Post-Game Talk: Jets def. Canucks - 2-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
I said this after they scored in the first. Of course people all “better give up then” blah blah. Facts don’t lie. We are mental weaklings. Score a goal on us, may as well just end the game and get home early.

Reactions: bh53 and CherryToke

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
This is why Ferland would have been such an asset to this team. He changes the complexion of the team so much. It’s why it’s the one signing I won’t hate Jim Benning for

So, he signed a guy who got away with charging in one playoff series a half decade before, Carolina fans are telling us he's done, and Benning signed him for four years $3.5M.

Benning's successes are so few and far between, but there have been a few. Vrbata, Stecher, and . . . and Stecher and Vrbata.

Go ahead, you can hate Jim Benning for signing Ferland.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Talk to me when you actually go watch it in slow motion. I’m done with you on this.
The size mismatch makes it comical winnie whiner there should play oldtimers if that's enough to need multiple retribution on a much smaller player lol .

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
That Sherbert guy didnt get punished for his actions by the refs or the Canucks, so will keep acting like that after Hogger hit him cleanly, no headshot WHATSOEVER clearly. Refs dropped the ball and obviously the Canucks focused on winnign the game late so can understand that, but expect something to happen early on sundays REMATCH so hopefully Macewan ENTERS the lineup again hopefully at the EXPENSE of Eriksson

Reactions: CherryToke

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
Boeser comes back elite to solidify an already elite first line and Miller/Petey decided to disappear for 90% of the season. It’s time Miller is dropped to the bottom 6.

Reactions: bh53 and JiffyPB

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
So, he signed a guy who got away with charging in one playoff series a half decade before, Carolina fans are telling us he's done, and Benning signed him for four years $3.5M.

Benning's successes are so few and far between, but there have been a few. Vrbata, Stecher, and . . . and Stecher and Vrbata.

Go ahead, you can hate Jim Benning for signing Ferland.

Upside is hes never cost against cap so cant complain much there .

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
I said this after they scored in the first. Of course people all “better give up then” blah blah. Facts don’t lie. We are mental weaklings. Score a goal on us, may as well just end the game and get home early.
They didnt fold and quit winnipeg played a road game and canucks just cant make that little playnor pass to finish effort was fine isnt a loss that is near as bad as the early ones .

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Benn has played pretty decent but tonight his limitations were on full display. Time to get Hamonic going.

I really cant understand the Eriksson deal. Last game it was the 3 minute shift where as fresh legs he couldn't get the puck out.

Tonight he was again a ghost and the signature play was when Hughes was trying to get off on a change passed it to Loui high in our zone as a Jet started to put pressure on him instead of having any kind of burst and going up ice he skates back towards Hughes and gives him a brutal pass with a guy bearing down on him.

So brutal you could here Hughes swearing FFS.

enough is enough

Last edited:
Reactions: CanuckCity

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Lol. NO you are NOT. You notice you almost never get likes, and i know a lot of people who think you are trolling flame fan.

Sarcasm isn’t your thing huh? Of course I was kidding about being level headed. I’m an idiot! 70% of the board has muted me, and I’ve been spewing negativity for 15 years on here.

that said, I keep coming back , game in... and game out. Glutton for punishment.

as for the flames / oilers fan comment, that’s low hanging fruit. Be witty if you wanna crack on me, I appreciate being ripped if you put thought behind it. 15,000 posts and ALL in Canucks board. ZERO in any other board...

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
so good game, and no puck luck. I thought the game was pretty much even, with a slight edge in chances to the jets. The ending was horrible, and for someone here to suggest the Canucks didn't react to Hoglander abuse, you must have been watching a different game. The refs were impressed enough to even it up 4 on 4. When it should have been 5 on 3. That was clearly a mugging.

I suspect we are going to see the refs make up for it Sunday by calling everything they missed tonight.

EP is having a tough run of it, but it could save us millions on his next contract. He will snap out of it.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->