GDT: Jets @ Draft Lottery • Sat Apr 30, 7PM [Jets win 2nd overall!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Just going on the record to say when I have posted first in GDT's Jets ar undefeated. Thanks for thinking of this GIN.

Building a cup winner takes a combination of skill and luck and today represents one of those rare massive opportunities. One day a cup will be hoisted and there is a chance the lottery balls today will have played a big part.

No pressure so just relax and enjoy the event.

:sarcasm:

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Just going on the record to say when I have posted first in GDT's Jets ar undefeated. Thanks for thinking of this GIN.

Building a cup winner takes a combination of skill and luck and today represents one of those rare massive opportunities. One day a cup will be hoisted and there is a chance the lottery balls today will have played a big part.

No pressure so just relax and enjoy the event.

:sarcasm:

Should I dare go on these boards when they announce 6-9 :D

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Here are the 1001 lottery tickets this year

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/pdfs/NHL-Lottery-2016-Look-Up-Table-Numerical.pdf

And sorted by team

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/pdfs/NHL-Lottery-2016-Look-Up-Table-Alpha-by-Team.pdf

All the Jets winning tickets

image.png

The fun simulator. Pick the numbers and watch the team odds change on the fly

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/lottery.html

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
It appears that the CBC broadcast will begin at 6:00PM but the actual reveal won't begin until 7:00PM. But I'll tune in early.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Should I dare go on these boards when they announce 6-9 :D

Well over 75% chance that is where we reside when the dust settles but life could be worse. In this draft we have great options which get decided tonight or very good options. Not winding up in the top 3 will feel like a lost opportunity but 11 of 14 teams will be in the same boat. Not finishing off the tank hurt our seeding more than it hurt our chances tonight.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Well over 75% chance that is where we reside when the dust settles but life could be worse. In this draft we have great options which get decided tonight or very good options. Not winding up in the top 3 will feel like a lost opportunity but 11 of 14 teams will be in the same boat. Not finishing off the tank hurt our seeding more than it hurt our chances tonight.

If the Jets get bumped down by a team or two below them winning a top-3 pick, it could be argued that they should have tanked less and finished higher in the standings. The odds are that at least one team higher in the standings (lower in the lottery ranking) will end up winning at least one of the top-3 picks.

Overall, I think the Jets will be in a good drafting spot regardless of the results. Would love a top-3 pick though!

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If the Jets get bumped down by a team or two below them winning a top-3 pick, it could be argued that they should have tanked less and finished higher in the standings. The odds are that at least one team higher in the standings (lower in the lottery ranking) will end up winning at least one of the top-3 picks.

Overall, I think the Jets will be in a good drafting spot regardless of the results. Would love a top-3 pick though!

For the seeding on draft day it was pretty big. For the lottery odds tonight I can live with it. That was a tough final week I am hoping tonight renders it moot :yo:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
For the seeding on draft day it was pretty big. For the lottery odds tonight I can live with it. That was a tough final week I am hoping tonight renders it moot :yo:

Agree, though as things are turning out I'm not sure whether being 6 or 8 is going to matter that much. I have a feeling that the current and future of the #4-12 picks is going to be pretty fluid. The Jets might well end up with a player (Jost, Chychrun, Brown, Juolevi) that ends up being 4th best or better in the draft. I'm particularly pleased with what I've seen with Jost, and Brown has really made a late run. Two potential top end C's.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Winning one of the lotto's would be amazing, but there's a ton of talent around where we pick with Nylander, Tkachuk, Jost, Sergachev, Chychrun, Brown, etc.

2013 I was hoping for Domi, (curse you Arizona, another reason we have to steal your children), 2014 I was praying one of Ehlers or Nylander were available at our pick, 2015 I started hyper-ventilating after Boston's picks. This year I can't really make up my mind for one or two guys i'm praying fall to us outside the top 3, so i'll be happy as long as it's a prospect who can skate, and has high end skill.

If we don't win I hope it's not the Leafs. Oilers for the maximum lols and the greatest young C depth I can ever recall.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Winning one of the lotto's would be amazing, but there's a ton of talent around where we pick with Nylander, Tkachuk, Jost, Sergachev, Chychrun, Brown, etc.

2013 I was hoping for Domi, (curse you Arizona, another reason we have to steal your children), 2014 I was praying one of Ehlers or Nylander were available at our pick, 2015 I started hyper-ventilating after Boston's picks. This year I can't really make up my mind for one or two guys i'm praying fall to us outside the top 3, so i'll be happy as long as it's a prospect who can skate, and has high end skill.

If we don't win I hope it's not the Leafs. Oilers for the maximum lols and the greatest young C depth I can ever recall.

Jost and Brown really intrigue me. I'm not sure what Jost's ceiling is, but he seems like a sure-fire NHLer with great character and a really well-rounded game.

I have no idea what to think about the LHDs, but getting a truly good one would be a great addition to our prospect pool.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Thanks for this @aavco cup.

I did the simulation and got Jets #1. First attempt. Just sayin. :handclap:

Here are the 1001 lottery tickets this year

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/pdfs/NHL-Lottery-2016-Look-Up-Table-Numerical.pdf

And sorted by team

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/en/v3/ext/pdfs/NHL-Lottery-2016-Look-Up-Table-Alpha-by-Team.pdf

All the Jets winning tickets

image.png

The fun simulator. Pick the numbers and watch the team odds change on the fly

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/lottery.html

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Both Jost and Brown are very interesting - high skill on both of them. Brown is obviously a huge kid - Jost isn't big, but he's not small either.

I think Jost's skating is probably stronger than Browns right now, but you never know how things will turn out with gangly-legged big guys like Brown. Witness Wheels. Brown seems to have decent speed, but needs work on acceleration.

Both have good vision and shots. Jost has quite the backhand as well - more than a few of his goals last year were in close bar-down backhands that caught goalies by surprise.

Still hoping for a lottery win, but there do appear to be some very good selections later further down as well.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
If we do fall to #9 we would be extremely unlucky but so would all the 6 worst teams. Could we still get PLD at #9? Here's how.

1. ? Mathews
2. ? Laine
3. ? Pulj
4. Leafs Tkachuk (future winger for Marner)
5. Oilers Chychrun (need D)
6. Canucks Fanbro (need D best RHD available)
7. Blue Jackets Keller (american pedigree)
8. Flames Juolevi (just a feeling)
9. Jets PLD (Chevy grin inserted here)

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If we do fall to #9 we would be extremely unlucky but so would all the 6 worst teams. Could we still get PLD at #9? Here's how.

1. ? Mathews
2. ? Laine
3. ? Pulj
4. Leafs Tkachuk (future winger for Marner)
5. Oilers Chychrun (need D)
6. Canucks Fanbro (need D best RHD available)
7. Blue Jackets Keller (american pedigree)
8. Flames Juolevi (just a feeling)
8. Coyotes Brown (crazy owners want an American to market)
9. Jets PLD (Chevy grin inserted here)

Don't think there's a chance that the Flames would pass on PLD. I doubt the Canucks would, either.

You're missing Nylander in the mix. He might go top 6 or 7.

I'm focusing in on Jost or Brown or one of the LHDs for the Jets pick, if they don't win a top-3.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Both Jost and Brown are very interesting - high skill on both of them. Brown is obviously a huge kid - Jost isn't big, but he's not small either.

I think Jost's skating is probably stronger than Browns right now, but you never know how things will turn out with gangly-legged big guys like Brown. Witness Wheels. Brown seems to have decent speed, but needs work on acceleration.

Both have good vision and shots. Jost has quite the backhand as well - more than a few of his goals last year were in close bar-down backhands that caught goalies by surprise.

Still hoping for a lottery win, but there do appear to be some very good selections later further down as well.

I see Jost as a Little type of player, or maybe Toews-lite. He just seems to have that "it" factor. Nice that Brown and Jost are both natural C's.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
I see Jost as a Little type of player, or maybe Toews-lite. He just seems to have that "it" factor. Nice that Brown and Jost are both natural C's.

I didn't say it was the most likely outcome but then again neither is falling to 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->