Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Canucks consolidate their hold on sixth place in the division, which is where they're destined to finish.

With their top two lines firing blanks, this was a game where you needed something--anything- from the third and fourth lines. But of course all those lines are apparently supposed to do is skate around for the odd shift and dump pucks in and out. They won't score a goal a month.

And the fact is that the coach feels he has to use Eriksson in the bottom six is nothing short of an affront. The first guy out the door this off-season has to be Eriksson, followed closely behind by the coach who keeps playing him year after tired year.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Did you know that you cannot have multiple accounts under the same IP? Trust me I’ve tried the many times I’ve been banned. They would not accept “NotJohnnyCanucker” so you may need to loosen that tinfoil hat.

Not tough to have 2 different user names using 2 different email addresses. Known people who have done that. Register under totally different names.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Watched that hit in slow motion 5 times, just can't tell if the POC was the head. He had his back to him when they actually collided and looked like he bracing himself. Doubt there will be any discipline. Which is my way of determining if it was "dirty". And Forbort was reaching forward. The 3 vicious cross checks and the mugging should have been called; they were way more obvious.
They were both charging for the puck.

Hoglander braces for a hit at the same time Forbort "squats" and leans to poke the puck with his stick.

This video is 1 second long so it kinda shows how quickly it all happens.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
Is your greatest consideration while making a post 'how can I make this look like a star wars intro?'

. That Sherbert guy didnt get punished for his actions by..
the refs or the Canucks, so will keep acting like that after Hogger

hit him cleanly, no headshot WHATSOEVER clearly. Refs . . dropped the ball and obviously the Canucks focused on winnign t.he
. game late so can understand that, but expect something to happen early on sundays REMATCH
so hopefully Macewan ENTERS the lineup again hopefully at the EXPENSE of Eriksson

giphy.gif

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
so good game, and no puck luck. I thought the game was pretty much even, with a slight edge in chances to the jets. The ending was horrible, and for someone here to suggest the Canucks didn't react to Hoglander abuse, you must have been watching a different game. The refs were impressed enough to even it up 4 on 4. When it should have been 5 on 3. That was clearly a mugging.

I suspect we are going to see the refs make up for it Sunday by calling everything they missed tonight.

EP is having a tough run of it, but it could save us millions on his next contract. He will snap out of it.
Yes he's gonna be pretty cheap if he keeps his 55 pt pace up

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Sorry. I probably didn't see the lead up to your post. I thought you were saying it should be a minor penalty to Hog.
Being a responsible social media user I decided to go to the "source" to at least have a basis for decision making.

My first thoughts were its only a major but I was wrong. The rules used to say that.

The rule now says only a minor.

I assume this is to encourage refs to calls these situations more but still have the option to assess a major match penalty in serious cases.

Sorta like you would call a love tap a 2 minute slash but if you break a guys leg its a match.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Oh, and while I have never been a pro tank guy, we have a ton of dead wood on this team that are making a ton of money. Until Beagle, Roussel (he had a good playoffs though) Sutter and mainly LE are gone, we are going to be a weak team. Overpaid has beens should be replaced by hard hitting YOUNG big bodies that can be got cheap off the waiver wire.

Anyhow, I hope we get another top 6 - 8 pick this year, sign Podkolzin and Tryamkin, grind it through next year and see where we stand in 22 - 23. I think we are going to be good if bloody JB stops giving away draft picks for players that can easily be replaced by the farm or waiver wire. and save a ton of money.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Not tough to have 2 different user names using 2 different email addresses. Known people who have done that. Register under totally different names.

nope. Goes by IP addy. If you register with a different IP then once you log in at any time with the blocked IP, you will get punted. Trust me.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Although the rule should - and ultimately will - be changed to involve any kind of head contact.

But that day is a long way off. As it stands right now, it's a legal hit and that was obvious from the moment it occurred.
Yeah I am a proponent of stricter calls for headshots. But I also realise its a fine line.

I mean to me the "classic" headshot call that wasnt called was the accidentally on purpose elbow Pettersson took to his nose a few years back. Cant remember who it was bit they went in for a check on EP and then when he evaded they did the old spin and bump into him with your back but flair out your elbows hoping to catch him move.

But alas no head shot call even though it was a high risk hit.

Reactions: I am toxic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad