mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
tiaea1w.png

Reactions: Foundational Player

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Missed the game, because I really don't care at this point. Wake me up for training camp when the team isn't on fire. This season absolutely sucks, in every possible way.

I will look forward to the Athleties to read more about this dire season though.

Reactions: TruKnyte

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Can't stomach another season of Edler. Schmidt being an upgrade over Tanev has become a huge joke, not to mention they play different lines.

The only good players have been rookies, goalies and JT Miller, 4 years now. Coaching staff turns everyone into plugs if given more than 1 season.

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Team looks bagged. And rightfully so. Not much more than that needs to be said. Hopefully, Green will have some mercy on the vets and just let them sit.

I wonder when we will find out how bad Pettersson, Beagle, Sutter, Roussel etc. are banged up. Guessing it will be greater than we been lead to believe.

Reactions: Grantham

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Team looks bagged. And rightfully so. Not much more than that needs to be said. Hopefully, Green will have some mercy on the vets and just let them sit.

I wonder when we will find out how bad Pettersson, Beagle, Sutter, Roussel etc. are banged up. Guessing it will be greater than we been lead to believe.

I bet in the off season we will find out how bad covid also was for them. I’d bet more than the few we knew were completely destroyed by it.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
The Canucks are set up for a good draft number if they lose out. Even if they win just one they'll still be set up. If they win 2 all Hell breaks loose. If they do lose out who wins 3rd last between the Canucks and NJ?

Just looking at that makes me sigh. The Comets moved to Abbotsford and will no longer be called the Comets. The Comets in the AHL will continue with a new parent with a 1o-year contract. Who might that parent be? The New Jersey Devils who could end up with an equally bad season as the Canucks, but not much worse, no matter the outcome of the Canucks last 5 games.

One of the best places to play AHL hockey, with state of the art player facilities, and the best crowd in minor hockey and they get 2 of the worst possible parents possible. What did we do to deserve this? Well, the one thing we do know is that the Devils will be loading the roster with NJ draft selections. We have never seen a team loaded with prospects. They may not be a fantastic team, but we will at least know why and root on the kids busting their butts for a chance to crack an NHL roster. If the Devils should realize that number of kids will be desperate for a few solid veterans to help them along the way, things could get very interesting in the Utica Aud.

Executive Vice President and General Manager Thomas Fitzgerald promised the Comets will have a winning culture. Where have I heard that term before?

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Incoming Ozone rant: ;)

We can call this season whatever we want; but the league-wide embarrassment remains..

We always have a few 'Benning yes men' here who take positions of authority and wealth, over common sense and basic hockey knowledge, but let's be clear:

This year: The top players did not show up at the start....stop...
Enough said...

The owners are to blame, by hiring a brain-dead moron that speaks like a 14 year old girl...

Like....like...y'now....like...

Jesus...agents and GM's are salivating with this embarrassment.

For the love of everything nice....

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
Love how they showed Green's quote during the game, about how he thinks he's a better coach now, than when the season started... and like 10 seconds later the Jets make it 4-0. Then 5-0 another minute later. Patting himself on the back before his team gets absolutely embarrassed. If I wasn't so invested in the team, I would call this comedy gold

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Interesting about Green...

I supported him back when.

After the Hog benching and the attitute, screw him

Reactions: mossey3535

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Energy depleted after some comically inept offence from the Jets last game. Canucks completely collapsed in the 2nd. You wonder if they're even going to play the Flames games at this rate; wouldn't be the worst option.

--Love to see Rathbone so confident. Could be a real gem.

--Hoggster was I thought quieter today. Well, obviously everyone else was, too.

--Nobody got hurt.

--Morass of bottom six guys continues. Graovac's trying, making himself noticeable. Boyd brings zero. Michaelis is there. Highmore is a person. You'd think someone would be playing for a job...until you remember the job would be here.

--Holtby sucks, but by now that's no secret. Not that you win many games scoring zero goals.

--Miller continues to be an emotional guy who hates losing. And...yeah. There's going to be losing.

This year's saga is sagging to a close. Mercifully.

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Somebody other than Miller throw a hit. Can’t they play tough to set a presence next year? All I wish is for them to act like a hockey team, pretend if you have to.

Reactions: Fatass

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
The Canucks are set up for a good draft number if they lose out. Even if they win just one they'll still be set up. If they win 2 all Hell breaks loose. If they do lose out who wins 3rd last between the Canucks and NJ?

Just looking at that makes me sigh. The Comets moved to Abbotsford and will no longer be called the Comets. The Comets in the AHL will continue with a new parent with a 1o-year contract. Who might that parent be? The New Jersey Devils who could end up with an equally bad season as the Canucks, but not much worse, no matter the outcome of the Canucks last 5 games.

One of the best places to play AHL hockey, with state of the art player facilities, and the best crowd in minor hockey and they get 2 of the worst possible parents possible. What did we do to deserve this? Well, the one thing we do know is that the Devils will be loading the roster with NJ draft selections. We have never seen a team loaded with prospects. They may not be a fantastic team, but we will at least know why and root on the kids busting their butts for a chance to crack an NHL roster. If the Devils should realize that number of kids will be desperate for a few solid veterans to help them along the way, things could get very interesting in the Utica Aud.

Executive Vice President and General Manager Thomas Fitzgerald promised the Comets will have a winning culture. Where have I heard that term before?
But will the parent team provide a veteran center? Nah, who cares about that, eh?!

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
Vesey has been absolutely brutal since he joined the team. He won't be in the NHL next season. That said, he is not the worst Canuck skater this season. Would make an interesting poll question! I'll go with Michaelis. While there may be some untapped potential that can be developed in Abbotsford, he does absolutely nothing. Highmore is bad but at least he plays with max effort. Chatfield is also really bad but at least he... Holtby has, for the most part, been brutal. Yeah, someone should make a poll!

Reactions: theguardianII

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Vesey has been absolutely brutal since he joined the team. He won't be in the NHL next season. That said, he is not the worst Canuck skater this season. Would make an interesting poll question! I'll go with Michaelis. While there may be some untapped potential that can be developed in Abbotsford, he does absolutely nothing. Highmore is bad but at least he plays with max effort. Chatfield is also really bad but at least he... Holtby has, for the most part, been brutal. Yeah, someone should make a poll!
There are reasons other teams have given up on these reclamation projects. That fans believe they are keepers just re-inforces the lack of Benning's ability to do players evaluations.

It is the same for players that cup contenders offer up certain players, they go through all their players and decide which ones they don't need or may have over paid. They can also move along some players that have baggage.

Benning has traded like he is desperate. Miller, the best player in a trade, may have baggage. He certainly looks like a very unhappy player, unhappy to be here.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

The guy who actually has disappointed me since being acquired is Travis Boyd. Not that I had high expectations, but was hoping he could show enough to be worth keeping around next year as that 13th forward with some position flexibility who could maybe be a cheap 4C in a couple years when Beagle was gone. He's really shown nothing and has fallen behind a handful of guys in battles for a contract next year.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
The guy who actually has disappointed me since being acquired is Travis Boyd. Not that I had high expectations, but was hoping he could show enough to be worth keeping around next year as that 13th forward with some position flexibility who could maybe be a cheap 4C in a couple years when Beagle was gone. He's really shown nothing and has fallen behind a handful of guys in battles for a contract next year.
Agree with you 100%. I watch a lot of Leafs games being in Ontario and he fit their system quite well. I thought he would contribute more in Vancouver. Of course, Boyd at a minimum contract is far better value than Beagle but that's damning with faint praise.

Reactions: mossey3535

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Oh a topic making the rounds in the media, the number of players used this year, they are up around 36 or so.
Big deal, Torts year they used 46 due to injuries,

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016

agreed.

but none of the replacement guys have shown me they are nhl players. in fairness to them, they are role players with no defined role on this team fitting their talents to play from which they could build. we have no grinding for them to do. a guy like graovac could be a useful player if he played a disciplined defensive role and picked his spots to be creative a few times a game. instead he's out there trying to be denis savard, when he is, at best, sean matthias.

it is sort of like what happened with megna and chaput. they were great roleplayers put into roles way over their heads, and so they became irritating reminders we lacked talent. in this case, the bottom six is just not being played as a bottom six. they are all out there trying to score every shift and they look awful not doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad