Winnipeg
JZadQ3p.gif
FA2kNSX.gif

By3WpvF.gif
h07i2po.gif

mcBWQFy.gif
rHhDtKb.gif

Last 10: Winnipeg 4-6-0; New Jersey 3-6-1

Season series: This is the first meeting. The New Jersey Devils won three of the four meetings last season
and have prevailed in five straight against the Winnipeg Jets franchise at Prudential Center.

Big story: Both teams will try to shake off a Saturday matinee loss in the first of a home-and-home,
although the second half at MTS Centre isn't until Thursday.

Team scope

Jets: Winnipeg's trouble with goal prevention in its first season after the franchise moved from Atlanta
has continued in year two. The Jets were 26th in the NHL in goals allowed in 2011-12 and are 25th
this season, yielding 3.18 goals per game, which is up from 2.95 last season.

It was a problem again Saturday. The Jets had a 3-1 lead on the road at Wells Fargo Center, but
allowed four straight goals in a loss to the Philadelphia Flyers. One big problem for Winnipeg is the
penalty kill -- the Jets are last in the League at 67.9 percent. The Flyers erased the 3-1 deficit with
three straight power-play goals before an empty-netter just before the final horn.

Devils: After playing 10 of their first 15 games against division foes, the Devils are now in the midst of an
11-game stretch against non-Atlantic teams. New Jersey went 7-2-1 in those division battles, but after
a 5-1 loss to the Washington Capitals on Saturday afternoon, the Devils are 3-2-3 outside the Atlantic.
The New York Rangers, Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins all have at least six non-division victories.

The Devils have the oldest goaltending tandem in the League -- Martin Brodeur and Johan Hedberg -- but
they have done a decent job protecting them. New Jersey is third in the NHL in shots allowed per game at 26.2,
behind only noted stingy clubs the St. Louis Blues and Los Angeles Kings.

Who's hot: Jets forward Evander Kane has a point in six straight games. … Devils forward Ilya Kovalchuk has
shaken off a bit of a slow start (five points in his first nine games) by collecting 12 in the past nine, including
goals in back-to-back games.

Injury report: The Jets were without defensemen Tobias Enstrom (shoulder) and Zach Redmond (leg),
goaltender Al Montoya (lower body) and forward Antti Miettinen (upper body) against the Flyers. ... The Devils
did not have Dainius Zubrus (wrist) and Ryan Carter (head) against the Capitals.

g03qZBL.gif
29V9JLo.gif

H2PzIoA.gif
P4d9RcG.gif

3WH84TI.gif
zmUk1qi.gif

bXtSPye.gif
6XC6PXP.gif

VQ38kIT.gif
kPJnsSV.gif

oTdxWr7.gif
wQckJfm.gif

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
What a beautiful GDT. I'm surprised you had any time to come out for a skate tonight.

If the Jets somehow find a way to win this one I might forgive yesterday's collapse. Sadly, I don't go into games any more feeling like this team will win.

Either stay out of the damned box or learn how to kill a penalty. Simple as that.

Prot

Sep 21, 2011
Love the homage to Zach. Well done.

It will be interesting to see how Poni plays.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Love the Jersey Lineups. It's a great touch.

Thanks! I made the Jets ones, and if you look close enough you can see they don't really stack up to the Devils ones from that Jersey Database site. :laugh:

Ah well. Zachy Reds needs Dr. Krieger to give him some bionic legs.

rehf

Fueled by Maurice
Feb 15, 2013
Winnipeg
It would be really, really nice to score a goal on a power play... please?

Going to be an interesting game.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Think there is any chance Pasquale today? Pavs was really busy yesterday, and he has had problems on back to back over his career.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
At this point I enjoy the GDTs more than the game it's representing.

Very nice and fitting GDT Hammer :handclap::handclap:

Yea Lynk you pretty much nailed it. Of coase we play in the f$&@#¥€ afternoon again so I will miss the game.....it did save me the torture of watching yesterday though so I guess it's not all bad. We win this game and it was a heck of a road trip lose and meh.

Really it's kind Of shocking with how abysmal our special teams have been this season that we could be 1 win below .500 after today? Off coarse we catch the devils after a pi55 poor game ready to get back on track.

Feeling negative based on how these guys dominated us last season but really I don't have a sniff......I will hope for the best but brace for the worst.

Tdoe42

Jun 7, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Think there is any chance Pasquale today? Pavs was really busy yesterday, and he has had problems on back to back over his career.

No I think they wanna get Pav's in a groove... Imo the game he didnt start against the Isles didnt help and just set him back

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Yesterday AM we were full of hope, and only 2 pts out of 1st place in SE.

Today we are bottom 5 in the league and even the Isles are ahead of us....

JUST WIN.

videofarmer

thirsty
Sep 11, 2009
ATL
At this point I enjoy the GDTs more than the game it's representing.

:laugh: Me too! Nice job, Hammer.
Devils took a lickin' yesterday. Not sure how they'll play today. I think Kovy scores on Pavs and Bogosian scores on a rush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad