Jets fans in Alberta.....

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I know there are quite a few ex-Winnipeggers living in Alberta now. I wanted to see if perhaps we could meet up for the Jets playoff games at some point at a particular location. I am in Calgary, and know there are many Jets fans here. I was thinking of a sports bar like the Shark Club, etc. It would be fun for a dozen or so Jets fans from Manitoba meet up and take it some games. I believe the first game is April 11, but I am not 100% sure.

dvst8r

Aug 18, 2011
Myself and a few buddies were talking about this as well. We were talking about making 17th ave the white mile and catching the games somewhere around there. Definitely down to meet up.

Reactions: Jets4Life

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Alberta has to be my favourite place on the planet, unfortunately I don’t live there... Yet:naughty:

Jk about that last part, I heard the economy is bad there right now but I do love the place.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Proud born-and-bred Winnipegger, but left the place 18 years ago and at this point I am unlikely to come back (what with marrying an Alberta gal and having kids).

Economy here is not great at the moment so if I were still living in the 'Peg I wouldn't recommend people rush out here... but age has proven that things change over time.

Anyways... if during the playoffs people were going to arrange a Edmonton/Whyte Ave (or wherever) meet up I'd be totally down for that. Me and my Laine Heritage Classic jersey (that of course I wore to the game in person) are standing in wait...

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
In my best Goldmember voice , traitors .... leg kick and laugh for leaving the Peg man . :laugh:

dvst8r

Aug 18, 2011
Sorry buddy, my kids want to come and Shark Club doesn't allow kids. I'm heading to Canadian Brewhouse on Harvest Hills with a few other families.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'm going to be in Edmonton for game 4. I would welcome the opportunity to voraciously cheer for the Jets amidst Oilers fans.

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
Sorry buddy, my kids want to come and Shark Club doesn't allow kids. I'm heading to Canadian Brewhouse on Harvest Hills with a few other families.

I can be there at 6. I'll be wearing a Jets jersey white cap and work jeans since I have to come straight from my construction job

Noeller

Dec 13, 2007
Oil Country
Can't make a Friday night get together, but we're looking at being in Calgary on Sunday evening, if anyone wants to get together at a pub! Some place with a good beer selection....Craft, National, etc....?

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
Edmonton is my place of exile. I can't make the first two games but perhaps three or four? I usually PVR the games so I can zip through commercials and replays of the opponents goals (I'm petty) but I could adapt to live viewing.

I'm in Edmonton as well. I could probably be down with something if there is a decent sized group of people going.

I usually watch games on GCL on Gamecenter Live well after they've already started once the kids are in bed, but there's no way I could stand to do that for the playoffs. I gotta know what is happening as it happens...

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
I'll join if we can get derfel involved and we can argue about Pavelec :naughty:
DO IT RESURRECTION

I WILL BUY U BEERS

Just for putting up with those Calgarypuck whiners, there are going to be 2 ice-cold Budweisers with your name on it my friend. Look for a guy in a Jets jersey, white Adidas hat 6'2, that hasn't shaven since the Jets lost, so even if I don't quite look like Laine, I feel like him...

Last edited:

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
At the Brewhouse in Harvest Hills. Jets are well represented. At least 20-25 Jets jerseys. Dubnyk has been the difference. Once the Jets scored I'll take video

dvst8r

Aug 18, 2011
I'm with the group on the East side. We got loud! Love the goal horn they're doing! I'm wearing the whiteout jets jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad