Pre-Game Talk: Jets/Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
Can't wait to watch this one. A legitimate test against a true cup contender. The next 4 games are huuuuuuuge

Reactions: Rockomax

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Byfuglien is only coming to Montreal cause of the restaurants !!

DAAA POUTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyways... lets see how our habs fair against some of these strong teams.... I am looking forward to these games to see how we can compete against the "Contenders"

Go entertaining game go! hopefully habs win but its ok if they dont

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Big game............the next two are big games. I think we can compete, my worry is can we beat teams like this in a 4 out of 7 ?

Anyhow, the Jets are a Cup contender, let's hope we measure up.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
The next 4 games are huge indeed (WPG, TOR, NSH, TB). The following 4 before TDL are pretty big as well. One game against FLA, but 1 X CBJ (direct rival for a playoffs spot), 1 X PHI (red hot as of late), 1 X TOR.

Toughest stretch of the season for sure. That's 10% of the season right there, right before TDL. Very curious to see what will come of it. Anything over 0.500 would be satisfactory imo.

Reactions: DangerDave

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
The next 4 games are huge indeed (WPG, TOR, NSH, TB). The following 4 before TDL are pretty big as well. One game against FLA, but 1 X CBJ (direct rival for a playoffs spot), 1 X PHI (red hot as of late), 1 X TOR.

Toughest stretch of the season for sure. That's 10% of the season right there, right before TDL. Very curious to see what will come of it. Anything over 0.500 would be satisfactory imo.

And will probably have a huge impact on what Bergevin does or not for the deadline

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Let's see how the boys get up for the next 4 games. We usually do well in games we are expected to not do well in...

Ah but does that mean we expect them to do well? Because if so they probably won't do well. But if they won't do well, will they then do well?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Ah but does that mean we expect them to do well? Because if so they probably won't do well. But if they won't do well, will they then do well?
It's a win-win situation 24/7 around here! Come on now... Do you want an infraction or something? Behave, please...

Censored Toad

Most Records Shattered as GM of the Habs!
Aug 8, 2016
Big game............the next two are big games. I think we can compete, my worry is can we beat teams like this in a 4 out of 7 ?

Anyhow, the Jets are a Cup contender, let's hope we measure up.

That is the thing. Even if we do beat these contenders... Its a great measuring stick but as we all know playoff hockey isn't the same beast as the regular season, winning a best of 7 is unlikely IMO.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
That is the thing. Even if we do beat these contenders... Its a great measuring stick but as we all know playoff hockey isn't the same beast as the regular season, winning a best of 7 is unlikely IMO.

As it stands I think the habs have a chance against Boston and Toronto

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

According to what? I think the speedy style + 5 on 5 success the Habs play makes them a dangerous team in the playoffs. Especially against the teams we likely match up with (Isles or Leafs).

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Stay out of the box vs the Jets, one of the top pp's in the league and not very easy to play against 5 on 5. If they use their size and take away the middle of the ice we will have to rely on Jesus Price to save us. I just wish the habs could figure out how to run a pp, it's tough to win games without it especially against the better teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad