Post-Game Talk: Jets hang on, beat Arizona 4-3

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Seemed like the best description for Laine tonight. I think I'll use that word more. I wouldn't use it with the plebes on the main boards, but HF Jets are refined... and perspicacious. :nod:

tenor.gif

Whileee you forgot about me???

Tho... if were being somewhat uppity tonight I believe Laine shall be argus-eyed come playoff time...;)

Go Jets Go

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This is a ridiculous take on his play. Not sure how anyone who watched the game comes up with this summation.
Well I'm glad you think it's ridiculous not much has changed. I just can't see how he can beat out anyone when we have a healthy line up. I expect 4th liners to play safe not cost us potential goals. Guys like Buff Wheeler can take dumb penalties not borderline guys. Not seeing that is bananas :)

Reactions: King Woodballs

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Petan was great tonight, probably the best C on ice tonight for the Jets. That play where he passed the puck back from behind the goalline to Dano while selling that he was going around was amazing. His line spent almost no time in the defensive zone and was great positionally. The penalties were unfortunate breaks but other than that he was brilliant. If he keeps it up, no way he should be sent down when people are healthy. Dano could have had a couple of goals from Petan dishes tonight. Those who still didn't like his game tonight probably don't know hockey. Hopefully next game we get to see Petan-Scheifele-Dano or Dano-Petan-Roslovic line :)

Roslovic had a great game.

Forgettable game from Laine. Need to see him more committed on the forecheck.

Starting to get annoyed by Ehlers refusal to make the simple play lately. Found myself wishing at times that he would just dump the puck in or take a low shot and hope for a rebound instead of trying all those fancy plays.

I am not going to harp on it but that Lemieux penalty infuriating. I can understand penalties when you are in a puck battle or part of the play but that penalty was so unnecessary, there was no puck battle, he was going off for a change but decided to go after the Coyotes player.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Petan was great tonight, probably the best C on ice tonight for the Jets. That play where he passed the puck back from behind the goalline to Dano while selling that he was going around was amazing. His line spent almost no time in the defensive zone and was great positionally. The penalties were unfortunate breaks but other than that he was brilliant. If he keeps it up, no way he should be sent down when people are healthy. Dano could have had a couple of goals from Petan dishes tonight. Those who still didn't like his game tonight probably don't know hockey. Hopefully next game we get to see Petan-Scheifele-Dano or Dano-Petan-Roslovic line :)

Roslovic had a great game.

Forgettable game from Laine. Need to see him more committed on the forecheck.

Starting to get annoyed by Ehlers refusal to make the simple play lately. Found myself wishing at times that would just dump the puck in or take a low shot and hope for a rebound instead of trying all those fancy plays.

I am not going to harp on it but that Lemieux penalty infuriating. I can understand penalties when you are in a puck battle or part of the play but that penalty was so unnecessary, there was no puck battle, he was going off for a change but decided to go after the Coyotes player.
If Hendricks is healthy Petan goes to pb.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Man JetBlue420 you made me laugh...

A belly laugh...

I needed that...

tenor.gif

Thanks...

Tho Petan two penalties were not good he does deserve a second look before being sent down....

Cheers...
He might deserve one but he won't get one if Hendricks is healthy.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Well I'm glad you think it's ridiculous not much has changed. I just can't see how he can beat out anyone when we have a healthy line up. I expect 4th liners to play safe not cost us potential goals. Guys like Buff Wheeler can take dumb penalties not borderline guys. Not seeing that is bananas :)

When he played over 50 games with the Jets last season he had the lowest rate of penalty minutes of any Jets forward who played more than 5 games last season and it wasn't close. He also has only 4 minor penalties with the Moose all season. For any reasonable observer who has followed Petan's career it is clear that him taking 2 penalties was an aberration and in no way indicative of a tendency to take "dumb penalties". To suggest that he should be kept out of the lineup for his penchant for "dumb penalties" is being ignorant of who this player is and how many penalties he takes at best or blatantly disingenuous at worst.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
When he played over 50 games with the Jets last season he had the lowest rate of penalty minutes of any Jets forward who played more than 5 games last season and it wasn't close. He also has only 4 minor penalties with the Moose all season. For any reasonable observer who has followed Petan's career it is clear that him taking 2 penalties was an aberration and in no way indicative of a tendency to take "dumb penalties". To suggest that he should be kept out of the lineup for his penchant for "dumb penalties" is being ignorant of who this player is and how many penalties he takes at best or blatantly disingenuous at worst.
I never said that he deserved to be kept out of the line-up. I said that he would. Also in those 50 games he wasn't aggressive and tenacious enough of a player to be kept up. If he is kept up and played over Hendricks I will gladly eat crow. I just don't think it will happen.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
A bit surprised by how poorly people feel the Jets played. By no stretch of the imagination did they steal that game, in reality it was a crime it was that close. Helle was awful, and not just on the first two goals, he was out of kilter the whole night, very out of character this season.

The Jets not burying a few chances and suffering a few lapses let the Yotes hang around, otherwise it wasn't close.

Thought Petan aquitted himself very well, did not look out of place at all and created nicely.

Buff was very good tonight, controlled the game whenever he was on the ice. Toby moved the puck smartly tonight.

Morrissey was underated in this game, he was pretty steady and had the best gap control outside of Buff and Toby.

Chiarot played pretty well but his icings and gaps continue to drive me bonkers.

Missing Trouba on the PK, Jets gave up the blueline to easily tonight when shorthanded. They had been doing a great job of denying entry there until Trouba went down. Myers was poor there but otherwise played a solid game, apart from over carrying the puck a few times.

Ehlers wasn't quite himself, I thought he threw off PLE. Perrreault and Little weren't bad but Ehlers killed it a bit.

Thought Laine tried to force his will a bit, still liking the areas he's getting to, he'll keep getting chancs that way. Yotes did a good job on the PK and were good at getting in lanes much of the night. They blocked quite a few shots and forced many wide.

Connor and Roslo impressed me tonight, thought they were both very good. Roslo's quickness and play along the wall are impressive, really liking the kid. The way he too that pass from Enstrom and got into his shooting motion at the same time really showed his offensive skill. Great shot too.

More winz
More pointz

GJG!!!

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Maybe he watched more than just 10 minutes of the first ?
Pretty clear you didn't . I'm not even in the Nick Petan fan club bit to suggest he didn't have a solid game is just silly. It also shows zero objectivity and should be dismissed.

Reactions: JetsUK

Garthinater

Nov 22, 2015
That was an awesome night! Came away with Laine's and Morrissey's autograph :)

I thought the jets looked good. Seemed like their goals were off nice plays vs the coyotes getting weak goals.

Gotta say it was pretty cool of the jets to have the military appreciation night!

Reactions: Jimby

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Petan's second penalty was weird as f***. He tripped head first into the boards and the other guy tripped over his head. Dangerous play actually.

Reactions: sipowicz

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I'm personally very happy if Petan has a good season so we can trade him for a solid D. We really don't have much on the right side after we lose one of Myers Trouba Buff other than Poolman we have no one. On the other side, if we replace Enstrom with Niku we don't have much depth behind Chariot.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
I'm personally very happy if Petan has a good season so we can trade him for a solid D. We really don't have much on the right side after we lose one of Myers Trouba Buff other than Poolman we have no one. On the other side, if we replace Enstrom with Niku we don't have much depth behind Chariot.

Why trade away your future Perrault replacement?

Sorry I don't get it...

To many backseat GM's around here that's why I don't partake to much in the trading GM game...

All I truly care about...

We make the Playoffs...

We win our first playoff game...

We win multiple series...

We are in the Final...

We win the Stanley Cup...

That is my ultimate goal so what Chevy and Maurice do or don't are not game changers we have a real dam good team with depth players and Helle great goaltending that also includes Hutch...

Just win...

Just win it all...

Go Jets Go...

Reactions: sipowicz

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Back from Timmies and just read through the PGT,

Petan wasn’t good some said, wow, first game back in the NHL and he set up stone hands Dano for a couple sure goals that anyone would have put in (okay maybe not Copp), Petan had a good game, both penalties were questionable.

Lemieux=just not ready

No one mentioned the off night by Helly, three pretty questionable goals won’t even fault him because he’s been so good this season.

Buff and Enstrom had good games as did Kulikov, Chariot was actually good

Copp proved you can’t always score on an empty net.

Roslo looks good, better than Connor has for the last 20 games actually!

Rest of the forwards on auto pilot through this one, Laine still struggles to move the puck out of his own end!

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Why trade away your future Perrault replacement?

Sorry I don't get it...

To many backseat GM's around here that's why I don't partake to much in the trading GM game...

All I truly care about...

We make the Playoffs...

We win our first playoff game...

We win multiple series...

We are in the Final...

We win the Stanley Cup...

That is my ultimate goal so what Chevy and Maurice do or don't are not game changers we have a real dam good team with depth players and Helle great goaltending that also includes Hutch...

Just win...

Just win it all...

Go Jets Go...
Future Perrault replacement? I think you are stretching things. Perrault is a one in a thousand player. Petan had a great game but has not proved he is better than Roslo, Connor, Ehlers. To believe that the whole team is full of all stars and yet that we aren't #1 in the league is such a huge stretch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad