Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation 14-15 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetkarma*

I really don't think the Jets can afford to take the chance letting Kane play here anymore,If things don't go his way,the team struggles,coach attempts to put him in his place all these things will only decrease his value,another injury plagued year there are just so many variables that could contribute to us losing bargaining power.Yes if he and the team have a great year it would improve his trade value but I think it is more likely to go the other way![/url]

So in essence you are saying to take what we can get , cut the losses and accept the best deal available right now? Let the player who has no leverage influence this decision to his advantage away from the team having the advantage?

I could not disagree with this any more. Completely opposite view.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
So in essence you are saying to take what we can get , cut the losses and accept the best deal available right now? Let the player who has no leverage influence this decision to his advantage away from the team having the advantage?

Yes!
Trade Kane soon only for an overpay.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Kane better not start the season in a slump or the question(s) will continue.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
I love Kane and really want him on the Jets, but I am getting to the point where I want to trade him just to make a move. This roster needs a shake up of some kind I think. If we move Kane, I am confident that the return will help our team as well.

Something with the Oilers would be my first hope. Eberle? RNH?

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg

No kidding..... I thank my lucky stars some of you Chicken Littles are not our GM.....

:D

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Kind of what some of us are saying , if Kane is going to be traded , we'll wait till it is to our advantage :)

Yea no need to rush Evander is too big an asset. Get the deal right Chevy

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011

If you think he has no leverage you are sadly mistaken,he has the ability to make things even worse for the team if he wants to.Kane already has his contract he has nothing to keep him in line.I just don't think playing hardball with him is the route we should be taking,I think at this point we can find a fair value deal,but everyone seems to want an overpayment and that is not going to happen.

jetkarma*

If you think he has no leverage you are sadly mistaken,he has the ability to make things even worse for the team if he wants to.Kane already has his contract he has nothing to keep him in line.I just don't think playing hardball with him is the route we should be taking,I think at this point we can find a fair value deal,but everyone seems to want an overpayment and that is not going to happen.

If Kane wanted to be like Kesler he would have already. Very big difference in him being "Evander " and that IMO. He has too much internal pride and drive to be petulant like some other players he signed long term he isn't a UFA soon. IMO if indeed a trade has been mentioned between him and the team , I feel he will know that playing to as high a level as possible is the quickest way to facilitate that.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
I think we need to turn our attention off of Kane,unless there is something in the works right now he is probably a Jet for at least the beginning.We need to look at what we need to fill the hole we have.I hope and pray that Chevy is not going into the season with Odell in to make up for a needed player.Right now we are basically the same team except for a little better at 3rd line center and I mean a little better.I don't understand why we did not go after some big name players at the beginning of UFA signings.We have the cap space.Maybe Chevy thought he had a deal for Kane or Buff and it fell thru.I don't see us being any better unless Maurice has some secret potion to feed these guys at camp.I hate to be negative but I don't feel very good going into next season how we are now.We have some good talent and maybe they are going to play different this year.I understand if Kane has a better year that's going to help but it can't just rest on his shoulders.Maybe Chevy is trying and nobody wants to play here.

Waldo

May 27, 2002
Winnipeg
Visit site
I think we need to turn our attention off of Kane,unless there is something in the works right now he is probably a Jet for at least the beginning.We need to look at what we need to fill the hole we have.I hope and pray that Chevy is not going into the season with Odell in to make up for a needed player.Right now we are basically the same team except for a little better at 3rd line center and I mean a little better.I don't understand why we did not go after some big name players at the beginning of UFA signings.We have the cap space.Maybe Chevy thought he had a deal for Kane or Buff and it fell thru.I don't see us being any better unless Maurice has some secret potion to feed these guys at camp.I hate to be negative but I don't feel very good going into next season how we are now.We have some good talent and maybe they are going to play different this year.I understand if Kane has a better year that's going to help but it can't just rest on his shoulders.Maybe Chevy is trying and nobody wants to play here.

Where have you been? He went after Stasny for one. Didn't want to come here yada .... yada .... yada. That was verified by his agent. Perhaps others but we know how secretive Chevy is about these things ....

tucker22*

Aug 8, 2012

People can question his maturity level, but when it comes to items that he actually gets paid for (hockey skills, work ethic, desire to win, etc) he is not going to "tank" to get his way, and tarnish his next big contract. Kane is not going to devalue his future earnings.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
Where have you been? He went after Stasny for one. Didn't want to come here yada .... yada .... yada. That was verified by his agent. Perhaps others but we know how secretive Chevy is about these things ....

Yes I do know about Stasny but there was a lot more to get after that.I guess nobody wants to play here.Thats what happens when you feed on the bottom year after year.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
People can question his maturity level, but when it comes to items that he actually gets paid for (hockey skills, work ethic, desire to win, etc) he is not going to "tank" to get his way, and tarnish his next big contract. Kane is not going to devalue his future earnings.

I did not mention him tanking I was simply saying he could pull a Kesler or Spezza and demand a trade or just continue saying dumbass stuff to the media all the while lowering his trade value.

Jetsfan4life

Dec 15, 2013
Usa
I'm sure Kane does not hate it here for any other reason than we have not made good strides to get to the cup.He makes a ton of money for a 22 year old.He really has nothing to worry about.If the team shows improvement this year he will change.I did not used to think this but we would be stupid to trade him off being only 22 years old and already had a 30 goal season.That boys got talent just wait till he matures a bit and gets connected with his line mates he's going to be phenomenal.We need one more good scoring player to fill up our roster and we should be fine.And when I say fine I mean able to compete better.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I love how people make it about money.

Maybe Kane just wants to win? Maybe he has pride as an athlete. Maybe he wants to perform for his teammates.

But no, we automatically go to the "he's playing for his next contract" card. Kane (like all of us) loves money but I think his motivation is far deeper than that. I think he loves hockey.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I love how people make it about money.

Maybe Kane just wants to win? Maybe he has pride as an athlete. Maybe he wants to perform for his teammates.

But no, we automatically go to the "he's playing for his next contract" card. Kane (like all of us) loves money but I think his motivation is far deeper than that. I think he loves hockey.

He has consistently been the player who is the most pissed at missing the playoffs year after year. At least the one who shows it the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->