Speculation: Jets General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 16-17 Part XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Hellebuyck, Copp, Kosmachuk should certainly get QO's. I think the org will QO Tanev. There's no need to QO Lipon and Howden but they probably will. Olsen will not receive a QO.

Why QO Lipon? His shelf life has expired. He turns 24 in a few days and hasn't made the NHL yet. He hasn't progressed in the last couple of years so he isn't going to make the NHL. Certainly not with the Jets at any rate.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Why QO Lipon? His shelf life has expired. He turns 24 in a few days and hasn't made the NHL yet. He hasn't progressed in the last couple of years so he isn't going to make the NHL. Certainly not with the Jets at any rate.

Because Jets. I am saying I don't think they should, but that they probably will.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Isn't Howden a UFA?

He is an RFA

I will share a rumor that I heard pre draft

The Jets were in on Hamonic but the Islanders wanted Connor or 2 1sts. I don't know where this would have lead but I am glad we didn't make a deal

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He is an RFA

The Jets were in on Hamonic but the Islanders wanted Connor or 2 1sts. I don't know where this would have lead but I am glad we didn't make a deal

Same. Not interest at those prices and quite frankly I'm not interested in Hamonic. We need a LD not another RD.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
He is an RFA

Glad Chevy was putting up the hammock at the cottage and missed out on this.

Seriously, often the best move is to say "nope".

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
He is an RFA

If this team was truly in a Win Now position, they make that trade. But I don't think they are, so I'm glad the trade didn't happen.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If this team was truly in a Win Now position, they make that trade. But I don't think they are, so I'm glad the trade didn't happen.

I don't see why win now versus development mode should have any bearing on it. Hamonic doesn't fill a need so no reason to overpay for him period. If we where a LD it would be a different matter.

Whileee

May 29, 2010

I totally disagree.

Where does Hamonic play? #3 / #4 RD?

If the Jets move Connor or 2 1sts, Hamonic better not be the target.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Hamonic was never a fit here - the only reason he was ever really talked about was his request to be traded closer to home. The only deal that made sense would've been Myers for Hamonic, but that wasn't enough for Snow. I'm happy we didn't pay what Calgary did for a position we're already deep in.

Bob E

Aug 20, 2011
Winnerpeg
He is an RFA

I'm glad they didn't make that deal too.

I like Hamonic. But I like Connor more.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Yeah, Hamonic doesn't make sense positionally not to mention he seems to be prone to several minor nagging injuries over his career which is likely a result of his style of play.

The suggested cost would have been an overpay. When the Jets are comfortably a consistent playoff team then they can make these types of moves to put them over the top.

And I like Travis. He grew up about 25 minutes from me.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I don't see why win now versus development mode should have any bearing on it. Hamonic doesn't fill a need so no reason to overpay for him period. If we where a LD it would be a different matter.

Just a feeling that we're going to need a good RD this year, too. We'll see what happens with Myers.

northendninja

Feb 25, 2016
Hamonic would have made sense if we were giving up a RHD for him to replace, but it sounds like Snow decided he wanted futures instead.

THe only reason to have acquired Hamonic was as a Trouba replacement. Perhaps Duchene?

Losing two 1st and trouba for Duchene and Hamonic... no thanks!

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Hellebuyck, Copp, Kosmachuk should certainly get QO's. I think the org will QO Tanev. There's no need to QO Lipon and Howden but they probably will. Olsen will not receive a QO.

I wouldn't give Tanev a QO. Then again, I would never have offered Ben Chiarot a NHL contract so what do I know. We have tweedle-dee (Zinger) and tweedle-dumb (Chevy) running this team, so my guess is we qualify Tanev.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I totally disagree.

Where does Hamonic play? #3 / #4 RD?

If the Jets move Connor or 2 1sts, Hamonic better not be the target.

I vaguely recall Hamonic playing left side. Yes, no?

Age, injury history, price, position all considered I wouldn't do it but if he could play left side it would be tempting.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
Another rumor that I just heard from a friend at work who's wife works in real estate...Brian Elliot is looking at houses in Winnipeg.

Mods feel free to delete this if it doesn't pass but I thought I would pass it along

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Another rumor that I just heard from a friend at work who's wife works in real estate...Brian Elliot is looking at houses in Winnipeg.

Mods feel free to delete this if it doesn't pass but I thought I would pass it along

You only represent it as a third hand rumour. As long as it isn't being treated as anything more I don't see a problem. Mods may disagree of course. :) Didn't we have a similar rumour a couple of weeks ago about MAF's wife in LV?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

This corresponds with what Rick Ralph tweeted earlier so there seems to be plenty of smoke with regards to linking Elliot to the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad