Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 4-3 (OT) (Pettersson x2, Sutter)

Status
Not open for further replies.

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Since Aqua's tweet storm, we're 2-1-2. How many more regulation losses until we're below 1% playoff odds? Like 3 or 4?
29th in the league?

The best game the boyz had.
But like most of the last 5 years and other 236 times, they looked good losing.

Reactions: bh53

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
The positive side is that last night was the seventh solid effort in a row. Unfortunately they've only come away with six points in those games, a bit unlucky. They dug themselves into a deep hole with the bad play of the first few weeks and probably aren't good enough to get out of it.

Grantham

Mar 28, 2017
Anyone else actually happy with this game? EP showing elite top end skill. Hughes doing his magic. Hoglander stirring stuff up. Big Mac laying the smack down.

Exciting finish, with the PP being a force to tie it up.

And to top it all off, we still might get a good pick at the end of this weird season.

All I want is them to play with heart and effort like they have in the last half dozen games, and I’m happy.

Reactions: Bougieman

CpatainCanuck

Sep 18, 2008
Anyone else actually happy with this game? EP showing elite top end skill. Hughes doing his magic. Hoglander stirring stuff up. Big Mac laying the smack down.

And to top it all off, we still might get a good pick at the end of this weird season.

All I want is them to play with heart and effort like they have in the last half dozen games, and I’m happy.

I want management to build a good team...:dunno:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

The last half dozen games have been fun too watch...Its not like the effort has not been there..Unfortunately, they're finding ways to eke out a loss, which puts a damper on things.

When they get officially eliminated, they will most likely go on a tear ,in garbage time.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
You know if this team had been remotely ready to actually start the season, we might not be writing their obituary so early. But that six game losing streak out of the gate, looks like it's going to cost them their season.

I have no idea if it was a bubble playoff hangover or the fact that training camp was only three practices long, but clearly the Canucks were the poorest prepared of all the North Division teams to get the season going.

Have to come down on coaching, as part of the culprit I guess. After all, every other Canadian Division team only had a one week training camp as well. It was the same for everybody.

Izzy Goodenough

Oct 11, 2020

You must be new in these parts.

shottasasa

Nov 16, 2011
Canada
That’s sort of why you don’t really want to talk about those stats with a small sample size though. The moral victories in a 7 game stretch are wiped out by the previous 15 games. The real team is likely in between the horrendous team at the start and the team right now.

Oh I agree they are not as good as this stretch indicates, because if the Canucks were they would be a top 10 play driving team in the league, and with average goaltending would be a playoff lock. Their true talent lies somewhere closer to the middle. but my point was that they aren't as truly awful as they were in the beginning of the season and that was a collective failure of the franchise, which it is extremely frustrating.

I don't understand this "moral victories" narrative, all this has done is annoy me that the franchise was so ill prepared for the start of the season, and that they've dug themselves such a big hole and effectively wasted a season of entertainment and possibly a playoff run even if they weren't top tier contenders. There are no moral victories there. God only knows what Aquilini will do regarding the management team but I half suspect he won't fire Benning because he's so tight that he doesn't want to pay him out while paying a new GM.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The only thing that's remotely interesting about the Canucks these days is the performance of their young guys.....all I really care about is Hughes, Pettersson, Boeser, Hoglander, Horvat and maybe Juolevi.

As for the rest, they're basically just 'placeholders'. The Canucks won't be any better until most of them are gone. With the playoffs basically on life-support, what else is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad