he seemed to hit a wall, he's been a disappointment in his last 15-20 games to say the least. At this point Roslo looks to be the better player all round.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

Whileee

May 29, 2010
At least Laine is still scoring, Ehlers on the other hand, one goal an
empty netter since Jan 9th and two goals since Dec 19th prior to that.

Connor looked really good when he got called up and played really well but then even with Wheeler and Schief he seemed to hit a wall, he's been a disappointment in his last 15-20 games to say the least. At this point Roslo looks to be the better player all round.
I disagree about Connor. I think he's continued to play well, and he's still producing even though he's not on the top line.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Perrault, Roz, Buff were good. Lotsa no shows.,....Little, Laine ? Where were they?

Laine had a good start to the game. He wasn't as strong in the second half but it wasn't like games earlier in the season where he really struggled. Little was quiet but involved in many positive plays. He easily could have scored on one chance and that would make the game look a bit different. I think on almost any other night, 1 if not both of the first 2 Coyote goals don't go in. Without those goals I doubt the Coyotes put up the fight they did.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Please send Petan back to where he belongs.

I realize he scored but still want him gone.

I think that's a little unfair.
We have multiple injuries and we were still able to call up 2 point per game players from the AHL.
Petan should have been 1g 2a... he set up Dano for two near empty net chances.
He looked visibly faster and stronger.
He played with great urgency... which led to the second penalty he took.
When enough players come back he likely will be with the Moose again.
For now we are lucky we aren't 3 to 4 players below Cormier level.

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Petan was good , he should of had 2 assists but Dano couldn't bury anything . Just because he takes so much flack on our board , i have to say Buff was very good tonight and that fro , man that made me laugh . Check out the Deadpool 2 preview , i think Buff is Deadpool . :laugh: Helly probably should have gotten another shutout tonight , he just wasn't with it tonight but we won in regulation so no biggie . 73 points already this season , unbelievable , waaay better than i was expecting so far this season and still winning games without our #1 and #3 centers and one of our best defenseman , unbelievable . Way to go Chevy and way to go Maurice . :banana: and way to go Jets . :handclap:

Reactions: sipowicz

grieves

silent prayer
Apr 27, 2016
Team really made their best efforts to lose, but even with shaky goaltending, multiple dumb penalties, meh performances by several players, they were unable to get the L. It's really tough to do if you score 4 goals so I can understand it.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I'd put Petan's performance somewhere between where is harshest critics peg him and where his biggest fans have him slotted. I thought he was pretty good in a limited role. Nice deflection, a couple nice passes and seemed to be playing with more pace to his game. Bad penalty at the end but doesn't take away that he looked better than when he was sent down. Not sure if he dresses with a fully healthy lineup, but IMO he should at least slot above Dano and Matthias in a 13/14 role. I'd like to see him get a couple more starts while we are waiting to get more players back. Maybe he gives as a MP light type production from the 4th line down the stretch and into the playoffs.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Scheifele posting on HF boards just hyperventilating at every single thing "omg Hellesuck" while Trouba and Fedora stuff their face with empty calories.

ZDCWVbG.jpg
"Hey coach, I was wondering if you would make this adjustment I was thinking of..."
"Buff good... Must...eat...like...Buff..."
"Oh WTF did I eat there then"

Reactions: kanadalainen

TheJadePipe

Mar 8, 2016
Agree about Petan. He was terrific. He deserves a stretch of games with Hendricks and Tanev out. Lemieux to the PB next game.

Roslovic has been very impressive. I would cool down any trade ideas that include him. I think he is going to be a player that has the same impact as Perreault, only bigger and maybe more durable.
Taking 2 penalties in a game knowing all your PKers are injured??He needed to see that penalties are worse to take yesterday than normal situations.... Not sold on Petan.

Nov 24, 2006
Petan was great tonight, probably the best C on ice tonight for the Jets. That play where he passed the puck back from behind the goalline to Dano while selling that he was going around was amazing. His line spent almost no time in the defensive zone and was great positionally. The penalties were unfortunate breaks but other than that he was brilliant. If he keeps it up, no way he should be sent down when people are healthy. Dano could have had a couple of goals from Petan dishes tonight. Those who still didn't like his game tonight probably don't know hockey. Hopefully next game we get to see Petan-Scheifele-Dano or Dano-Petan-Roslovic line :)

That’s the type of penalty at that point in the game that gets a guy sent down to the AHL. Really dumb play.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
While watching the game I thought the Jets were playing well for the most part aside from Helly having a rare bad night. I thought Petan had a good night and was much improved from his last stint with the Jets. I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Petan and Lemieux had the best CF% on the team so I am not sure how people can conclude that Petan stunk. I thought Laine played a better game tonight but still cringe whenever he tries to clear the defensive zone.

Wheeler needs to go back to the wing.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
I'd put Petan's performance somewhere between where is harshest critics peg him and where his biggest fans have him slotted. I thought he was pretty good in a limited role.

IMO he should at least slot above Dano and Matthias in a 13/14 role. I'd like to see him get a couple more starts while we are waiting to get more players back. Maybe he gives as a MP light type production from the 4th line down the stretch and into the playoffs.

I would agree with this, despite my currently somnolent state. :sarcasm: Without embroidering the facts, Petan shows bursts of game-centric brilliance and an undeniable upside, penalties notwithstanding. Further, the antecendent showings of Matthias won't bear comparison.

And as has been mentioned above, Helle Boy's game may be aptly described as pedestrian, or perhaps more base still, even bequeathed with a generous standard error - this, I fear, altered the tapestry and complexion of the game. Perhaps this also injected a modicum of effrontery and angst to this board, wherein none need exist?

Last edited:

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
While the penalties weren't great i thought there was a lot of growth in Petan's game. He battled hard and was moving his feet all night. When he got the puck he pushed the play and went at players which in turn opened up lanes and allowed him to flash his excellent playnaking skills. If he keeps it up he may have a future here as imo that was the missing element in his game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad