NFL: Jets fire GM Mike Maccagnan and VP of Player Personnel

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
I was just told by a friend who works for a network in Boston he supposedly had some sort of out of work incident last year as well. Ownership wanted to fire him right then and there but decided not to. It then evidently occurred again this winter which FWIW ownership supposedly didn’t find out about til last week or the week before. I have to assume it’s DWI or domestic in nature if this is true

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
NaiveDecimalAgouti-size_restricted.gif

Love you Jets.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
So Gase did not want Bell because that money shouldn't be spent on a running back..and CJ Mosely pick up was again, money issues..

This should go over well in the locker room..

Reactions: Avs_19

SouthGeorge

May 2, 2018
Teams are eventually going to stop questioning the Steelers player/character judgement.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The timing is the worst part. Why would you let a GM, who there are issues with, make all the important long-term decisions before firing him? I can't recall off the top of my head but I believe another team did something similar recently.

Gase reportedly not wanting the two biggest FA additions and highest paid players on the team should make for an interesting start to that relationship. This is who Gase is though and he once again somehow keeps moving upward. There are still questions around him as a HC, he can't get along with people, and now he's in charge there.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The timing is the worst part. Why would you let a GM, who there are issues with, make all the important long-term decisions before firing him? I can't recall off the top of my head but I believe another team did something similar recently.

Gase reportedly not wanting the two biggest FA additions and highest paid players on the team should make for an interesting start to that relationship. This is who Gase is though and he once again somehow keeps moving upward. There are still questions around him as a HC, he can't get along with people, and now he's in charge there.

Gase still living off of being Peyton Manning’s former coach. How did Gase get this much power?

Reactions: CPTN71 and Avs_19

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Wasn’t it just *checks notes* THREE days ago that Gase was all indignant with the media over reports of a power struggle? And now Mac is out and Gase is the GM LOLZ

The Jets make the Giants front office look competent and I’m a Giants fan to an extent..

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Jets had a ton of cap space anyway.

Seriously...I am not a fan of the pay the RB philosophy either but who the **** else were the Jets going to use that money on the next couple years? Might as freaking well if you're the Jets.

And I've never heard of a head coach being worried about money concerns before. The guy's got a Napoleon complex.

Reactions: Pestilence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->