Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Sarcasm isn’t your thing huh? Of course I was kidding about being level headed. I’m an idiot! 70% of the board has muted me, and I’ve been spewing negativity for 15 years on here.

that said, I keep coming back , game in... and game out. Glutton for punishment.

as for the flames / oilers fan comment, that’s low hanging fruit. Be witty if you wanna crack on me, I appreciate being ripped if you put thought behind it. 15,000 posts and ALL in Canucks board. ZERO in any other board...

under this name anyways ....

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Boeser dragging the top line around. Miller is a turnover machine, but the skills are still noticeably there. Petey has been spacejammed, shooting, hands, skating have all gone to shit. Used to have wow moments every other shift.

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
This team is frustrating. Boeser as a rookie, scoring at will and picking corners. Pettersson comes in a year later and takes over, while Boeser is injured, loses his shot and lacks confidence. Miller comes in as the leader of the team. This year Pettersson, and Miller look like duds, while Boeser has his shot back.
It would be nice if all of our stars would start to gel all at once.

Miller needs to get his head out of his ass, and Pettersson needs to onetime the puck.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Rule 48 – Illegal Check to the Head 48.1 Illegal Check to the Head – A hit resulting in contact with an opponent’s head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable is not permitted. In determining whether contact with an opponent's head was avoidable, the circumstances of the hit including the following shall be considered:
(i)Whether the player attempted to hit squarely through the opponent’s body and the head was not "picked" as a result of poor timing, poor angle of approach, or unnecessary extension of the body upward or outward.

(ii)Whether the opponent put himself in a vulnerable position by assuming a posture that made head contact on an otherwise full body check unavoidable.

(iii)Whether the opponent materially changed the position of his body or head immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit in a way that significantly contributed to the head contact.

48.2 Minor Penalty – For violation of this rule, a minor penalty shall be assessed.

48.3 Major Penalty – There is no provision for a major penalty for this rule.

48.4 Game Misconduct Penalty – There is no provision for a game misconduct for this rule.

It appears its a minor, not a major penalty for an illegal check to the head which I assume a major would get assessed under a different rule.

https://media.nhl.com/site/asset/public/ext/2019-20/2019-20_RuleBook.pdf

Reactions: hn777

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I said this after they scored in the first. Of course people all “better give up then” blah blah. Facts don’t lie. We are mental weaklings. Score a goal on us, may as well just end the game and get home early.

Huh? They battled hard. Mostly controlled the play in the 3rd and had a lot of offensive zone time.

The execution wasn't there, but they also had some bad luck and ran into a brick Brossoit. They didn't "give up".

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
under this name anyways ....

Did you know that you cannot have multiple accounts under the same IP? Trust me I’ve tried the many times I’ve been banned. They would not accept “NotJohnnyCanucker” so you may need to loosen that tinfoil hat.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Huh? They battled hard. Mostly controlled the play in the 3rd and had a lot of offensive zone time.

The execution wasn't there, but they also had some bad luck and ran into a brick Brossoit. They didn't "give up".

0-11 after giving up the first goal. Not once have they battled back. So make any excuse you want. Is it always a brick wall goalie? Always bad luck?
Not once.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
New tactic if you get a penalty go after the other teams player gets turned into a 4-4 genius.
Yes this is absurd. How can you expect to have any respect when you ref like this. No brainer PP and probably should have been a 5 on 3.

The same idiots who decided to let this play out tough will call a ticky tack slash next game with a tie and 5 minutes to go

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Entertaining game IMO good game by the Jets took advtg of a key mistake and Schiefele got the goal on the mistake. We couldnt capitalize on their mistakes and their goalie and our Demmer made some great saves. Some rough stuff at the end made us angry and the Sherbert guy angry too, playoff feel almost tho i think overall Id give the Jets the edge over us. Anyways lets try and take the edge and even up next game. GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

Man I love this team :yo:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
How is it a penalty at all? It says "main point of contact." You can't tell me the head was the main point of contact on the hit.

yes....yes I can.

IMG_1722.jpg

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
No issue with the borderline head shot/crosschecks. Refs did the right thing letting that go.

We should have received a PP with 30 seconds left but at that point the game was done and who cares.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Pettersson has yet to come through. very disappointing showing from him. Hughes once again with the minus against a empty net goal.

gg season.

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
That Sherbert guy didnt get punished for his actions by the refs or the Canucks, so will keep acting like that after Hogger hit him cleanly, no headshot WHATSOEVER clearly. Refs dropped the ball and obviously the Canucks focused on winnign the game late so can understand that, but expect something to happen early on sundays REMATCH so hopefully Macewan ENTERS the lineup again hopefully at the EXPENSE of Eriksson

Is your greatest consideration while making a post 'how can I make this look like a star wars intro?'

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
Watched that hit in slow motion 5 times, just can't tell if the POC was the head. He had his back to him when they actually collided and looked like he bracing himself. Doubt there will be any discipline. Which is my way of determining if it was "dirty". And Forbort was reaching forward. The 3 vicious cross checks and the mugging should have been called; they were way more obvious.

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
How is it a penalty at all? It says "main point of contact." You can't tell me the head was the main point of contact on the hit.

Although the rule should - and ultimately will - be changed to involve any kind of head contact.

But that day is a long way off. As it stands right now, it's a legal hit and that was obvious from the moment it occurred.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Interesting sample
That scheifele line gets absolutely decimated 5v5 this season
they did last season as well

scheifele is scoring, but eeeekk do they give up a lot.
Reminds me of hughes this season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad