Wow 95 hits between 10:45 PM and and 11:25 PM

Nahhh we aren't starving for anything Jets Hockey related :sarcasm:

It took me well over an hour to find that one article oppps... yeah Ok,
I'm a starving! :shakehead

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Hopefully Morrissey makes the team this year.

And yes we would have had room for abother top four LHD. Eg.) Schemko or Weircoch. It just would have meant that Stuart would have been in the PB.

Enstrom Trouba
Morrissey Byfuglien
Weircoch Myers

Or some variation.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Does Ken Wiebe have any good connections? Does he know what he is talking about?

Because this ....
Winnipeg Jets opening-night D projection

Toby Enstrom-Dustin Byfuglien

Jacob Trouba-Tyler Myers

Mark Stuart-Ben Chiarot

Brian Strait-Paul Postma

According to him we are just a stubbed toe away from having Stu and Strait in the lineup at the same time.

If he is right does it mean the Jets are trying to win the lottery again? Laine is not enough? We need Patrick too?

Edit: I'd hate to see his goaltending solution. :laugh:

Last edited:

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Does Ken Wiebe have any good connections? Does he know what he is talking about?

Because this ....

Jacob Trouba-Tyler Myers

Mark Stuart-Ben Chiarot

Brian Strait-Paul Postma

According to him we are just a stubbed toe away from having Stu and Strait in the lineup at the same time.

If he is right does it mean the Jets are trying to win the lottery again? Laine is not enough? We need Patrick too?

Why are they splitting Buff and Trouba?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015

Because this ....

Jacob Trouba-Tyler Myers

Mark Stuart-Ben Chiarot

Brian Strait-Paul Postma

Stu-Strait
Depth amirite ?

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

Because this ....

Jacob Trouba-Tyler Myers

Mark Stuart-Ben Chiarot

Brian Strait-Paul Postma

I doubt he has any connections. He just took the pairings from mid last year when the entire team was healthy and punched it in.

The Stuart Chariot pairing was truly atrocious so I doubt Maurice is likely to try it again.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I doubt he has any connections. He just took the pairings from mid last year when the entire team was healthy and punched it in.

The Stuart Chariot pairing was truly atrocious so I doubt Maurice is likely to try it again.

I'm assuming the bolded is correct. If so that is a terrible analysis/prognostication. He's doing that for a living. His earlier one on the forwards wasn't a lot better.
http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Winnipeg/2016/07/26/22654490.html

Whileee

May 29, 2010
And Strait can play his off side...so we could see Stu-Strait at some point!

That would be an epic disaster, comparable to the Stuart-Harrison pairing that Maurice inflicted on us in the stretch run a couple of seasons ago.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
And Strait can play his off side...so we could see Stu-Strait at some point!

More like "Scared Stu-Strait: The troubled times of the Jets 3rd pairing"

I hope like there's no tomorrow that we never see that pairing.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
That would be an epic disaster, comparable to the Stuart-Harrison pairing that Maurice inflicted on us in the stretch run a couple of seasons ago.

Barring significant injuries if we see such a thing I will be extremely pissed at Maurice.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Barring significant injuries if we see such a thing I will be extremely pissed at Maurice.

If Chiarot and Postma are both injured I wonder what Mo would do...? Hopefully move Trouba back over to the right and bring up Morrissey or something like that:

Enstrom-Myers
Morrissey-Buff
Stu-Trouba

But I don't know - Chevy signed Strait on July 1 to a one-way NHL contract. He might get a shot...

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
If Chiarot and Postma are both injured I wonder what Mo would do...? Hopefully move Trouba back over to the right and bring up Morrissey or something like that:

Enstrom-Myers
Morrissey-Buff
Stu-Trouba

But I don't know - Chevy signed Strait on July 1 to a one-way NHL contract. He might get a shot...

Strait strikes me as a MacWilliam replacement, I'd be surprised is he saw more usage than that

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Strait strikes me as a MacWilliam replacement, I'd be surprised is he saw more usage than that

I hope he's just a MacWilliam replacement...but yes, if you needed to replace a ****** defenseman, Strait's your guy! :laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
More like "Scared Stu-Strait: The troubled times of the Jets 3rd pairing"

I hope like there's no tomorrow that we never see that pairing.

I don't want to see either half of that pairing play for the Jets - ever.

Surely there are AHL level D men available for a fraction of that money who are better than Strait. Just because he played in the NHL last year don't assume that he is better than any GOOD AHL player.

Why would Chevy look to replace MacWilliam with a player on a 1 way NHL contract? He got Howden for the Moose on a 2 way NHL deal. There is no way there was competition for Strait's services. If any other team wanted him then let them have him for Pete's sake.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't want to see either half of that pairing play for the Jets - ever.

Surely there are AHL level D men available for a fraction of that money who are better than Strait. Just because he played in the NHL last year don't assume that he is better than any GOOD AHL player.

Why would Chevy look to replace MacWilliam with a player on a 1 way NHL contract? He got Howden for the Moose on a 2 way NHL deal. There is no way there was competition for Strait's services. If any other team wanted him then let them have him for Pete's sake.

I see Strait as nothing more than a vet for the Moose with 184 NHL games under his belt. He has past experience as a captain of the USA World junior team and the USA U18 team and is likely the type of guy Chevy & TNSE wants around the kids on the Moose. The trade off for getting a guy happy in his role early in the off season was an NHL minimum salary. So unless Chipman is asking you to chip in, just think of him as a little "glue" for the prospects. And #9 on the depth chart so if we get decimated with injuries on the backend we have someone in a pinch.

Georgetown Al*

Georgetown Al
Oct 6, 2015
Dustin Byfuglien ranked 12th on NHL Network’s first-ever edition of the Top 20 Defenc

NHL Network’s Top 20 Defencemen Right Now:

1. Drew Doughty, Los Angeles Kings

2. Erik Karlsson, Ottawa Senators

3. Brent Burns, San Jose Sharks

4. Duncan Keith, Chicago Blackhawks

5. Victor Hedman, Tampa Bay Lightning

6. Kris Letang, Pittsburgh Penguins

7. Roman Josi, Nashville Predators

8. P.K. Subban, Nashville Predators

9. Shea Weber, Montreal Canadiens

10. Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Arizona Coyotes

11. Ryan Suter, Minnesota Wild