Post-Game Talk: Jets hang on, beat Arizona 4-3

mondo3

Jun 4, 2011
Anaheim
Did anyone notice the coyotes tapping their sticks on the boards at one point during the game? anyone know what that was about?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Petan unfortunately failed his audition. Hendricks and Chef will back next game and he will be remembered for the penalties not goal.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Interesting to know who gets bumped to 4th line. Who gets pushed off powerplay I imagine Armia.
As Armia kills penalties and we know Mo generally doesn't want his guys on the powerplay killing penalties.
I imagine Connor goes onto the second unit. I also think Mo will run Copp Roslo and Armia as he doesn't want Copp to have to play with 2 rookies.

Last edited:

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
@jefferoni how you gonna spend all your vMonies?
Meet me in the vLounge. I'll be the guy sipping the 12 year old vScotch... :laugh:

bets.png

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
We were the better team most of the night people.

Calm down, we didn't steal that one, although if we play this way against an actual NHL team we'll be in tough.

We went into the game a 70-30 favorite or so. Only during the brief 0-0 and 1-1 stretches early were we barely any less than that. For the rest of the game, we were better off than we were going into it. It's not like we were trailing all game, cheesed 2 late to tie it and stole it in an SO or anything.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Interesting that Maurice didn't like that the Jets were dumping the puck in the third instead of carrying it in. I like that he wants the team to play more of a skilled, controlled game.

Interesting. Always thought that was him. Guess not. We have the team for the skilled controlled game now, dumping is a last resort. Don't like it at all even in 1 goal games.

Reactions: Georgetown Al

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
What about a line with Connor-Petan-Dano when our top 9 guys are back

I think that is the fourth line Friday. But once we are "fully" healthy Dano is definitely in the PB. If that, we may have to look at throwing him in a deadline deal, unless you want to waive him. With Roslo going nowhere we will eventually have like 15 forwards and that is not even counting Petan.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I liked Petans game. Those saucer passes :thumbu:

Given the Lowry failed come back from injury I kind of hope they rest Scheifele 1 more game.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
I think that is the fourth line Friday. But once we are "fully" healthy Dano is definitely in the PB. If that, we may have to look at throwing him in a deadline deal, unless you want to waive him. With Roslo going nowhere we will eventually have like 15 forwards and that is not even counting Petan.

Free Dano....;)

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Petan has no place in the roster till we move on from Dano once line up healthy.

Andy6

Court Jetster
Jun 3, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
Wow, by the end of that the Jets seemed to have regressed to their childhoods, when they were just learning what hockey is. The only good thing is that a stinker like this vs. a bottom-dwelling team means that could they learn a valuable lesson while not giving up any points. (Glad that they're now so good that I can feel dissatisfied with a win.)

Festinator

Apr 6, 2016
Calgary
Interesting. Always thought that was him. Guess not. We have the team for the skilled controlled game now, dumping is a last resort. Don't like it at all even in 1 goal games.
Lot's of people say Maurice is old school, and he does have some oldschool tendencies, but honestly I think he tries to adapt to the team he has in front of him. In that past he hasn't had skilled teams, so he hasn't tried to force them to play skilled games.

This team he's been able to stick with for a while and watch grow more skilled with the younger players coming into their own, so he's getting them to play a more controlled and skilled game because he knows they can handle and they've definitely done it before to close out games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->