Proposal: Jets Defence Mega Thread

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
BuFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tenor.gif

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I’d rather not blow more assets for minor upgrades that won’t get this team anywhere. This team is not a contender.

Take a step back, grab top 10 draft pick, sign a UFA defenseman (if Buff is done) and reevaluate the coaching staff to change the culture in the room.

Trinity

Dec 12, 2017
I’d rather not blow more assets for minor upgrades that won’t get this team anywhere. This team is not a contender.

Take a step back, grab top 10 draft pick, sign a UFA defenseman (if Buff is done) and reevaluate the coaching staff to change the culture in the room.
I agree Maurice needs to go, but who do you replace him with?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Risto for Roslovic and a 3rd. Who says no?

Jets already have Pionk on the right side, I don’t think they can afford to have two Pionk’s on the right side and I’m not talking about cap hits here. I’m not hating on either guy, both are what they are.......you can afford to have one of those guys but not both imo (again not referring to cap hits).

I would sooner grab older D like Hainsey or his ilk as a bridge for one year. Then go hunting for D this summer via FA & trade and see how our young D develop. Ristolainen just isn’t what we need.....he fills no needs outside he’s more physical then all our D......but that isn’t a big selling point.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
I agree Maurice needs to go, but who do you replace him with?

Vincent temporarily. That would be enough of a message to the team that there is going to be a culture change and go from there. Look into Keefe in the offseason. Talk to the “ruffled feathers” in the room and if they don’t buy in, you move them at the TDL or draft

edit. Chances of T.O letting keefe go is slim with Babs in the hot seat

Last edited:

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
I said quality defenseman and am not specifying Risto is the answer or has equal worth.

I am however cool with moving out Roslovic or Perreault for a solid defenceman.
It would likely be both.
Roslovic for the trade, Perreault for the cap space if Buff returns.

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018

This exactly.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

My 2 cents is if the team feels this way they should trade Wheeler while his value is high. Let's face it he isn't no spring chicken

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
My 2 cents is if the team feels this way they should trade Wheeler while his value is high. Let's face it he isn't no spring chicken

I'm sure that would go a long way towards encouraging free agents to sign in Winnipeg. Trade another captain, especially one who genuinely works his ass off and wants to win.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg

Your ideas are intriguing to me, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

A top 10 pick could get us that 2nd line center that we badly need.

Reactions: untouchable21

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I have Roslovic on my trade list to get a quality defenceman.
I still Roslovic is going to be a top 6 forward in this league. Sadly he is probably the trade bait Chevy will dangle to up grade the D (that Chevy inexplicably let dissolve over the summer). Not sure who I would prefer the Jets trade 'cause the team needs a real top 3 Dman in the worst way and wont get him with spare parts. It will cost a player we (Jets fans) don't want to trade.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Gudbranson for whatever pick you'd want to give up. We just need the cap space. Winnipeg should be able to handle the 4.0 hit this year and next, yes?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->