Post-Game Talk: Jets hang on, beat Arizona 4-3

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
You win the post game thread jetsforever , we won and it wasn't pretty but with all of our injuries and Helle a little off from almost being arrested at the McDonalds Drive thru...

Its all good...

Go Jets Go

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
SZ9LfZW.png

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Quick thoughts....

Kind of an ugly game, and the Jets weren't sharp. Good to bank another 2 points, though.

LWR - Roslovic was outstanding again. He blew by OEL and drew a penalty - not many players have that sort of explosiveness. Wheeler was meh. I'm ready to have our top RW back again. Laine was somnolent.

PLE - Not a great night for this line. They had some moments, but just weren't clicking. Ehlers was in and out. Perreault was sub-par (for him).

CCA - Very good game for Connor. Armia was so-so. Copp was generally solid. We've come to expect better D from this line.

LPD - This line started out brilliantly. Petan showed a lot of speed and creativity and smart. They were playing with energy. But they really let the Yotes back into the game with the three penalties. Dano is a bit snake-bitten.

39-33 Really solid game for Buff and Enstrom. Buff is heating up.

44-57 Didn't like this pairing as much. Myers was fumbling the puck again. Morrissey got better as the game progressed.

7-5 Nice game by this pair. Kulikov was solid.

Hellebuyck was shaky, at best. This was a game that he looked like he might lose by himself. Lacked concentration, which is sort of a problem when you're a goalie.

Jets1975

Dec 9, 2011
Ugliest win you will ever see, but a win is a win is a win, much needed 2 points. Don't know who really had a good game. Meh all around, just uninterested. Nic P can't take those dumb penalties. He takes any more of those, and he will be back with the Moose. Helle looked out of sync. Anyways, get ready for a Blues team who were humiliated tonight.

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
I think the easy schedule with lots of rest is hiding the problems right now. That shot of Scheif Trouba Lowry says it all. They need those guys back. That's a lot of hockey IQ sitting in the stands.

And even with all of that we still won two points....

Winnipegger it isn't pretty but....

Cheers!

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Lot's of people saying we had an off game but if we're being honest with ourselves, that game should have been 4-1. Helle had a poor game, but overall the team was fine. Not our strongest effort but still 4 even strength goals.
Games like this make me wonder if we rely on ridiculous goaltending

Georgetown Al

I’m back...
Aug 8, 2017
Ugliest win you will ever see, but a win is a win is a win, much needed 2 points. Don't know who really had a good game. Meh all around, just uninterested. Nic P can't take those dumb penalties. He takes any more of those, and he will be back with the Moose. Helle looked out of sync. Anyways, get ready for a Blues team who were humiliated tonight.

Great I haven't been able to watch all the games since I have only had 4 days off since Jan 01, 2018 and this is the first full game I have been able to watch so I have missed some great hockey then....

I'm staying at the Airport Hotel in Marathon Ontario, I thought it might be a blessing to stay and I did check for bed bugs... I always check for bed bugs...

Well there's always the playoffs... :thumbu:

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Hellebuyck looked tired, but, I'm happy we got the 2 points.

I really like how the Jets are on the ice signing autographs for the military.

Last edited:

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
Tonight was a reminder of what we were, with average goaltending. Thankfully Helly found his game in the end, made a couple big saves when it counted.

Good game by a Petan, minus the penalties. He played quicker tonight, attacked the puck better and engaged physically in the hard areas. To me, tonight was the best version of Petan I’ve seen. See if he can follow it up.

Connor and Roslovic, both had solid games.

Little line struggled tonight, Myers wasn’t great either.

Hope Copp has no lingering effects from crashing into the boards. We cannot afford to lose another C.

TorJet

Jun 27, 2016
As discussed in the pregame thread, the Yotes have played much better than their record lately, beating Nashville (and taking them to OT), smoking the Blues, two OT games against the Sharks.

Given the injuries, was going to be a tougher game than it appeared - gutsy win, liked the games from Roslovic, Morrissey, Connor, Perreault, Buff, Petan and Copp today. Less so Helle, but he’s earned an off night...

Reactions: Georgetown Al

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->